2006 CR250

Edited Date/Time 10/1/2021 9:24am
Hello everyone! Figured I’d share what I’m planning and what I’ve done to my CR. I bought the bike in 2013-14 from the original owner. He had flipped it over pretty bad and destroyed the subframe. I left the bike in it’s original form till 2017 when I decided to completely redo the whole bike but as life changed I didn’t have the money and time to finish it. Now that I have lots of time and some money haha I’m continuing my build. I’m using a 2014 CRF250 shock and I’m undecided on what forks to use. This is what I’ve done so far. I bought GPI radiators and then sanding them to give them a brushed look, I also installed samco hoses. I modified my rear brake lever by taking the tip off and installed a tusk flip back pedal. As I said the subframe was destroyed I’ve straightened it enough so I can mock it up. I cut all the cracked aluminum off. As you can see I’ve been mocking up new rear bracket mounts to get cut out of aluminum. The bike definitely does not look great at the moment but will be very “works” looking when finished.
|
murph783
9/18/2021 9:23am
Love these bikes, anything Honda around this generation was so rad. Definitely gonna need some woody the woodpecker graphics. I don’t think they’re period correct but like…c’mon

The Shop

9/18/2021 9:41am
murph783 wrote:
Love these bikes, anything Honda around this generation was so rad. Definitely gonna need some woody the woodpecker graphics. I don’t think they’re period correct but...
Love these bikes, anything Honda around this generation was so rad. Definitely gonna need some woody the woodpecker graphics. I don’t think they’re period correct but like…c’mon
Me too! I loved my 96 RM125 too, thing was fast! I'm not a huge fan of the woody decals (sue me), I've seen way too many replicas but technically you are right. In 2006 Jeremy had them on his RC. I was thinking about doing something along lines of Ryuichiro Takahama's 01 RC bike. It s very minimalistic and has the greyish wings, rather then the black ones.

murph783
9/18/2021 9:53am
murph783 wrote:
Love these bikes, anything Honda around this generation was so rad. Definitely gonna need some woody the woodpecker graphics. I don’t think they’re period correct but...
greyghost1 wrote:
Me too! I loved my 96 RM125 too, thing was fast! I'm not a huge fan of the woody decals (sue me), I've seen way too...
Me too! I loved my 96 RM125 too, thing was fast! I'm not a huge fan of the woody decals (sue me), I've seen way too many replicas but technically you are right. In 2006 Jeremy had them on his RC. I was thinking about doing something along lines of Ryuichiro Takahama's 01 RC bike. It s very minimalistic and has the greyish wings, rather then the black ones.

Hey to each their own. I don’t think anyone can argue a good clean Honda wing not covered in energy drink logos is a sharp look
9/18/2021 2:53pm
murph783 wrote:
greyghost1 wrote:
Me too! I loved my 96 RM125 too, thing was fast! I'm not a huge fan of the woody decals (sue me), I've seen way too...

murph783 wrote:
Hey to each their own. I don’t think anyone can argue a good clean Honda wing not covered in energy drink logos is a sharp look
Agreed! I love the look of some of the older RC bikes.
B Lenny
9/23/2021 12:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2021 12:30pm
My 2002..Can't wait to see how your's turns out...

9/25/2021 7:32am
murph783 wrote:
greyghost1 wrote:

Throttle jockey has the best cr graphics. There is other seat covers besides the factory ones. You can choose your color I couldn’t make my mind up on either blue like 87,s or Yellow with TUf printed on. DGY was a thought also, you can have anything printed on the seat cover. TUF ax bikes always looked hot they usually had yellow on the seats.
Stevehrc
9/26/2021 4:13am
Going to be a awesome build. Not a fan of the restyle kits but. Stock plastics ftw
9/27/2021 6:48am
B Lenny wrote:
My 2002..Can't wait to see how your's turns out... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/09/23/511410/s1200_242389419_10208650525577830_900756773055530214_n.jpg[/img]
My 2002..Can't wait to see how your's turns out...

