2004 CR125 with 97 motor swap

Related:
Create New Tag

12/13/2017 7:23 PM

Here’s the beginning stages of my next build. Picked this mint CR125 for cheap and started grabbing goodies for it online. Here’s what’s going on it so far: PC pipe/silencer/clamps and 97 CR125 motor. I’ve ridden it a few times and the bike handles so good even with bone stock suspension. Can’t wait to feel the new motor once it’s in. Will post pics along the wayPhoto

Photo

Photo

|

12/13/2017 7:30 PM

Very nice ! Love my 95 steel frame and had an 03 that did everything great but the motor just didn't have the same snap and felt anemic so i sold it. Look forward to a build Photo

|

12/13/2017 8:58 PM

braaap707 wrote:

Very nice ! Love my 95 steel frame and had an 03 that did everything great but the motor just didn't have the same snap and felt anemic so i sold it. Look forward to a build Photo

Sweet I love the steel frames

|

12/13/2017 9:07 PM

cclay47 wrote:

Here’s the beginning stages of my next build. Picked this mint CR125 for cheap and started grabbing goodies for it online. Here’s what’s going on it so far: PC pipe/silencer/clamps and 97 CR125 motor. I’ve ridden it a few times and the bike handles so good even with bone stock suspension. Can’t wait to feel the new motor once it’s in. Will post pics along the wayPhoto

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

12/13/2017 10:10 PM

Looking forward to hearing this thing rip.

|

2/15/2018 9:45 PM

I haven’t done too much with the bike lately but I sold the red PC clamps and bought 2010 CRF250R Suspension with matching silver PC clamps to update the Suspension. I also found a trick ignition cover and stinger tip R304 shorty. Can’t wait to get it together to ride!

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

5/10/2018 10:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/10/2018 10:32 PM

So haven’t done the motor swap yet, but going to let a friend race the bike at Hangtown 125 race. I put the forks and shock from my CR250 on it to handle the rough outdoors Photo Photo Photo

|

5/14/2018 7:22 AM

Remote bladder fill pretty fancy. Looks like a solid start!

|

5/24/2018 1:30 PM

Where did you manage to find that shock? I've searching for an old style kit shock for well over a year with no success. Did you snatch those pc clamps from craigslist inland empire? if yes, you beat me to it.

|

5/24/2018 2:42 PM

brycepdh wrote:

Where did you manage to find that shock? I've searching for an old style kit shock for well over a year with no success. Did you snatch those pc clamps from craigslist inland empire? if yes, you beat me to it.

I bought the shock off of the bazar recently. The red clamps I got from Facebook market place but did see the couple sets of red pc clamps on so cal Craigslist around Christmas time, not sure if that’s the post your referring to.

|

6/6/2018 11:43 PM

cclay47 wrote:

Photo

Photo

Sold the bike the other day. I still have the 97 motor to build and looking for 95-97 CR125 project next! Let me know if any cherry ones out there!

|