2002 rm125 school project (lots of pictures)

Related:
Create New Tag

3/24/2021 3:08 PM

soggy wrote:

Looks pretty bitchin so far

Thanks man! When I was putting on the plastics today I was like dang this thing looks sick!

|

5/9/2021 12:29 PM

Photo
powder coated the pegs matte black and then the spring and pin ink black
|

5/12/2021 1:17 PM

Got the rear wheel laced up yesterday and then today when I was putting on the tire I pinched the tube👎Photo

|

5/25/2021 10:21 PM

Finally got some blue radiator hoses.Photo

|

5/26/2021 11:30 AM

I was putting in the fresh clutch and I realized I need to get an oring for the clutch cover.Photo
There’s just a couple more parts I need and graphics then the bike will be complete!

|

5/30/2021 6:34 PM

Not sure if I ever updated on here what I did with the front spokes but they’re on back order till June so I decided to use a scotch brite wheel and shine up the old ones which took hours. Then I was lacing up the front wheel today and realized I was missing 10 spokes. I found them in the work bench drawer but I don’t have anymore scotch brite wheels so have to order some. Photo
The ones on the right are the before and the left is after. Ik they aren’t perfect but looks better than before.

|

5/31/2021 7:10 AM

I just put the spoke in my drill and used scotchbrite and metal polish. It dont believe it took longer than 15 mins.

|

6/6/2021 8:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2021 8:21 AM

timobijnen84 wrote:

I just put the spoke in my drill and used scotchbrite and metal polish. It dont believe it took longer than 15 mins.

I tried doing it with a drill and scotchbrite but it wasn’t working that well. idk how I didn’t think to use polish. lol

|

6/6/2021 4:41 PM

Spokes look good. I have to do this as well because I can’t find new complete wheels anywhere.

|

6/7/2021 8:06 AM

I also built up and rode a 2002 for multiple seasons.

Your pics made me think of something......the rad hose behind your head pipe, add a layer of protection there. My pipe burnt a hole in the hose and I had coolant all over the place silly

I cut a piece of an old hose and wedged it between pipe and new hose....it lasted.

Have fun man!

|

2016 Husky FC 250
2020 CRF 110

6/8/2021 6:25 AM

BToz wrote:

Spokes look good. I have to do this as well because I can’t find new complete wheels anywhere.

Thanks. Yeah everything seems to be out of stock or on back order.

|

6/8/2021 6:26 AM

K-dubbb wrote:

I also built up and rode a 2002 for multiple seasons.

Your pics made me think of something......the rad hose behind your ...more

I’ll look at doing that today. Thanks

|

6/10/2021 4:14 PM

Finally finished the wheels today!
Photo

|

6/17/2021 7:53 PM

Got some sweet DirtTricks sprockets! Photo

|

7/3/2021 11:31 AM

Motocal graphics came in last night. Excited to get these fitted on the bike!Photo

|

7/20/2021 2:57 PM

I had sprayed the clutch cover with a truck bed liner but when I was putting the engine in the frame it chipped off. I knew it wasn’t gonna hold up very well but I was hoping a little better than that. So this time I sand blasted the clutch cover and then sprayed it so hopefully that will help it stick better?
Photo

And then here’s a cool pic of the DirtTricks sprocket and firepower chain Photo

|

8/23/2021 3:30 PM

The bike is 99% complete. I ordered a tusk gas cap because the gas cap the Clarke tank came with started to split apart on the seam. Turns out Clarke gas tanks use a different size cap than the oem tank so I need to find one that will fit. Photo

|

9/19/2021 10:11 AM

This little piece broke off the master cylinder but the other day I was picking up a new bike and the guy had an old kx sitting in his garage and he let me take the master cylinder off of it for 20 bucks so hopefully it will work on this bike. Photo
The front spokes actually started rusting awhile ago but the new ones finally came in after being on back order for 9 months.Photo
I also realized the front rotor is bent so I was planning on just getting a new stock size rotor but I forgot it has an oversized setup right now so I just ordered a new oversized one.

|

11/22/2021 3:16 PM

Turns out they sent me the wrong spokes and I had to return them. I just went ahead and put the old rusty spikes back on. I did get a new oversized front brake set up though. Photo
Can’t really even tell the spokes are rusty from far away

|

11/22/2021 3:19 PM

I’ve noticed there was some oil leaking from the engine but I haven’t figured out exactly where it’s coming from. I also have to bleed the brakes and then the bike will be done.

|

1/4/2022 9:52 AM

So the bike is done but I can’t get the rear brake to work correctly. I rebuilt the caliper and it’s a new brake line and put fresh fluid In. The piston will only push out and lock up but won’t retract. I’ve taken apart the whole brake system and made sure it was all cleaned out and nothing was clogged but it still isn’t working. Does anyone know what is causing this?
Photo

|

1/4/2022 2:38 PM

Apply the brake and let off, while the brake is stuck on, crack bleeder screw loose to release hydraulic pressure. If it lets off then your caliper is fine and issue is in master cylinder/hose. If it stays stuck then you have a caliper issue like piston/seal/slide.

|

1/5/2022 10:11 AM

BToz wrote:

Apply the brake and let off, while the brake is stuck on, crack bleeder screw loose to release hydraulic pressure. If it lets ...more

Ok thanks! I did that yesterday and the piston was still locked up so I guess I didn’t catch something when I had the caliper apart.

|

1/6/2022 10:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2022 10:39 PM

So I need a new seal in the caliper. Ig when I put the piston in after rebuilding it pinched the seal and ripped a little piece off.

|

1/6/2022 10:21 AM

Photo
|