1991 CR250R Project Bike Build

Slosh 112
1/24/2021 2:47pm
NIce, I remember reading posts or maybe articles a few years ago that Messico pipes were very similar and with some pipes are better than the Pro Circuit, Lucky Nino on here has some really nice early 90's CR125's with Mugen kits and runs Messico pipes on all of them.
Maxx MRP
4/10/2021 10:22am
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I posted anything because no news on the progress of the reassembly of the motorcycle
but I found Hinson clutch discs (to go with the Hinson basket) and parts to remake the original suspensions that will go on the 125 CR 1992 and I fit the tires.

Maxx MRP
7/3/2021 1:37pm
Hi everyone, a great time I haven't posted for this bike, but I had a lot of work to do with the suspensions tuning requests.
I received about 3 weeks ago, parts that I wanted to have and especially the shock absorber link and its rocker, which are very brittle with the wear and tear of time.
I also took the exhaust> cylinder mounting flange and the chain tensioners.
From now on I know that I would not have a problem at this level and I could ride calmly when the bike is reassembled.
Solid and anodized from England via Phil Denton Engineering.

7/26/2021 3:24pm
Looks great! Where did you get the yellow Dunlop tire stickers? I have not had any luck getting any for my build.

The Shop

Maxx MRP
8/22/2021 1:01pm
Looks great! Where did you get the yellow Dunlop tire stickers? I have not had any luck getting any for my build.
Paint Wink
Maxx MRP
8/22/2021 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2021 1:02pm
A little while ago that I didn't come to post the progress of the work on my bike.
Here are parts returned from anodization

Maxx MRP
12/3/2021 1:44pm
well, I got back to work on the bike a bit, December is a little quieter for me in terms of work, because they are preparing the end of year celebrations and Christmas gifts

here are two videos of the work that begins on the fork.

I'm sorry it's in french

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDv-KbMy_64
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx86szuFjsw
Maxx MRP
1/9/2022 2:30pm
Best wishes to you all.
Today Sunday January 9, 2022, I decided to tackle the final reassembly of the fork of my future Honda 250 CR from 1991.
After sending the sleeves in anodization and the plungers in DLC treatment, cerakote on the fork legs, thank you again to him.
So finalization of the fork, with replacement of cartridges, Factory SX spring collars, the fitting of new springs etc ...
I find it superb, if you like, do not hesitate to like and share and to subscribe too, that it motivates me to continue the videos, the more I have views, the more it motivates me. Thank you ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hij-j_WopO0
1/9/2022 5:38pm
Super trick 91. I did a basic rebuild on mine in 95, spray can the frame, Noleen got the suspension working good. I launched it up a ski flying ramp in 4th wo. I let off at take off and the bike screamed wo. Broke the bars off , some plastic damage. I think I had a air leak so I split the cases and did a full rebuild. I rode it on the ice a lot, a few hours on a track. It had a pc, fmf pipes and a Answer silencer. 91 cr250
I thought it was a really good bike , engine was great , low end smooth and strong mid that pulled forever.
Maxx MRP
1/13/2022 3:30pm
Super trick 91. I did a basic rebuild on mine in 95, spray can the frame, Noleen got the suspension working good. I launched it up...
Super trick 91. I did a basic rebuild on mine in 95, spray can the frame, Noleen got the suspension working good. I launched it up a ski flying ramp in 4th wo. I let off at take off and the bike screamed wo. Broke the bars off , some plastic damage. I think I had a air leak so I split the cases and did a full rebuild. I rode it on the ice a lot, a few hours on a track. It had a pc, fmf pipes and a Answer silencer. 91 cr250
I thought it was a really good bike , engine was great , low end smooth and strong mid that pulled forever.
Wow !!! I hope you didn't hurt yourself
Maxx MRP
1/15/2022 3:17pm
I told you that I was going to take care of making the shock absorber for my 1991 Honda 250 CR, and well, it's done.
I had already thought about it at the end of 2019 and had gathered almost all the pieces, but for lack of time .... and yes you come before me for your suspensions.
So here it is this evening I took the time to put it back together, I had to develop the settings, but I think that after the 1st driving test, I should make changes to it because we don't know how a recent shock and + a mix between a Kayaba and a Showa, on a 91 motorcycle, the tests on the track will tell.
I'm going to have to come back to this because the high speed compression adjuster screw, doesn't work, so if you have a 250 CRF compression cap (here's a 2008 body but others are compatible) let me know , I will still try again to see if I can solve the problem, which I thought solved.