Nice looking bike! How long did it take you to polish that frame??
9/27/2021 7:52am
murph783 wrote:
greyghost1 wrote:

Throttle jockey has the best cr graphics. There is other seat covers besides the factory ones. You can choose your color I couldn’t make my mind...
Throttle jockey has the best cr graphics. There is other seat covers besides the factory ones. You can choose your color I couldn’t make my mind up on either blue like 87,s or Yellow with TUf printed on. DGY was a thought also, you can have anything printed on the seat cover. TUF ax bikes always looked hot they usually had yellow on the seats.
I’ll actually be going with RMC CO. I like to support small business’s as much as I can. He does some awesome work! His insta is rmcco._
9/27/2021 8:00am
Stevehrc wrote:
Going to be a awesome build. Not a fan of the restyle kits but. Stock plastics ftw
I really like the look of the newer Honda’s and was actually going to go with the restyle but it looked weird and didn’t fit very good. Plus the polisport plastic faded so bad even in indoors.
10/1/2021 9:24am
I welded up my replacement swing arm (original has a fair sized dent) and filled the weld down. It had a small but deep gash in it. Will have to strip the anodize and re-anodize it. Also got a nice set of PSF1 forks.
10/4/2021 2:50pm
My PSF1 forks came in today. These things are light! Just waiting on my powder and the triple clamps to show up. Will definitely have to rebuild these as the ones leaking lots of oil.
BToz
10/10/2021 4:36pm
greyghost1 wrote:
My PSF1 forks came in today. These things are light! Just waiting on my powder and the triple clamps to show up. Will definitely have to...
My PSF1 forks came in today. These things are light! Just waiting on my powder and the triple clamps to show up. Will definitely have to rebuild these as the ones leaking lots of oil.
Can’t wait to hear about how the bike rides when you’re done. What is your plan for the rear shock?
10/10/2021 8:48pm
Just Pu a 05 it had the new style kit, I install some old plastic today 04 side plates. Graphics are tj. The bike has better throttle response and runs stronger with stock side plates.

10/10/2021 10:37pm
greyghost1 wrote:
My PSF1 forks came in today. These things are light! Just waiting on my powder and the triple clamps to show up. Will definitely have to...
BToz wrote:
Can’t wait to hear about how the bike rides when you’re done. What is your plan for the rear shock?
Can’t wait to ride it! For ver1 I’ll be running everything the way it is. The rear shock is in excellent shape so I’m not going to rebuild it. I really wanted the newer shock for the length. It lowered the bike roughly about an inch so with the shorter PSF1’s it should hopefully fix my nose heavy issue. I’m trying to mimic my Suzuki’s hahah. It’ll have the 14 triple clamps and the stock 06 linkage but I have a feeling I’ll be making some custom triples and linkage. I definitely wouldn’t run this shock if you want something easy to setup!
10/10/2021 10:42pm
Just Pu a 05 it had the new style kit, I install some old plastic today 04 side plates. Graphics are tj. The bike has better...
Just Pu a 05 it had the new style kit, I install some old plastic today 04 side plates. Graphics are tj. The bike has better throttle response and runs stronger with stock side plates.

That 125 is sweet looking! Hahah just something about the stock plastics and some 2000’s inspired decals!
10/11/2021 7:50am
Thx Ghost I like the stock 04 graphics also just enough wing-huge with a great design. Look into a yt vid adjusting the RC valve the factory way. I set my 04 125 this way it runs great. A pal had a 02 cr250 ported by PR2 Pa. co they did Blackfoot,s engines. Big increases everywhere, that engine was never fully developed. Unlimited potential. Cr250 vids that kick butt philly Phil on cr250, some Cal. Rider on a 06 doing a start and ripping laps.

10/12/2021 2:14pm
Thx Ghost I like the stock 04 graphics also just enough wing-huge with a great design. Look into a yt vid adjusting the RC valve the...
Thx Ghost I like the stock 04 graphics also just enough wing-huge with a great design. Look into a yt vid adjusting the RC valve the factory way. I set my 04 125 this way it runs great. A pal had a 02 cr250 ported by PR2 Pa. co they did Blackfoot,s engines. Big increases everywhere, that engine was never fully developed. Unlimited potential. Cr250 vids that kick butt philly Phil on cr250, some Cal. Rider on a 06 doing a start and ripping laps.

Me too but I’m going to try and do a mix of retro stock along with new for them graphics. I agree they have lots of potential and I’m going to play with the RC valve. My motor is shot so I’m going to look at some replacements.

Post a reply to: 2006 CR250

The Latest