1989 CR250 fork conversion build

3/9/2019 1:13pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2019 6:11am
What bearings did you use or what did you do to mount up the modern forks? Got an 05 showa set for my 89 I’m rebuilding but can’t find the bearings for it. All Balls discontinued the 99-3540-5 kit to Canada and am trying to find another way..
JMX247
Fantasy
1377th
3/9/2019 9:30pm
What bearings did you use or what did you do to mount up the modern forks? Got an 05 showa set for my 89 I’m rebuilding...
What bearings did you use or what did you do to mount up the modern forks? Got an 05 showa set for my 89 I’m rebuilding but can’t find the bearings for it. All Balls discontinued the 99-3540-5 kit to Canada and am trying to find another way..
I used the all balls bearing kit. I have another set if your interested in it. I’m also going back to the stock forks so if your also interested in buying some pro circuit clamps I’m planning on selling.
3/10/2019 6:14am
JMX247 wrote:
I used the all balls bearing kit. I have another set if your interested in it. I’m also going back to the stock forks so if...
I used the all balls bearing kit. I have another set if your interested in it. I’m also going back to the stock forks so if your also interested in buying some pro circuit clamps I’m planning on selling.
How much were you thinking for everything? I’m looking at spending $110 US (All Balls wants $50 US to ship to Canada..) just for the bearings, depending on how much you want for the triples I’ll probably PayPal you for the bearings for sure.
JMX247
Fantasy
1377th
3/10/2019 11:24am
JMX247 wrote:
I used the all balls bearing kit. I have another set if your interested in it. I’m also going back to the stock forks so if...
How much were you thinking for everything? I’m looking at spending $110 US (All Balls wants $50 US to ship to Canada..) just for the bearings...
How much were you thinking for everything? I’m looking at spending $110 US (All Balls wants $50 US to ship to Canada..) just for the bearings, depending on how much you want for the triples I’ll probably PayPal you for the bearings for sure.
I spent $350 for the pro circuit clamps, I can sell them for $225 including the new bearing kit, or I can sell the all balls kit for $30 shipped.

The Shop

JMX247
Fantasy
1377th
3/10/2019 11:43am
Also if your doing the fork conversion the steering stop that’s on the frame needs to be modified to work with newer clamps. I made some temporary stoppers on the clamps just to finish the bike so I had time to test the air forks before some races, but the right way to do this is to modify the stopper that’s on the frame.
3/10/2019 5:29pm
JMX247 wrote:
I spent $350 for the pro circuit clamps, I can sell them for $225 including the new bearing kit, or I can sell the all balls...
I spent $350 for the pro circuit clamps, I can sell them for $225 including the new bearing kit, or I can sell the all balls kit for $30 shipped.
I spent a little too much on new bearings and rebuilding the shock today so I better not, for now.. I’ll take the bearing kit and will shoot you a DM to send you money. Were only 1 kit needed for the conversion? Also interested to see what you did to modify the head tube, I was wondering about that with my 05 bottom triple!
JMX247
Fantasy
1377th
3/10/2019 8:01pm
JMX247 wrote:
I spent $350 for the pro circuit clamps, I can sell them for $225 including the new bearing kit, or I can sell the all balls...
I spent a little too much on new bearings and rebuilding the shock today so I better not, for now.. I’ll take the bearing kit and...
I spent a little too much on new bearings and rebuilding the shock today so I better not, for now.. I’ll take the bearing kit and will shoot you a DM to send you money. Were only 1 kit needed for the conversion? Also interested to see what you did to modify the head tube, I was wondering about that with my 05 bottom triple!
I don’t know how to DM on here, I can’t seem to find it but you can just email me at jmc247@gmail.com

Post a reply to: 1989 CR250 fork conversion build

The Latest