I leave you with the video, good viewing and if you want to subscribe, share, like ... well that will make me very happy.

Take care and GOOD RIDE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKbCmI9vbmM
Maxx MRP
1/23/2022 12:33pm
For my American and English (and international) friends I tried to speak so that it would be easier for you to understand the video.
I hope that is the case. Tell me in the comments.

So here it is the restoration of the swingarm of the 250 CR 1991, after the suspensions (see the other videos in the playlist)
Thanks for watching it.
See you soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5kASbQudfk
Kidkawie
1/26/2022 3:42pm
Sweet build Maxx!

Have you compared the transmission gears to stock? With that big add-on stator (enduro) you might have a CRE kit.
Maxx MRP
1/27/2022 3:01pm
Kidkawie wrote:
Sweet build Maxx!

Have you compared the transmission gears to stock? With that big add-on stator (enduro) you might have a CRE kit.
Thank you
for this French homologation, they only mounted a stator with the coils for the headlights.
the rest of the engine was 100% cross model
Maxx MRP
1/28/2022 12:49pm
I am happy to finally start rebuilding the bike, after all these long months (and years) that I have started to collect the parts.
I really want to ride with it

Maxx MRP
2/21/2022 2:53pm
Hi friends
the reassembly of the motorcycle has progressed well.
there is not much left before going to ride.

some videos to show you where I am in rebuilding and optimizing the bike

Maxx MRP
2/28/2022 4:35pm
Hi guys
the bike is finished, here is probably the last video of its reassembly (I only have 2 or 3 things left to do on it) and then I go to ride it.
On this video I managed to activate the subtitles it will be easier for you to follow the video, I will do the same on the other videos.
See you soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v260gTtQvIM

2/28/2022 7:10pm
Maxx MRP wrote:
Hi guys the bike is finished, here is probably the last video of its reassembly (I only have 2 or 3 things left to do on...
Hi guys
the bike is finished, here is probably the last video of its reassembly (I only have 2 or 3 things left to do on it) and then I go to ride it.
On this video I managed to activate the subtitles it will be easier for you to follow the video, I will do the same on the other videos.
See you soon

Reminds me of JMB at 91 Millville on the 500 riding the rear brake all the way threw the whoops. Your bike is factory Honda Level. Great Job
Adama9x
3/2/2022 9:02pm
Awesome work Maxx,can’t wait to hear your feedback on the bike,especially the Crf suspension.
DGE.532
3/11/2022 4:38pm
Maxx MRP wrote:
Hi guys the bike is finished, here is probably the last video of its reassembly (I only have 2 or 3 things left to do on...
Hi guys
See you soon

Reminds me of JMB at 91 Millville on the 500 riding the rear brake all the way threw the whoops. Your bike is factory Honda Level...
Reminds me of JMB at 91 Millville on the 500 riding the rear brake all the way threw the whoops. Your bike is factory Honda Level. Great Job
My thoughts exactly, the year he completely dominated everyone
Maxx MRP
10/17/2022 7:48am
Hi buddies
It's been a while since I've been here, the bike had carburettor issues, so I've been ordering a Keihin PWK 38 Air Striker since April and still haven't received, I've received a late September and it wasn't an Air Striker, so I sent it back and while waiting for the right one to arrive, or unless I'm falling for a Lectron or a Smartcarb, but bringing this to France from the USA costs a lot expensive in customs fees.
So in the meantime I bought a copy of PWK 38 Air Striker and I mounted everything in Keihin inside, jets, float etc..
I haven't ridden the bike since April 3, 2022 and this Saturday I went to test the bike on a field 60km from my home, a track that I didn't know, hard hard the dust, the heat, the holes and the stones, but I have the banana, the bike is not like before, now it works, I think maybe refine the carburation a bit more and we'll be ok, I'll do it on the track of my club or you have seen the other videos, if you had not seen them they are in the playlist of this video.
Thank you, my MX brothers.

Maxx MRP
3/10/2023 1:16pm

Hi guys so I cracked up and ordered a Smartcarb. testing soon.

IMG 20230228 233647.jpg?VersionId=SKDYvNSco7nT7y6EscJGgZ

Post a reply to: 1991 CR250R Project Bike Build

The Latest