2002 RM125

Edited Date/Time 10/9/2019 1:24pm
Got this damaged 2002 RM125 a month ago or so, according to the previous owner it had been hit by a car... Don't ask. They bought it in July and had barely used it... Had some pretty cool parts and a nice blue frame.

Did this on a budget and limited space so tried to use as much as I could, needed a new waterpump cover (tip was cracked), hoses (torn) expansion chamber, clutch cover (smashed to bits) and new footpegs (right one was badly bent). Little things too like new carb hoses, sprocket circlip etc... not a problem! When I started taking things off I noticed it has a KTM silencer (?) Which oddly enough bolts straight up no problem...

The seat was also screwed, the previous owner had drilled straight through the top of the seat into the rear fender. The foam was completely ruined. So I ordered an aftermarket seat as I couldn't find an OEM replacement anywhere.

|
10/6/2019 4:00am
With the clutch basket exposed I couldn't wash the bike or anything so had to wait for new parts to arrive. Looks pretty good with new bits on it. Boyesen cover, AS3 waterpump cover and hoses and a new DEP expansion chamber. Still waiting on new pegs (DRC).

Filled the bike with oil and Castor 927, didn't start at first. Swapped the plug for a new NGK and voila! She running (like crap, of course). Also used some parts from my old KXF (ODI bars and ARC perch and memlon lever.

New footpegs arrived, decided to also put new pins and springs (OEM).

Then I was finally able to give the bike a good clean, and I cleaned up the swingarm and engine case with some de-greaser as they were covered in muck.

10/6/2019 4:08am Edited Date/Time 10/6/2019 4:26am
I decided to go with the Polisport restyle kit, at the time I wanted it but I'm not sure if I made the right decision a month later.

Scrub designs in Slovakia did a nice design for me for the graphics. The cuts were incredible and super easy to install.

Here's the bike as it stands, waiting on some smaller bits such as OEM case saver, billet throttle tube and some brake pads and discs. I plan on getting the suspension serviced, new piston and rings and get the wheels refurbished. I didn't apply the fork guard graphics as I want to put them on new fork guards. I have a new seat cover too but haven't had a chance to put it on.

Thanks for looking!

10/7/2019 11:35am
I decided to go with the Polisport restyle kit, at the time I wanted it but I'm not sure if I made the right decision a...
I decided to go with the Polisport restyle kit, at the time I wanted it but I'm not sure if I made the right decision a month later.

Scrub designs in Slovakia did a nice design for me for the graphics. The cuts were incredible and super easy to install.

Here's the bike as it stands, waiting on some smaller bits such as OEM case saver, billet throttle tube and some brake pads and discs. I plan on getting the suspension serviced, new piston and rings and get the wheels refurbished. I didn't apply the fork guard graphics as I want to put them on new fork guards. I have a new seat cover too but haven't had a chance to put it on.

Thanks for looking!

Bikes looking great! Is that a 2001 swingarm?

The Shop

10/9/2019 3:01am
I decided to go with the Polisport restyle kit, at the time I wanted it but I'm not sure if I made the right decision a...

Thanks for looking!

toold&slow wrote:
I'm not sure, could very well be! How would I be able to tell?
10/9/2019 11:08am

Thanks for looking!

toold&slow wrote:
2002 onwards are tapered
10/9/2019 11:53am
Bruce372 wrote:
Make sure you run the expensive OEM spark plug
I'll be getting one next month, I've heard horror stories about cheap ones rattling loose and damaging the cylinder.
10/9/2019 1:24pm
toold&slow wrote:
toold&slow wrote:
2002 onwards are tapered
You are correct sir! Checked my numbers it's a 2002 alright, but has a 2001 swingarm. Peculiar.

Post a reply to: 2002 RM125

The Latest