1998 KX125 restoration! (Pic heavy)

Related:
Create New Tag

7/21/2018 9:52 AM

So my very first post her I mentioned I planned on picking up a CR125. Well the kid start acting more and more sketchy like he was anxious to get rid of the bike, like he finally had someone interested enough to buy the bike he’d been trying to get rid of. I could be wrong just the vibe I was getting.

Long story short I found out he lives almost 2 hours away n not just 45 minutes that being said I decided to move on for something else

A day later I found a guy on the “letgo” app selling a 1996 kx125, he had redone the top end messed up something and can’t get the bike to idle....was idling at high rpms.....thanks to the bike gods he only wanted $650 as well.

Went to pick her up and he had yanked the top end, so I didnt get to see the idling problem in person, but I did see receipts for purchased items so I loaded her up n took her home.

Photo

My intentions were to go through the bike pull everything clean it up and assess which components needed to be replaced.....

In the process I discovered the bushing on the end of the throttle cable had broken,probably causing the throttle to stay open

So far I’ve discovered she needs a bolt kit, new spark plug, oil change, oil filter, air box is in working condition but if I can find a new one I’ll take it. Also needs rear brake master cylinder, new grips, and the front engine mounting bracket.

Also looking for local powder coaters.... gonna do the frame, swing arms, and levers.....

Enjoy the pics Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Oh and another kicker....the kids like yea it’s a 96, checked the vin and it’s actually a 98!

|

7/23/2018 9:57 AM

Good luck with the build. There are a good bit of most parts on eBay.

Look on partzilla.com at the parts diagrams and then click on the info for a particular part. It will show what other year models came with that same part, then you have more shipping options.

|

7/25/2018 9:00 AM

Thanks....didn’t kno about partzilla

|