19 KX450 build (For Sale)

Edited Date/Time 12/21/2020 7:15am
Beginning my 2019 KX450 build. Planning for it to be a weekly endeavor with a finished product by winter!

So starting off I began with some spare parts from a previous build (not many would fit as my last build was a different brand): pressurized/ temparure gauge radiator cap, white gas breathe tube, and Works Connection Tac/Hour meter

Moving on to the control side, currently on is: Pro Taper magnesium Evo bars, 1 1/8 clamps, all green bar pad, trying out the new clamp on grips, and of course the grip donuts. Also some black Works Connection bar clamps

Parts ordered or haven't put on yet:
- Full Pro Circuit Ti-6 titanium exhaust
- chromatic Dirt Tricks sprocket
- Twin Air power flo kit (the current stock set up is beyond shit)
- Gold DID chain
- Works Connection: brake and clutch caps, steering stem bolt, brake return, axle blocks
- ARC levers

The plan is to get a wheel set ordered, blue PC radiator hoses, and a clutch kit, next.

Bone stock

And so it begins

|
philG
9/22/2018 2:28pm
Those sprockets look trick.
mxb2
9/22/2018 3:20pm
Following this build. Imo. I wd get the non pro ti6, unless you have sound checks at your tracks.
pCp 252
Fantasy
2530th
9/22/2018 4:37pm
Great start, I’m jealous. I have a new Kite rear hub in blue that i would like to sell cheap if interested for your wheelset.

9/22/2018 4:40pm
mxb2 wrote:
Following this build. Imo. I wd get the non pro ti6, unless you have sound checks at your tracks.
Just what my dealer said he had in stock. It's not being shipped until Monday so I may actually see if I can get the regular instead

The Shop

9/22/2018 4:42pm
pCp 252 wrote:
Great start, I’m jealous. I have a new Kite rear hub in blue that i would like to sell cheap if interested for your wheelset.

I'm going magnesium or green on the weels. Appreciate the offer though
9/22/2018 4:47pm Edited Date/Time 10/17/2018 7:38am
Also if anyone has any experience with EZE products I'd love to hear some input. Really debating on going with their hubs and a custom clutch cover. I know they're very popular down under
9/26/2018 7:12am
Twin Air Power Flo is in! The stock cage having the screen imbedded is such a pain.
DB97
9/26/2018 7:41pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2018 7:45pm
Excited to get this thing on! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/25/289497/s1200_IMG_5667.jpg[/img]
Excited to get this thing on!
Nice man, make sure it's the new rubber mounted version. If not send it to PC to switch it for updated one. Also it still looks like the front brake line is behind the throttle cables lol sorry to be a pain just trying to help.
9/27/2018 12:29pm
Excited to get this thing on! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/25/289497/s1200_IMG_5667.jpg[/img]
Excited to get this thing on!
DB97 wrote:
Nice man, make sure it's the new rubber mounted version. If not send it to PC to switch it for updated one. Also it still looks...
Nice man, make sure it's the new rubber mounted version. If not send it to PC to switch it for updated one. Also it still looks like the front brake line is behind the throttle cables lol sorry to be a pain just trying to help.
Haha shit you're right. I had it apart to switch and put it right back how it was. Too excited to take pictures lol.

The can mount is suppose to be rubber?
DB97
9/27/2018 12:35pm
Haha shit you're right. I had it apart to switch and put it right back how it was. Too excited to take pictures lol. The can...
Haha shit you're right. I had it apart to switch and put it right back how it was. Too excited to take pictures lol.

Yes they changed it because the sub frame is weak. Mine is on the way there now for update only used it a few times.
9/27/2018 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 9/27/2018 12:50pm
Haha shit you're right. I had it apart to switch and put it right back how it was. Too excited to take pictures lol. The can...

