2005 cr250r Birthday build

Wolfey
Edited Date/Time 5/7/2019 7:11pm
My son turns 19 this month and I decided to add to our bike collection. Picked up a fairly clean cr smoker to build as a birthday present for him. I’m not sure what the owner had going on with the graphics lol.The bike came with stock spray painted wheels so I wanted to see if my extra set from the 450 fit.
Sent the frame and swing arm off for powder coating. While that was gone I started to work on replacing what needed to go and cleaning up what I could.

The parts have started rolling in.

We decided to go with the polisport restyle kit to match the look of my 18 crf450

Got the frame and swing arm back today and got to work. Installed all new bearings .

Finished up tonight with installing the engine and rear end.

Next up tomorrow night I hope to get the sub frame on and want to figure out how and where to relocate the electronics so that we can add a Showa steering damper.
|
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
4/18/2019 5:15pm
thats awesome, lucky kid!
Mace-x
4/21/2019 11:47pm
Looking great, I'd love to build a cr250 with the Polisport restyle kit aswell, good luck!
Wolfey
4/22/2019 10:14am
New radiators and braces mounted up .

I’m gonna tuck the cdi under the right shroud.
Started throwing some plastic on to make sure it all lined up.

Should have the wiring finished up tonight and hopefully have the steering damper mounted.

The Shop

Wolfey
4/28/2019 9:02am

This week I’m throwing on the graphics and installing a Lectron carb that I just ordered and setting the sag and she’s good to go.
H4L
4/28/2019 9:49am
Very Kool ! As a kid growing up I didn't have a dad around to buy my dirt bikes. Hopefully he can appreciate what a great gift it is to have a dad. The bike is icing on the cake..
Wolfey
4/28/2019 10:08am
H4L wrote:
Very Kool ! As a kid growing up I didn't have a dad around to buy my dirt bikes. Hopefully he can appreciate what a great...
Very Kool ! As a kid growing up I didn't have a dad around to buy my dirt bikes. Hopefully he can appreciate what a great gift it is to have a dad. The bike is icing on the cake..
The boy is definitely spoiled being the only child ! However, he does great in school ,works a few days a week and is pretty much trouble free.(knock on wood lol)
He is very appreciative and lets his mother and i know so.
This bike is his but lets make no mistakes here in thinking pops isnt gonna ride this thing!
Almost forgot to mention that many of the after market parts and powder coating job was paid for by him.My only complaint is that he doesnt really care to work on the bikes he just wants to ride them.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
4/29/2019 7:20am
H4L wrote:
Very Kool ! As a kid growing up I didn't have a dad around to buy my dirt bikes. Hopefully he can appreciate what a great...
Wolfey wrote:
The boy is definitely spoiled being the only child ! However, he does great in school ,works a few days a week and is pretty much...
The boy is definitely spoiled being the only child ! However, he does great in school ,works a few days a week and is pretty much trouble free.(knock on wood lol)
He is very appreciative and lets his mother and i know so.
This bike is his but lets make no mistakes here in thinking pops isnt gonna ride this thing!
Almost forgot to mention that many of the after market parts and powder coating job was paid for by him.My only complaint is that he doesnt really care to work on the bikes he just wants to ride them.
that's awesome wolfey. now you just got to get him into working on them, haha. i always loved working on bikes with my dad, and still do.
Wolfey
5/2/2019 12:44pm
Graphics are on. Waiting on the lectron carb to get here.

Wolfey
5/7/2019 7:08pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2019 7:21pm
Thanks ?! I just got the Lectron yesterday and installed it tonight. Started first kick on the stand and sound pretty crisp and clean as soon as I turned the choke off. This weekend will be the first test!
Bruce372
5/7/2019 11:28pm
What a lucky young man. And I am sure he will make his family proud!

Post a reply to: 2005 cr250r Birthday build

The Latest