1982 #hammerheadmods Yamaha OW100

vetmotoxer34
2/28/2020 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2020 5:19am
Winter build for the AHRMA Post Vintage 100cc class.

|
ledger
2/28/2020 7:03pm
Such a cool bike, and so good look'n too. I vote this bike to be...Bike Of The Day !! Extremely nice job vet.
speedman
2/29/2020 3:16am
Congratulations, that is delectable. One thing I really like is the rims' gold--is that reanodized gold over silver? And the bare engine treatment genuinely harmonizes with the rest of the bike--too often it doesn't, and I can't help but wonder why they think they need more heat dissipation for five-lap motos.

I did wonder why you didn't do the ignition cover bare like the clutch cover, even if you wanted the cone pipe to dominate that side visually--it would be a good complement to the cone pipe. Or something I want to try later this year: make a stencil and blast a logo onto a polished cover. In your case, a tuning fork? Just as a small subliminal accent on that side. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing a bike built by someone who knows when to say when.
GregP221
2/29/2020 8:30pm
I saw y’all at Arcola today. Bike was turning some heads!
rallendude
3/3/2020 6:16pm
Sweet. Hope you guys are doing well Jamie.

The Shop

vetmotoxer34
3/4/2020 8:53pm
rallendude wrote:
Sweet. Hope you guys are doing well Jamie.
All good Here in Texas Ricky. I hope things are good with you and your crew in Bama!
Lightning78
3/5/2020 3:03pm
2 things.....

What is up with that extra doggone in the linkage between the swingarm and the knuckle? Is that a stock setup thing Yamaha used? Looks a little odd that's all....

Although some may say its blasphemous to ask or inquire, how would or do the rules go if someone wants to put a disc brake front wheel and braking system with inverted forks on the front end? Just curious about how that works......
vetmotoxer34
3/5/2020 5:29pm
2 things..... What is up with that extra doggone in the linkage between the swingarm and the knuckle? Is that a stock setup thing Yamaha used...
2 things.....

What is up with that extra doggone in the linkage between the swingarm and the knuckle? Is that a stock setup thing Yamaha used? Looks a little odd that's all....

Although some may say its blasphemous to ask or inquire, how would or do the rules go if someone wants to put a disc brake front wheel and braking system with inverted forks on the front end? Just curious about how that works......
Dog bone is an oem feature from 82 - 83. The oem one is steel. The one on this bike is aluminum and came from a yz490 and machined down by Brad Harvey at NorCal Vintage.

Yes some guys put 86 IT200 Conventional forks on the bike and run the disc set up. My concept is to be as light as possible and if you are using that much brake you are going backwards in the 100cc races.

The disc setup is not legal in Ahrma but legal in the “no holes bar” 100cc special races. Haven’t seen any with inverted forks but that would be cool for sure.
smokin819
3/8/2020 5:13am Edited Date/Time 3/8/2020 5:19am
speedman wrote:
Congratulations, that is delectable. One thing I really like is the rims' gold--is that reanodized gold over silver? And the bare engine treatment genuinely harmonizes with...
Congratulations, that is delectable. One thing I really like is the rims' gold--is that reanodized gold over silver? And the bare engine treatment genuinely harmonizes with the rest of the bike--too often it doesn't, and I can't help but wonder why they think they need more heat dissipation for five-lap motos.

I did wonder why you didn't do the ignition cover bare like the clutch cover, even if you wanted the cone pipe to dominate that side visually--it would be a good complement to the cone pipe. Or something I want to try later this year: make a stencil and blast a logo onto a polished cover. In your case, a tuning fork? Just as a small subliminal accent on that side. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing a bike built by someone who knows when to say when.
The cover is made of Plastic and I didn't want to Paint it....Thanks for Lookin ! Hammerhead
smokin819
3/8/2020 5:18am Edited Date/Time 3/8/2020 5:19am
GregP221 wrote:
I saw y’all at Arcola today. Bike was turning some heads!
Thanks Greg ! that was our test day and we learned alot in a short time, Jamie is an Expert when it comes to giving back Info on the motor setup, We made a few changes and we think we ready to do Battle ! WOOHOO !! Hammerhead

Post a reply to: 1982 #hammerheadmods Yamaha OW100

The Latest