2004 CR125

dylanv21
2/3/2018 7:38pm
Figured I need some cool sprocket bolts?..

Titanium rainbow ones from Flo!

Rickyisms
2/5/2018 10:29am
Make sure you torque them properly?

Bike is coming along great. I wish i would've kept my 06 and redone it.
dylanv21
2/17/2018 10:04am
Not much going on here. I’m not back to work yet so getting tight on money.

Still need to mount tires to my wheels and then it will atleast be a roller. From there, I will pry have the motor done in March or April once I’m back to work!

The Shop

dylanv21
4/10/2018 10:03am
Finally alittle update! Been crazy over here. Finally back to work, but I had to buy a new truck as I got in an accident so that’s been taking up a lot of my time. Also finishing up my last semester at Fresno State so that’s been taking up some time too. Once I graduate in a month, I hope I can get this thing done not too long after that!

Doc says I can ride in about 4 months too, so pretty pumped on that.

As far as the bike, it’s finally into a roller. Next step is to get all my Galfer brake rotors, pads, and lines.

Still trying to figure out what I want to do with the motor. Been thinking about putting a different year motor in the 04 frame to get rid of the cable power valve. What are your guys opinions on the best year for a cr125 motor?

cclay47
4/10/2018 10:45am
I got a 97 CR125 motor for my 2004. It’s a very easy swap. Engine mountd line up perfectly, the 04 engine mounts bolts are slightly larger diameter so cases need to be milled out to accommodate the engine mount bolts. The 1990-1999 hpp motors are killer.
dylanv21
4/29/2018 1:18pm
If anyone has one of these and want to sell! Let me know, pretty much after any HRC billet accessories.. The front brake master cylinder is the hardest to find though..

dylanv21
5/10/2018 8:49pm
Oh look another piece to the puzzle, lol! Going slower then I wanted but I still have a few months until I can ride so just gathering the pieces slowly to finish it in the coming months.

eBay score! Basically brand new raptor pegs!
dylanv21
7/7/2018 9:00pm
Taking longer then I wanted, but came into some money after selling some stuff. And I’m cleared to ride the 20th of this month, so this bike will be getting some serious attention and get it finished up!

Motor is completely apart, being a new Oem crank, main bearings, seals, etc in it. And then going to send the cylinder off to Millennium and have it fixed and bored to an over size piston. And I will be placing an order with my WPS rep to get the rest of my motor parts.

Plan is for a big bore, stock crank, full Hinson clutch, v force reeds, possibly a lectron carb, with a Bud Racing pipe and silencer!

With the motor apart and the cylinder getting ready to be sent off and waiting for everything else, I am cleaning up the center cases and will have the right side cover, clutch cover, water pump, and ignition cover cerakoted!

Here’s the cases before cleaning.

JM485
7/8/2018 7:15pm
Before you commit to a big bore, I'd definitely recommend riding one. I rode a cr134, and to be honest I hated it. The bike fell on its face way to early, and I just couldn't get the hang of riding it, but I don't know how well the motor was built and tuned.

I actually just took my 04 out today for the first time in years and it was fun!!! I ended up putting the keihen carb on and the newer air boot, and the bike definitely performed a lot better. The power band is still narrow and it's not easy to go fast, but it's so much better than it was. You aren't going to compete with the new KTM/huskys no matter what you do, but the improvement is absolutely noticeable.

I have a little bit of a parts hord for these things since I was planning on piecing together a motor with parts from the best years, but I ended up deciding against it. DM me if you'd be interested in it, since you're only down in Fresno maybe we can arrange a spot to meet and pick up the parts.
dylanv21
7/9/2018 11:08am
JM485 wrote:
Before you commit to a big bore, I'd definitely recommend riding one. I rode a cr134, and to be honest I hated it. The bike fell...
Before you commit to a big bore, I'd definitely recommend riding one. I rode a cr134, and to be honest I hated it. The bike fell on its face way to early, and I just couldn't get the hang of riding it, but I don't know how well the motor was built and tuned.

I actually just took my 04 out today for the first time in years and it was fun!!! I ended up putting the keihen carb on and the newer air boot, and the bike definitely performed a lot better. The power band is still narrow and it's not easy to go fast, but it's so much better than it was. You aren't going to compete with the new KTM/huskys no matter what you do, but the improvement is absolutely noticeable.

I have a little bit of a parts hord for these things since I was planning on piecing together a motor with parts from the best years, but I ended up deciding against it. DM me if you'd be interested in it, since you're only down in Fresno maybe we can arrange a spot to meet and pick up the parts.
Shoot me a text, maybe you got some stuff I need.... 559-301-7491
Jake125
7/9/2018 1:23pm
Good stuff man, I recently picked up a 2002 CR125, needs alot, but I'm in the last phases of getting it back together! Need a few more parts and she'll be up and running soon!
dylanv21
7/12/2018 8:33pm
So started on the center cases, starting to get somewhere. But still a ways to go on them!

