1993 Honda CR250 EVO-Race Bike McGrath Replica

Edited Date/Time 4/2/2019 3:12am
Hi everyone! I´m Florian from Germany and I want to share my build with you guys. I have been watching here already a long time and I´m really impressed with some of your builds. Now I thought it time to show you what I been doing.

This is my second CR250 - first one was this ´93 that I rebuild two years ago - McGrath ´96 replica

Third one is a 2001 CR250 - that will be rebuild next - Lusk replica with Woody decals and mild mods but this will be another thread.

Last march I pick up this CR250 in Berlin - main reason was to build an evo race bike to race the local championship. It sat nearly ten years according to the owner. Plastics and overall look is pretty bad, but frame, air box, tank are pretty good shape. Straight radiators, stock silencer, original number plates. No holes drilled in the air box.Smile

Started immediately taking it apart.

Frame was blasted for repainting, motor was taken to nearby shop for complete rebuild. Plastics are gone. Tank and air box were treated to smooth the scratches out and then applied Plastic Renew.
Frame was repainted, because my other steel framed CR was powdercoated and I was not happy with finish. After the first ride big chunks slivered off. Because of that I decided to paint the frame.

Original plan was a complete rebuild McGrath ´93 lookalike with stock screws and so on but the motor rebuild longer than planned I went crazy with the parts....

Complete motor bolt kit Superlite Ti - docwob UK
Multiple other Ti bolts for the chassis/swingarm - docwob and Phil Denton - UK
HRC-Replica exhaust - Mastercross Italy
repacked and rebuild stock silencer
New billet bar mount with Ti bolts - Phil Denton UK
HRC-Replica number plate
HRC-Replica ignition and clutch covers
new kickstarter
HRC-Chain guard
new braided front brake line
new Braking Rotors
wheels rebuild with new rims and 19" rear
new bearings and bushing all around
remove the casting marks on the clamps
Works Connection frame guards

Complete suspension rebuild - fork was good but original shock shaft had some rust spots so I had to look for another one. Found an old shock for an ´94 in good condition for 60€, rebuild that one and we are good to go.

I ordered pretty early last year at EVO-MX new graphics and was lucky that back than they still could sale Honda stuff.

The motor was pretty beaten especially the gearbox so I had search for new gears NOS. Luckily I found some NOS gears for the mainshaft in Italy. Intake was toast so we had to take Boyesen Rad valve route. Top end and bottom end were rebuild with Wiseco crank, Vertex piston and cylinder honed. The carb was rebuild and send to a shop for some mods. In December I started building but had to move garage and everything had to wait.Shocked till two weeks ago. Right now this is what we have:

Yesterday I mounted the shock,swingarm, linkage and renewed the brakes. Photos will be following...

|
jmc2
Fantasy
1626th
2/8/2019 6:23pm
Nice work, great looking bikes
SLOWTIME
2/9/2019 6:30am
Would you be interested in selling the mxa seat cover?
2/10/2019 11:12pm
SLOWTIME wrote:
Would you be interested in selling the mxa seat cover?
Hey Slowtime,
I had two of these but they are already sold. Sorry.

The Shop

SLOWTIME
2/11/2019 4:16pm
No worries, thanks for the reply, and good luck with the build!
sandman768
3/29/2019 5:06am
Never enough steel framed Honda “s ! Great job!
4/2/2019 3:12am
Put on the graphics and the final touches before the first ride....

And added some more TI goodies....

Post a reply to: 1993 Honda CR250 EVO-Race Bike McGrath Replica

The Latest