2001 cr250 restoration

Mocaby_24
Edited Date/Time 11/17/2018 5:22pm
I bought it for $1500 about 2 weeks ago and it seems pretty good. Ran good but had a leak from the insulator on the carb I believe (cracks in the neck) but ran great other wise with no engine noise or racket. I dont think anyone ever washed it or took care of it but mainly dirty and miss matches bolts and pieces.
I've got it stripped down and its cleaning up pretty good. Here soon I'm gonna be ordering parts and bearings for it to put it all back together.
Also looking for a swingarm for it if anyone has one that's not janked or $400 lol.
If anyone has any tips or mods I should to to make it better let me know I plan on making this bike very clean and right.

|
Action69
9/25/2018 10:51pm
Nice find .im doing a light resto/mod on an 01 as well.I have an 01 roller if you need the swing arm I have it.

The Shop

Mocaby_24
11/17/2018 5:22pm
Update- so far I've been working on it when I can between work and everything else and going a peice at a time.

It's been going slow but I'm almost done with restoring all the aluminum pieces. I've ordered all new bearings for everything so I can start putting it together. Along with 2 Bolt kits for it so just about everything is going to get new bolts and hardware. I'm gonna end up getting quite a few things cerakoted including case covers, brake calipers and such. It's got a ways to go but slowly but surely it's getting there.

Post a reply to: 2001 cr250 restoration

The Latest