2005 Honda Crf450r

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2018 4:51 AM

So in 2007 I bought this 05 Honda as my first 450 and have had it ever since just letting my dad and brother ride it and race it a few times. A couple years back it received a whole new top end and head work with beryllium seats and the works. It maybe has 20 hrs on that work in the last 6 years. Well this year my 54 yr old dad decided the 450 was to much for what he wanted out of riding and he bought a 250f. So instead of letting this thing rot in the corner I brought it home to make it a project bike. My plan is to make it red again with a stock-ish look, super clean everything, replace anything thats worn out, rebuild the FCR suspension, and make sure it runs super crisp. That being said I would love to hear suggestions for this style of HONDA from you guys.I'll apologize for a messy garage its only 20x24 and i am building a 52 chevy truck in there as well as doing many of my wifes pinterest projects so its never clean.
Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Vital news is 100% true 30% of the time.

4/10/2018 11:00 AM

Yes please make it red again, and no claw... Keep the updates coming.

|

4/10/2018 1:04 PM

IMO, Hondas are at there best (aesthetically) when they are simple. Red with a Honda emblem, no gaudy graphics. Especially that era of Honda.

|

4/10/2018 1:41 PM

Yes I plan on going with a factory look from Throttle Jockey. They seem to have the Hondas dialed. With a red seat to idky but I really like the red seats.

|

4/10/2018 1:42 PM

The CLAW got put on there because my dad is a monster kawi super fan and he spent the last 10 years trying to make this thing look like a kawi haha.

|

4/17/2018 5:10 AM

Rebuilt the carb this weekend and got the thing started. While running its non stop popping with little back fires. Any ideas on why that might be would be great. I am going to check for exhaust leaks and air leaks. Just checked valve clearance and have them in spec also. Time to tune it and get the suspension rebuilt next.Photo

Photo

|

4/17/2018 8:15 AM

Pilot jet clogged or partially clogged, accel pump diaphragm, accel punp linkage, or air leak are most likely culprits.

|