That is a sweet build man! So its a 144? How does it ride on the track? smile

|

4/18/2018 2:15 PM

This is one sweet build!

I need a 125 in my life.

|

4/18/2018 6:08 PM

BobPA wrote:

FINALLY got my cylinder back. Set the exhaust on. The mounts for the expansion chamber will not be too bad to fab (bike is an 03 and pipe is only made for an '04). As you can see the silencer will need some work to get perfect. But, it does not appear to be a terribly difficult job. Engine will go together this week....Hopefully have the bike ready by the end of the month.

Photo

Photo

Photo

That pipe (and bike) is sexy AF!
Nice!!

|

4/19/2018 11:36 AM

queen of spodes wrote:

Just picked up a 07 KX250 and wondered what do do with it. Your build thread inspires me. Love the gold rims, green frame, and the blue seat cover. Bike pops.

BobPA wrote:

Thanks man. Blue seat is an eBay special haha

queen of spodes wrote:

chicka here wink

Were the sides of that ebay seat cover long enough to accept tall foam?

You can see in a few earlier pictures how the the sides were. You should be able to get a bit of added foam under it.

Thanks Ledger....Get your together already man, it has been a longer project than mine.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

4/19/2018 11:48 AM

burn1986 wrote:

That is a sweet build man! So its a 144? How does it ride on the track? smile

Thanks for the compliments guys, it is slowly getting there. It ran descent last year, but was flat on top. I was not overly impressed with Eric Gorr's port work.

JBecker I noticed you said you ride Breezewood once in a while. June 1-3 a whole pile of us will be riding there for the weekend. you are welcome to take it for a ride.

|

5/1/2018 7:43 PM

Just about done. Need to finish the exhaust and give her a final once over...cannot wait.

Photo

|

5/2/2018 9:46 AM

BobPA wrote:

Just about done. Need to finish the exhaust and give her a final once over...cannot wait.

Photo

sick. Love your gold rims and cone pipe, bike looks amazing.

|

Ride like a girl!!!
2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Current project #2: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1 rider/racer resto
1989 KX125 resto
1987 RM250 resto

5/8/2018 7:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2018 7:39 PM

So I finally got some time to build my pipe mounts. The pipe itself would not fit correctly in its as shipped form. I had to rip on it pretty good in the vise to allow adequate clearance on the bike....and so the pipe would sit square on the exhaust flange. I now have to make a bit of clearence on the kicker. Silencer should be tack welded together tomorrow night...getting close.

Photo Photo Photo Photo

|

5/9/2018 8:36 AM

BobPA wrote:

So I finally got some time to build my pipe mounts. The pipe itself would not fit correctly in its as shipped form. I had to rip on it pretty good in the vise to allow adequate clearance on the bike....and so the pipe would sit square on the exhaust flange. I now have to make a bit of clearence on the kicker. Silencer should be tack welded together tomorrow night...getting close.

Photo Photo Photo Photo

I love the look of scalvini cone pipes! Too bad they fit so bad from the factory. I had the same issues with mine.

|

5/17/2018 1:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/17/2018 1:26 AM

Fire that mutha up Bob !!

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

5/17/2018 1:29 AM

BobPA wrote:

Photo

You missed a spot, lol.

|

5/17/2018 9:08 AM

BobPA wrote:

Photo

ledger wrote:

You missed a spot, lol.

Haha tonight is the night for first start, brought a half gallon of race fuel to see where it stands. Another half inch of rain Saturday is really putting a damper on the break in time...PA has really been sucking in the weather department.

|

5/17/2018 10:23 AM

BobPA wrote:

Photo

ledger wrote:

You missed a spot, lol.

BobPA wrote:

Haha tonight is the night for first start, brought a half gallon of race fuel to see where it stands. Another half inch of rain Saturday is really putting a damper on the break in time...PA has really been sucking in the weather department.

NC lets go

|

5/19/2018 5:29 AM

LOOKS GREAT!!!

|

5/19/2018 7:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2018 8:04 AM

Updated pipe mounts and all that. Had the pipe on and off over over 20 times trying to get clearence on everything. Ended up needing a factory dinger to clear the kicker and subframe correctly.

Due to the silencer being dirty aluminum and my inferior welding skills I cannibalized my Bud racing mount from my 250. It’s a temporary setup as I have plans to have a nice mount welded soon.

Started third kick and I got a heat cycle on it. PA weather has haulted riding for the last well and a half or so...

Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo

|

5/23/2018 7:41 PM

Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo
|

5/23/2018 10:50 PM

Nice work Bob! She looks great. I love the stinger tip on the silencer. I feel like that’s a must for 125’s

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

5/24/2018 1:48 AM

Agree with matty, bike looks great. You took your time and did justice to the bike. I know the engine was operated on by the right guy, so I'll be on standby for the report. I kinda hate you a little bit but I'll get over it, lol. Props to you!!

|

5/24/2018 6:38 AM

ledger wrote:

Agree with matty, bike looks great. You took your time and did justice to the bike. I know the engine was operated on by the right guy, so I'll be on standby for the report. I kinda hate you a little bit but I'll get over it, lol. Props to you!!

Special thanks to this guy right here ^^^. Probably the the most stand up guy there is on the boards. Without him I’d be lacking a bunch of titanium trickery....

@mattyhamz : Thanks man. I really wish I was able to fab the aluminum bracket in time, instead of using a bracket for the silencer. I bought a Bud racing carbon setup for the bike too. Sometime in the future I will put the carbon one on and make the correct clean mount for the silencer...My aluminum welding, especially on dirty alloy, could use some practice...

|

5/24/2018 6:51 AM

BobPA wrote: Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo

Love this bar bend on kawi. She going to miles Sunday

|

5/24/2018 6:24 PM

DTR830 wrote:

I’ve got the same bars on both my Kawi’s....Miles is a go...weather providing.

|

5/25/2018 2:41 PM

ledger wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Special thanks to this guy right here ^^^. Probably the the most stand up guy there is on the boards. Without him I’d be lacking a bunch of titanium trickery....

@mattyhamz : Thanks man. I really wish I was able to fab the aluminum bracket in time, instead of using a bracket for the silencer. I bought a Bud racing carbon setup for the bike too. Sometime in the future I will put the carbon one on and make the correct clean mount for the silencer...My aluminum welding, especially on dirty alloy, could use some practice...

Thanks Bob, appreciate that, Kinda a bummer that "one particular bolt" didn't fit. Keep us informed on the maiden voyage!!

|

7/11/2018 7:47 PM

Little action shot from about 2 hours ago. All is well...and no broken parts yet.

Photo

|

7/11/2018 9:48 PM

BobPA wrote:

Little action shot from about 2 hours ago. All is well...and no broken parts yet.

Photo

diamond.?

|

7/12/2018 6:10 AM

DTR830 wrote:

diamond.?

Steele's. Diamond is a muddy mess. Apparently the storms missed Steele's as it was a dust bowl.

|

7/12/2018 6:13 AM

Awesome build man. I'm super jealous. Its a great looking bike.

|

7/13/2018 1:34 PM

Donovan759 wrote:

Awesome build man. I'm super jealous. Its a great looking bike.

Thanks man.

|

7/13/2018 3:43 PM

Well done, always a soft spot for KX 125s.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

7/19/2018 9:22 AM

This bike is now for sale.....

|

6/1/2020 10:48 AM

BobPA wrote: Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo

DTR830 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

I’ve got the same bars on both my Kawi’s....Miles is a go...weather providing.

What bar bend did you guys use on your KX's? I'm looking for a better bend for my 03 KX250 and looking at a 03 KX125 right now

|