2000 CR250 Polisport Restyle Kit

Edited Date/Time 8/25/2021 12:09am
Hey guys new to the forum. Currently refurbishing my 00 CR250. Looking to fit the 02 CR250 polisport restyle kit with custom made brackets. Note this is not a home garage job I am a fabricator by trade and looking to make this kit fit the 00 as best I can. Just gauging interest on who wants to see the progress once I start? If anyone has any advice please comment 👍
|
vet323
6/9/2021 4:16am
I'd be interested. I have a 2000 CR125 and I've often wondered what kind of fab work would be involved in running that kit.
6/9/2021 6:26am
vet323 wrote:
I'd be interested. I have a 2000 CR125 and I've often wondered what kind of fab work would be involved in running that kit.
I put one on a 2000 cr125. can send pics if interested. I used a 02 and up fuel tank, and airbox. Can use a newer style subframe but the subframe on the 2000 is the same except for the location of the silencer mount. That I cut off and had welded back onto the subframe.

The Shop

6/9/2021 12:01pm
Nice that looks really good. I did read you could use the 02 tank and airbox but I'm fairly confident I can make the kit fit without having to get them. I'm going to make a 1 piece bracket for the tank that bolts into both holes and then weld 6mm threads that match the 02 shrouds.
8/25/2021 12:09am
Sorry for the late update. We are back in lock down now here in New Zealand so I have finally been able to put some solid working hours into the CR.

As you can see the mounting points for the tank are a wee bit off so i'm thinking i'll make a joint bracket from the original holes and weld a 6mm thread onto the bracket and fix it in place with a 6mm nut. That way it should bring the tank shroud up where its supposed to be.

Next part is the side panels. The rear hole lines up! The piece I have circled in green I may have to cut but I will see how the rear mudguard fits before I do that. Bottom side panel hole will need a bracket made so it can be fixed to the subframe. Easy!

Last thing I wanted to add is I'm not to sure how well the air box is sealed, I'm wondering if someone can upload a picture of the 02-07 airbox and how its sealed between airbox, mudguard and side panels?

Post a reply to: 2000 CR250 Polisport Restyle Kit

The Latest