1994 cr250

Related:
Create New Tag

3/24/2018 6:52 PM

Today I picked up a 94 cr250 in pieces (pretty rough) (pictures soon). Motor is in the frame (freshly powder coated), gas tank, carb, airbox, triple clamps are about all that is attached. Previous owner said he had it running but couldn’t get it started this week, he thinks it’s jetting, but I have a feeling it could be reeds. Building on a low budget and basically doing minimal until I can afford more. I have my brothers 1995 cr in the back shed, he doesn’t have any plans for it the next few years, believe he was having transmission issues. But he has some trick parts I can borrow: a ti part or two for looks, lectron carb, vforce reeds. I also have some stuff parts from a 1993. With these 3 different years, is there any certain parts I should try to use (triple clamps, or other things) also is there any trick parts I should look for on eBay?

|

3/29/2018 5:22 AM

The guy I bought it from had 2 triple clamp assemblies. One had a steering stop grounded off for a steering stabilizer, the other has cross- threaded bolts stuck in it. Would I be able to bolt on newer clamps like 96’ and switch to kyb forks? Also the swingarm is in rough shape. Is the 94 swingarm interchangeable with the rest? Photo

|

3/29/2018 5:27 AM

The guy I bought it from had 2 triple clamp assemblies. One had a steering stop grounded off for a steering stabilizer, the other has cross- threaded bolts stuck in it. Would I be able to bolt on newer clamps like 96’ and switch to kyb forks? Also the swingarm is in rough shape. Is the 94 swingarm interchangeable with the rest? Photo

|