With the center cases started; the right side cover, the clutch cover, water pump cover, ignition cover, and power valve covers are all at the cerakoter getting som magic done! Supposed to be able to pick those up next week.

Still waiting on my piston to come in, to send off the cylinder to get fixed and bored.

dylanv21
7/12/2018 8:35pm
Got a new suprise from the boys over at Galfer today as well!! Rotors, lines, and pads...

Jrewing
7/13/2018 3:49am
JM485 wrote:
Before you commit to a big bore, I'd definitely recommend riding one. I rode a cr134, and to be honest I hated it. The bike fell...

Do the math and build it right and you can have any powerband you want.
dylanv21
7/23/2018 8:51pm
Got all my Galfer stuff on.. Looks bitching! Lines, rotors, and pads all on.

dylanv21
7/23/2018 8:56pm
Cylinder and piston got sent out to Millennium Technologies to get fixed and bored.

Mean while, I received the rest of my parts. New OEM crank, gaskets, seals, and bearings. Full Hinson clutch set up. V force 3 reeds. +2 Wiseco racers choice piston.
dylanv21
8/8/2018 10:28pm
Quick update...

Bottom end of the motor is back together! Just waiting on the cylinder and piston to get back from millennium and that will finish off the motor.

Besides the motor, added a light speed carbon disc guard. Looks bitching on there. And had a buddy make up a bracket for a Honda stabilizer I had laying around!!

dylanv21
8/15/2018 10:28pm
Got my radiators back today, a buddy owns a radiator shop and made up some bracing for them.

Waiting on Millennium for my cylinder. Should be back any time.

dylanv21
8/29/2018 8:16pm
Got my pipe the other day. Went with the Bud Racing pipe. Wanted a raw header with a carbon pipe. Thing looks amazing! Hopefully it performs as good as it looks!

Then my cylinder showed up after that and got it to my motor builder. Was able to pick it up today! And had some time today so got it in the frame!

dylanv21
9/2/2018 9:38pm
So I got the bike running but the power valve is not moving at all once hooked up to the cables and servo. By itself, it’s free as can be. But once hooked up it will only move if you physically move the power valve or servo motor with you fingers. When the bike is running, it will run and idle fine. I can get even get it into the higher gears and what not, but no movement from the power valve/servo.. I pulled the servo motor apart to check the gears inside, they all look fine. Even tried started the bike without the cables hooked to the power valve and the servo will still not turn. At this point I’m thinking the Cdi or something may not be throwing it a signal to activate it once in the higher rpms.

If anyone has any ideas of what may be going, please let me know with any advice! Aside from that, if I can’t fix it within the coming days, the whole bike is going to who built the motor to see if he can figure it out.

Sucks, I’m so ready to ride it!! Sad
bbtr_736
9/3/2018 5:52pm
LOOKS AMAZING GREAT BUILD. HOPE THE KNEE IS COMING ALONG WELL. I HAVE HAD 4 KNEE RECONSTRUCTIONS NOW AND ONLY 31, COULD I ASK WHERE ARE YOU FINDING ALL THE HRC PARTS?
dylanv21
9/4/2018 12:09pm
bbtr_736 wrote:
LOOKS AMAZING GREAT BUILD. HOPE THE KNEE IS COMING ALONG WELL. I HAVE HAD 4 KNEE RECONSTRUCTIONS NOW AND ONLY 31, COULD I ASK WHERE ARE...
LOOKS AMAZING GREAT BUILD. HOPE THE KNEE IS COMING ALONG WELL. I HAVE HAD 4 KNEE RECONSTRUCTIONS NOW AND ONLY 31, COULD I ASK WHERE ARE YOU FINDING ALL THE HRC PARTS?
Honda used to make them a few years back. I think some items were made until this last year... You can find the part numbers for them on the Honda Motorcycle Accessories site. Search ebay or amazong and you should still be able to get them!!
Flowdaddy
9/6/2018 12:54pm
bbtr_736 wrote:
LOOKS AMAZING GREAT BUILD. HOPE THE KNEE IS COMING ALONG WELL. I HAVE HAD 4 KNEE RECONSTRUCTIONS NOW AND ONLY 31, COULD I ASK WHERE ARE...
dylanv21 wrote:
Honda used to make them a few years back. I think some items were made until this last year... You can find the part numbers for...
Honda used to make them a few years back. I think some items were made until this last year... You can find the part numbers for them on the Honda Motorcycle Accessories site. Search ebay or amazong and you should still be able to get them!!
You happen to have a link for that? Can only find 2010 and newer parts on Honda's website.
dylanv21
9/8/2018 4:03pm
Flowdaddy wrote:
You happen to have a link for that? Can only find 2010 and newer parts on Honda's website.
What are you looking to buy? I can find you the part numbers.
Flowdaddy
9/8/2018 6:01pm
Flowdaddy wrote:
dylanv21 wrote:
What are you looking to buy? I can find you the part numbers.
1-1/8” bar mounts, rear break clevis, brake like bracket like you got, front and rear brake reservoir caps. Thanks a lot!!

Post a reply to: 2004 CR125

The Latest