2005 Suzuki RM 250 Turbojez Rebuilding the old lady.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/12/2019 6:08 AM

Here comes a rebuild on my old 250.
Unfortunately I do not have a lot of "before" pics.
I tore it apart to bits and pieces, simply because the crankshaft went out, and since I had it in boxes I figured, why not polish it up a little before putting it back together?

Parts list:
KYB SSS 48mm forks
X-trig clamps with PHDS
2016 RMZ KYB rear shock ( I hereby salute you Vital user Dizzzi2003)
Renthal Twinwall Bars
Renthal Kevlar grips
270mm Galfer front brake
2016 RMZ MC and Caliper
TiPegs
Polisport Restyled plastics
A bit of carbon fiber goodies

So here it goes, I just closed up the motor yesterday:

Photo

and got some bits and pieces delivered:

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

6/12/2019 6:15 AM

Those forks!!!!! shocked

Definitely following this build. Those CF pieces look amazing

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

6/12/2019 6:55 AM

:drooling:

|

6/12/2019 6:55 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Those forks!!!!! shocked

Definitely following this build. Those CF pieces look amazing

Thanks Matty!
It won't be one of the ultra-polished builds, as unfortunately I cannot afford to spend long hours working the scotch brite and wd40 into all the bits. The weather is simply too good to let it sit in the boxes for too long, and I need to get the 250 back together before I blow up the 125 that I built for my lady to ride on grin
I did put the forks on a 125 to test fit and try out what they feel like, and other than being a bit too stiff, they work awesome.

|

6/13/2019 3:38 AM

This is a trick part!
Photo

And ofcourse the forks!

|

6/14/2019 3:45 PM

r18b wrote:

This is a trick part!
Photo

And ofcourse the forks!

I actually have a couple sets of those if anyone's interested in pimping their RM's. This and a front hanger will come as a set, as it made more sense to have a couple of those made, instead of just one set. I was thinking 80$ would be a fair price? What do you think?

|

6/14/2019 4:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2019 4:28 PM

Turbojez wrote:

Here comes a rebuild on my old 250.
Unfortunately I do not have a lot of "before" pics.
I tore it apart to bits and pieces, ...more

I'll do the pipe hanger if it's close to yz. I need for my YZ!

|

6/15/2019 2:47 AM

Zesiger 112 wrote:

I'll do the pipe hanger if it's close to yz. I need for my YZ!

If you measure yours we can make sure it fits wink

|

6/15/2019 5:16 AM

Ill measure my cr expansion pipe hanger and you Will get a pm! Just need to get home from roadracing vacation in Germany first.

Motor looks good!

|

6/15/2019 2:46 PM

Got the hubs painted (i planned something magnesium-like but they turned out to be more like "military appreciation hubs"). Will have to wait and see how will the paint hold up. Rim is what I had lying around for a good couple of years. I do have the itch to steal the gold excels, that I have on my RMZ. The Z is posted for sale and it's plenty of work to swap the rims, but I am still undecided.

As far as RM goes, I got every single bolt and axle from this bike zinc plated, bars re anodized (they were orange) and I am slowly putting it back together. Next stop, linkage bearings.
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

6/16/2019 2:40 AM

Looking good Jez, what pegs are they??

|

6/16/2019 4:47 AM

Headling wrote:

Twenty Tipegs, got them as black friday deal last year, they were crazy cheap, and look very good. They also keep me focused when I walk around the garage, with those teeth waiting to get a piece of my shin. grin

|

6/16/2019 12:22 PM

Headling wrote:

Turbojez wrote:

Twenty Tipegs, got them as black friday deal last year, they were crazy cheap, and look very good. They also keep me focused ...more

Thanks mate, I’ll see if I can find a set for my 125, if not read 13-15 ktm pegs fit

|

6/16/2019 12:46 PM

Headling wrote:

Thanks mate, I’ll see if I can find a set for my 125, if not read 13-15 ktm pegs fit

Those are KTM pegs, I forgot to mention that! I believe it's 2010-2016.
You will need to grind the bottom part (where it rests on the frame) a bit, other than that they fit perfect.

|

6/16/2019 1:53 PM

Ok cool, Thanks again Jez 👍🏻

|

6/17/2019 1:06 AM

Looks nice so far mate

|

6/17/2019 6:19 AM

Sent you a fb message about the pipe hanger.

|

6/19/2019 2:50 AM

Putting the front end together.
I should have sent the Xtrigs for anodising, guess it's a little too late now grin

Don't mind the mess, there's a reason half the time I spend in the garage is looking for my tools.
Photo

|

6/19/2019 9:12 AM

Looking great so far Turbo! And like what other's said.....those damn forks! Freakin' drool worthy!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

6/19/2019 9:32 AM

Badazz build.

|

6/22/2019 9:25 AM

Thanks for the kind words!

Here is how she sits now.
This is NOT finished, as I will be using the restyle plastics, but I am waiting for the graphics kit.
The wheels were also not ready yet, so I took those off a 125, and put them on a 250 just so that I can spin some laps on it this weekend.
Scored a PC pipe a couple of days back, and that's what I'll be using, but it's still in US, so it's gonna take a while to get it down here.

Temporary look:

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

6/25/2019 1:20 AM

When rebuilding I put the Pro Circuit recommended jetting and needle into the carburetor.
This thing is now faster than ever, and as snappy as they come, especially after spending a couple of last months on a 125.
As a matter of fact it was so snappy, that it no longer has a rear fender or silencer, so I need to get back to work on this bike, straighten the silencer, weld the silencer bracket back to the subframe and replace the broken plastics.
Of course it happened on lap one.
I felt like crying when I was laying on the track and saw the bike cart wheeling into the sunset.

|

7/2/2019 2:40 AM

Transmission shat itself on my second ride. It's a love-hate relationship, I'm in the 'hate' stage now.

|

7/2/2019 1:15 PM

Turbojez wrote:

Transmission shat itself on my second ride. It's a love-hate relationship, I'm in the 'hate' stage now.

I know what you going trough. My KTM 150SX did the same thing at first proper riding session after full rebuild. Now it's just waiting in my garage for me to get inspired to rebuild the bike again

|

7/2/2019 2:16 PM

JMX82 wrote:

I know what you going trough. My KTM 150SX did the same thing at first proper riding session after full rebuild. Now it's just ...more

That sucks big time man, I am tearing it apart once again, but I can't help with the quiet voice in my head that keeps talking about a new or barely used TC 250...

|

7/2/2019 2:18 PM

Jez, Langham mx has a bunch of transmission parts new for sale

|

7/2/2019 3:26 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Jez, Langham mx has a bunch of transmission parts new for sale

Thanks Bruce!

|

7/3/2019 3:05 PM

After opening the motor it turned out the crankshaft was toast, ot snapped, so the ignition side wos no longer connected with the clutch side. Need to get another one and she'll be good to go.

|

7/4/2019 1:22 AM

Turbojez wrote:

Putting the front end together.
I should have sent the Xtrigs for anodising, guess it's a little too late now grin

Don't mind the ...more

Hi

From what bike you take the clamps?

RGD

|

7/4/2019 1:41 AM

pedromfr wrote:

Hi

From what bike you take the clamps?

RGD

Hey Pedro, 2016 RMZ 450, but it is not a direct swap. You will need some spacers made (if you look closely between the upper clamp and the upper stem bearing, there is an aluminum spacer, the RMZ stem is longer then RM stem) and fabricate the steering stops, either on the frame or by modifying the triple clamps.

|