2005 Honda CR250R refresh, finished pics

1/9/2019 5:46am
pCp 252 wrote:
Your shop looks well equipped. Build looks great too. How does the nickel plated hardware hold up to wear? Footpeg mounts in particular I’m interested in...
Your shop looks well equipped. Build looks great too.

How does the nickel plated hardware hold up to wear? Footpeg mounts in particular I’m interested in. What about tool marks? Seems like a good solution.

Also, how do you like the Motorsports Products engine stand? Im going to upgrade from a wooden block and debating between the Fly stand or this one.
Thank you. This is the first time that I working with this company called "Caguas Electroplating" and the time will tell the quality of their work. But in my country this the only option that I found. If you like to plate only the peg mounts a small Caswell plating kit do the work. If you looking to plate the complete bike a plating shop is the best option. I have the 3 stands the wood block, the FLY and motorsport prod. and you need to keep your wood stand to start the work. For the price the FLY is the best option, very solid when I applied heavy torque on KTM motors.
6/16/2019 9:31am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2019 12:32pm
The next step in this build will be the sub frame assembly. I decided to buy a new one, after a crash the stock isn't good.
I found a AC subframe in eBay a very good pricing but I was unlucky with it. When I was trying to install the air box, did not enter in the subframe. After take some measures I found a difference of .033" inches between the AC and the stock subframe. They can't accept my theory but at the final they refund my money without more issues. After all I buy a new OEM but there a lot difference in pricing $$.

6/16/2019 9:56am
A new kick starter was greased to prevent premature wear. The foot pegs are Pro Circuit stainless steel and it was powder coated.

6/16/2019 10:34am Edited Date/Time 6/18/2019 5:31am
A new route for the carb. vent hoses also a Pro Circuit vent canister added.

After 1.9hrs on the bike, the brake-in and carb set-up was done. Trust me with the Keihin carb it's other history, the bike runs clear all the throttle opening and does idling like a 4 stroke.

The Shop

6/16/2019 11:38am
Here is some pictures of the bike finished! Part 1

6/16/2019 1:10pm
I would have liked a better place for the pictures but I was against the clock. A customer for the bike was in route to my house to buy it. I try to do the best I could in this build, forgive the mistakes. It was a great experience, do this job and share it with all of you. thank's for lookingSmile
Badd127
Fantasy
2116th
6/18/2019 4:27am
Bike looks great. Good job!
mxagn565
6/18/2019 10:45am
Man, that bike is so nice and clean, I would not even want to ride it and end up with all the wear and tear a dirt bike receives.
6/19/2019 8:01am
mxagn565 wrote:
Man, that bike is so nice and clean, I would not even want to ride it and end up with all the wear and tear a...
Man, that bike is so nice and clean, I would not even want to ride it and end up with all the wear and tear a dirt bike receives.
Don't worry, the new owner of the bike put it in a small dirt bike museum in his house. The bike is there only for looking and he told me that invest more than 3.7K in new hop-up parts. I hope to take some pictures after he finish the assembly.

Post a reply to: 2005 Honda CR250R refresh, finished pics

The Latest