2003 rm 134 build

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2018 6:12 PM

Picked up two rm 125s that were corroding away in a barn. 1 was kind of a rolling chassis and the other was a frame and front forks, all the rest of the parts were 2 motors half way torn apart and parts in boxes.
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

7/22/2018 6:49 PM

decided to use the yellow frame because it was an 03 and so was the more usable engine block.
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

The tab was off so I cut it off and welded it back properly. Both the foot pegs pins were bent and impossible to get out so I had to cut the pegs off the frame. My buddy sand blasted it and Powdered it what he calls denali black. I also restored one of the swingarms by hand sanding which is not for the impatient...took a long time but was worth it. Of course replaced all of the swingarm and linkage bearings.
Photo


Photo

|

7/25/2018 8:19 AM

had the hubs turned down and laced the wheels up Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Tore the engine down and replaced every bearing, went through the transmission that was missing washers, replaced the crank and had the cylinder re-plated and bored out to a 134. Both the valves were broken so I bought new ones(TOO expensive). Also had the head fixed. and pic doesnt show it but I gently filed the clutch basket to get rid of the grooving. Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo


|

7/25/2018 8:28 AM

Both the carburetors I got with the bike needed a new slide and in the process of finding one i ended up getting a good deal on a new whole carb that they set up for my plans with the bike Photo

|