1990 Yamaha YZ125 - TRIAGE!!!

Edited Date/Time 8/23/2018 9:22am
Rescued this from the recyclers this weekend for $100. Probably paid $100 too much lol.

Found a whole engine on ebay today for $300, so between the two I should be able to cobble together a running engine. Will need a ton more but I'm going about this as cheaply as possible while trying to make it look halfway decent again.

Here's what it looked like when I picked it up:

Probably going in for new plastic, tank and seat, and some other things like cables. Will be getting as much used stuff as I can for the rest. Already have a nice airbox on the way.

Plan is to run it in vintage then maybe sell it to someone who wants to finish the restoration.
|
nicko-31
8/9/2018 2:57pm

You wont have any trouble finding a power valve for that bike like your previous KX .
8/10/2018 9:37am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2018 9:42am
Not had any luck finding any nice looking forks (ones that still have red anodized sliders) though. Then again, this is pretty much bottom of the barrel budget build so I may run what it has at least for now.

Goal #1 with this build is to not let it become a money pit, dollar vacuum, or financial black hole.
8/10/2018 10:25am
Those 41mm kybs inverted forks where average the 43mm off the 91-92 where much better performance wise.
8/10/2018 11:42am
Those 41mm kybs inverted forks where average the 43mm off the 91-92 where much better performance wise.
Will the 91-92 forks drop into the 90 clamps?

The Shop

8/18/2018 8:24pm
Well.. The engine I bought on ebay last week was scheduled to arrive yesterday, per FedEx's status updates. Friday around 2pm, the status updates changed from in-route to pending shipping label.

FedEx managed to LOSE the fucking engine.

Seller is working with FedEx to attempt to locate engine that has apparently been misplaced.

RyanLester761
8/23/2018 9:22am
Well.. The engine I bought on ebay last week was scheduled to arrive yesterday, per FedEx's status updates. Friday around 2pm, the status updates changed from...
Well.. The engine I bought on ebay last week was scheduled to arrive yesterday, per FedEx's status updates. Friday around 2pm, the status updates changed from in-route to pending shipping label.

FedEx managed to LOSE the fucking engine.

Seller is working with FedEx to attempt to locate engine that has apparently been misplaced.

What a bummer! FedEx is shady in my experience. They tend to set packages just inside my chain link fence for any tweaker to steal. Or they will throw it over the other fence for my dogs to chew up. I don't trust them and they are slow sometimes. I really prefer the local post office. I use them every time I sell anything. Keep us posted! Good luck.

Post a reply to: 1990 Yamaha YZ125 - TRIAGE!!!

The Latest