1992 YZ125 full restore

Related:
Create New Tag

7/17/2019 9:26 PM

I began this build in January and finished this past May. Although it wasn't the best bike of that year in the 125 class, I chose it because I rode a 1991 YZ250 in my teens and really enjoyed that bike. Although roached out, everything was in good, restorable, condition. Frame wasn't dented or bent, motor was strong, wheels were in solid shape, stock pipe and silencer in good shape, etc.

It now resides in my living room as a conversation piece.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

7/18/2019 6:33 AM

Sweet !

|

7/18/2019 1:56 PM

Nice! Where did you buy the graphics and seat cover? They look very similar to oem.
I have a bike waiting. I'm thinking of doing a resto mod with a 96-01 engine and front end. Need to estimate the level of difficulty first though.

|

7/18/2019 6:03 PM

Well done!

|

7/18/2019 7:34 PM

Banana_oil wrote:

Nice! Where did you buy the graphics and seat cover? They look very similar to oem.
I have a bike waiting. I'm thinking of doing a resto mod with a 96-01 engine and front end. Need to estimate the level of difficulty first though.

I got the seat cover off of ebay and the decals from here: https://yzdecals.afegraphics.com/~afegraph/yzdecals/view_product.php?adminshopping=kwvoqqujdfds&product=92YZ125D-LGKIT-Y00911

|

7/19/2019 3:31 AM

Bike looks great, nice job. Did you vapour blast the engine?

|

7/19/2019 4:42 PM

500crazy wrote:

Bike looks great, nice job. Did you vapour blast the engine?

Thanks! I used aircraft remover and a wire brush to remove the old paint. Repainted with factory Yamaha epoxy paint. Cylinder is unpainted.

|

10/19/2020 3:06 AM

Looking mint! Just got myself a pulled apart 92. Keen on going through the whole process!!

|

10/19/2020 5:41 AM

Hey man. Can you do me a real.big favor?

Can you hold your phone sideways and take a real.hood, stable, focused clean picture of that deltabox decal on your swingarm? Get it in tight so the logo takes up the whole jpeg.

Thanks

|

IG: persona_non_grata_moto

10/19/2020 7:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2020 7:34 AM

TheTwostrokeTaliban wrote:

Hey man. Can you do me a real.big favor?

Can you hold your phone sideways and take a real.hood, stable, focused clean picture of that deltabox decal on your swingarm? Get it in tight so the logo takes up the whole jpeg.

Thanks

Nevermind, I got these done up, thanks for the idea.
Photo

|

IG: persona_non_grata_moto

11/9/2020 9:52 PM

Where could I find top and bottom end rebuild kits ?

|