2004 YZ125 Build (Round 2)

1/30/2021 6:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2021 9:09pm
Cool to see the bike progression Tyler! I jumped on the bandwagon and built one of my own last summer. One of my all time favorite bikes.. knew I would have another YZ125 one day, just had to find the right one. Brought it up to Joe's for him to try it but he jacked up his leg and couldn't ride.
Agent717
2/4/2021 8:12am
RiverockMX wrote:
Cool to see the bike progression Tyler! I jumped on the bandwagon and built one of my own last summer. One of my all time favorite...
Cool to see the bike progression Tyler! I jumped on the bandwagon and built one of my own last summer. One of my all time favorite bikes.. knew I would have another YZ125 one day, just had to find the right one. Brought it up to Joe's for him to try it but he jacked up his leg and couldn't ride.
Rad! Man I miss Joe’s place. Such a hidden gem!
Someday we’ll get back that way.
Agent717
2/4/2021 8:14am
Motor together. Just need to cerakote a few little bits.

The Shop

Agent717
4/5/2021 7:47pm
denny2424 wrote:
Looks great, any new progress?
Thanks! Yep finished it up for the most part. I really wanted to go with a different color scheme but that will have to wait until I can get some stuff shipped from Japan 🤪. The 144 gave it a little more bottom and a bunch more mid. Now I just have to find some more time to ride.

4/6/2021 9:28am
Pipe didn't look like that after the first ride Grinning but does make me want one of those buffing wheels! I'm bad at documenting builds, more of a before 'n after haha. Love these bikes, nice job man!!
Agent717
4/8/2021 2:35pm
RiverockMX wrote:
Pipe didn't look like that after the first ride :lol: but does make me want one of those buffing wheels! I'm bad at documenting builds, more...
Pipe didn't look like that after the first ride Grinning but does make me want one of those buffing wheels! I'm bad at documenting builds, more of a before 'n after haha. Love these bikes, nice job man!!
A little scotchbrite and she's back to new after every ride Wink . Got any pics of your new 125? Hope Joe has healed up!
Camp332
4/9/2021 8:44am
Nice, Agent717! Looks nice with that scotch brite wheel work.

Refresh my memory, what front brake did you use again?

I'm riding my 04, and that stock front brake has me nervous even after rebuilding the master cylinder.
4/9/2021 10:21am
RiverockMX wrote:
Pipe didn't look like that after the first ride :lol: but does make me want one of those buffing wheels! I'm bad at documenting builds, more...
Agent717 wrote:
A little scotchbrite and she's back to new after every ride Wink . Got any pics of your new 125? Hope Joe has healed up!
Joe's healed up but been real quiet lately. I intended to post up a semi-build thread but been recovering from a shoulder injury/surgery so been distracted Sideways Lots into the build and continuing to add pieces so hopefully have something worthwhile to show soon.
POLAK
5/11/2021 11:16am
denny2424 wrote:
Agent717 wrote:
Thanks! Yep finished it up for the most part. I really wanted to go with a different color scheme but that will have to wait until...
Thanks! Yep finished it up for the most part. I really wanted to go with a different color scheme but that will have to wait until I can get some stuff shipped from Japan 🤪. The 144 gave it a little more bottom and a bunch more mid. Now I just have to find some more time to ride.

Hi!
The frame protector on the picture fits on the steel frame because it's the basic one for the aluminium frame ?
Thanks to you Wink nice bike
Agent717
5/11/2021 11:26am
denny2424 wrote:
Agent717 wrote:
Thanks! Yep finished it up for the most part. I really wanted to go with a different color scheme but that will have to wait until...

POLAK wrote:
Hi! The frame protector on the picture fits on the steel frame because it's the basic one for the aluminium frame ? Thanks to you ;)...
Hi!
The frame protector on the picture fits on the steel frame because it's the basic one for the aluminium frame ?
Thanks to you Wink nice bike
Thanks!

Yep. You can make the newer style protectors fit with a little cutting, heat gun, and a couple extra zip ties.

Post a reply to: 2004 YZ125 Build (Round 2)

The Latest