2003 rm125 build

4/25/2017 11:03pm
This is my first mx build. I got this bike almost two months ago out of Moundsville West Virginia. When I started the search for a bike to build I knew I wanted to go with the rm125. A 2006 in particular, after a month of searching I stumbled upon this bike seemed liked a decent bike in the picrures it was listed as a 2006 and for a decent price.  So I waited a while longer couldn't find anything that seemed better went and checked it out the guy said it only had about 8-10 hours on the top and bottom end. Bike was a little more clapped out than it seemed in the pictures But it was still solid so i took his word on the motor hours and went ahead and gave him what he was asking for since I was going to over haul the bike anyways wasn't to worried about the apperance to much. Of course he didnt have the title though. I took the bike home changed fluids took the bike for a ride. The bike wouldn't idle or hold gas in the carb. I took it home started to tear it down and get it ready for all the new parts I was going to order. I didn't bust open the motor and inspect like I should have, I just figured I carb rebuild would be enough to make it run like it was supposed to. After about a month of waiting for most of my shiny parts and got my carb rebuilt. I decided to put the bike together enough to ride the first day of spring with my buddies. About 2 hours into the ride I start blowing smoke and excessive oil out my exhaust. At that point I knew I had blown a crank seal and just limped it back home. Last week I pulled the motor out found out in fact it wasn't a 2006 it was a 2003. I contacted RBM motorsports about engine services. I shipped my motor off yesterday for a complete top and bottom rebuild. I am expecting the motor back in about a month. next step is fork and rear shock rebuild. I have decided to send my suspension off to factory connections, while I a wait for my motor. This was no budget build I'm $4300 deep and still digging but
This as far as I have gotten I hope you guys enjoy. I will keep progress poseted here are some pictures.

|
mikejones202
Fantasy
3161st
4/26/2017 12:36pm
Where did you get the wheels from?
4/26/2017 12:49pm
They are just a cheap wheelset from ebay but they are 7050T6 aluminam rims with 6061T6 cnc hubs with stainless spokes I figured i would give them
A shot

Post a reply to: 2003 rm125 build

The Latest