1986 Yamaha YZ250S

PJRAUS
10/22/2018 12:55am Edited Date/Time 10/22/2018 1:43am
The bike looks and sounds Amazing! You have done an amazing job!
I know that at the tender and excitable age of 20 when I had my 86 yz 125 and 250...id have been freaking out with envy if someone showed up to a race with a chrome plated pipe like that fmf..just saying...it looks Great! I remember I had chrome plated steel bars on mine that I got cheap from my dealer...bent the hell out of several sets!
I will never forget how much I loved those bikes...I started 86 racing the new 86 kx 250 with the disc rear brake...awesome motor but an evil handling pig that tried to kill me repeatedly! Sold it and got the two yz's and just went so much better immediately..
If your bike wered mine..I could never bring mysslcc to ride it and get it all dirty and scratched up...it would be a coffee table bike..I'd just sit and drink beers and stare at it for hours..
Ove
10/22/2018 4:31am
PJRAUS wrote:
The bike looks and sounds Amazing! You have done an amazing job! I know that at the tender and excitable age of 20 when I had...
I know that at the tender and excitable age of 20 when I had my 86 yz 125 and 250...id have been freaking out with envy if someone showed up to a race with a chrome plated pipe like that fmf..just saying...it looks Great! I remember I had chrome plated steel bars on mine that I got cheap from my dealer...bent the hell out of several sets!
I will never forget how much I loved those bikes...I started 86 racing the new 86 kx 250 with the disc rear brake...awesome motor but an evil handling pig that tried to kill me repeatedly! Sold it and got the two yz's and just went so much better immediately..
If your bike wered mine..I could never bring mysslcc to ride it and get it all dirty and scratched up...it would be a coffee table bike..I'd just sit and drink beers and stare at it for hours..
Thanks PJRAUS! Appreciate it.
My first bike was a 1984 YZ125 (White and red), and my first 250 was a 1987 YZ250, and I have always had a soft spot in my heart for these bikes. I know the magazine's thrashed those bikes as being awful, but I loved mine.
PJRAUS
10/24/2018 1:07am
PJRAUS wrote:
The bike looks and sounds Amazing! You have done an amazing job! I know that at the tender and excitable age of 20 when I had...
Ove wrote:
Thanks PJRAUS! Appreciate it. My first bike was a 1984 YZ125 (White and red), and my first 250 was a 1987 YZ250, and I have always...
Thanks PJRAUS! Appreciate it.
My first bike was a 1984 YZ125 (White and red), and my first 250 was a 1987 YZ250, and I have always had a soft spot in my heart for these bikes. I know the magazine's thrashed those bikes as being awful, but I loved mine.
I can't remember what the magazine's said back then, I suppose they all loved the Honda's, they were great bikes.
All I remember is that after getting off my 86 kx 250 and onto the 86 yz 250...handling wise...it was like going from a truck to a Ferrari...
I loved the 125 too...the last 125 prior to that was an 84 cr125 , it was gutless! Took off the atac chamber, removed the butterfly and made a plate to cover the opening..went a lot better after that but it was still slow compared to my 83 cr 125, which absolutely ripped! Plus I broke the fame on that 84, got it welded up then kept on breaking it

The Shop

Ove
12/29/2018 6:25am
Great build! I am working on a 1986 YZ125.
Thanks Brian! Appreciate it.
Love the red and white Yamaha's.
Got a thread going for your build?
1/8/2019 4:28pm
I’ve did you use Yamaha OEM fenders? I ordered some from Partzilla and they do not appear to be as pure white as my older fenders.
Ove
1/8/2019 5:19pm
I’ve did you use Yamaha OEM fenders? I ordered some from Partzilla and they do not appear to be as pure white as my older fenders.
Yes I used the Yamaha oem fenders. They are a little more off-white than the new white that other manufacturers use now.

Post a reply to: 1986 Yamaha YZ250S

The Latest