DB97 wrote:
Yes they changed it because the sub frame is weak. Mine is on the way there now for update only used it a few times.
Well that's a pain.
DB97
9/27/2018 12:44pm
Well that's a pain. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/27/289893/s1200_IMG_5686.jpg[/img]
Well that's a pain.
If it's not used they will exchange it, mine they are going to change the mount since I used it.
9/27/2018 12:49pm
Well that's a pain. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/27/289893/s1200_IMG_5686.jpg[/img]
Well that's a pain.
DB97 wrote:
If it's not used they will exchange it, mine they are going to change the mount since I used it.
Well it's fresh outta the package so I guess I'll be exchanging it. I've never had more difficulty with getting an exhaust haha. The first one I got was the T-6 by accident so I had to exchange that for this one and then come to find out I have to exchange this one as well haha not my week
DB97
9/27/2018 12:53pm
Well it's fresh outta the package so I guess I'll be exchanging it. I've never had more difficulty with getting an exhaust haha. The first one...
Well it's fresh outta the package so I guess I'll be exchanging it. I've never had more difficulty with getting an exhaust haha. The first one I got was the T-6 by accident so I had to exchange that for this one and then come to find out I have to exchange this one as well haha not my week
Haha that sucks. I've had mine sitting in the box for a month so either way it's no fun.
9/27/2018 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 9/27/2018 1:09pm
Well it's fresh outta the package so I guess I'll be exchanging it. I've never had more difficulty with getting an exhaust haha. The first one...
DB97 wrote:
Haha that sucks. I've had mine sitting in the box for a month so either way it's no fun.
Well, have some more bad news for ya... just got off the phone with PC and they said it's the subframe itself that's the problem and that they've even been having the issue with the rubber mounted ones as well... so I'm probably not going to waste my time sending it in. He said it's been happening on the OEM, the PC, and the FMF. So sounds like our bikes are going to have a recall here in the near future.
DB97
9/27/2018 1:23pm
Well, have some more bad news for ya... just got off the phone with PC and they said it's the subframe itself that's the problem and...
Well, have some more bad news for ya... just got off the phone with PC and they said it's the subframe itself that's the problem and that they've even been having the issue with the rubber mounted ones as well... so I'm probably not going to waste my time sending it in. He said it's been happening on the OEM, the PC, and the FMF. So sounds like our bikes are going to have a recall here in the near future.
Yeah I'm aware I just got mine braced should have it back Monday. Should hold me over untill they give us a subframe or something.

9/28/2018 10:31pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2018 10:48pm
Here's some update photos. Also just ordered some green Faster USA hubs and my graphic kit/ seat cover is in the process of being made. I'm hoping both to be here within the coming week!
Power Flo kit

Works Connection TAC/ hour meter/ Clock (this thing is pretty cool haha)

barnett468
9/29/2018 8:19am
Here's some update photos. Also just ordered some green Faster USA hubs and my graphic kit/ seat cover is in the process of being made. I'm...
Here's some update photos. Also just ordered some green Faster USA hubs and my graphic kit/ seat cover is in the process of being made. I'm hoping both to be here within the coming week!
Power Flo kit

what about the hubs that dubya sells?

9/29/2018 9:48am
Nice build ! Looking forward to the final result ! How do you like the bike so far ? What did you ride before the kawi ?
bm201
9/29/2018 7:15pm
At first glance I thought that said 93.5 hours and was trying to figure out how you’ve been riding it almost 14 hours a day since you started this post a week ago ? newborns robbing my sleep...nice build man!
9/30/2018 12:41pm
Here's some update photos. Also just ordered some green Faster USA hubs and my graphic kit/ seat cover is in the process of being made. I'm...
Power Flo kit

barnett468 wrote:
what about the hubs that dubya sells?

I called about the magnesium Kite hubs because those were my first choice and was told they weren't compatible with the stock spoke/rim set up. I've always been under the impression Dubya, Kite and Talon were all the same company, so I figured they would all have the stock compatibility issue? Which is ultimately why I went with Faster USA, because they have great reviews and I can run the stock spoke/rim combo with them.
9/30/2018 12:49pm
Nice build ! Looking forward to the final result ! How do you like the bike so far ? What did you ride before the kawi...
Nice build ! Looking forward to the final result ! How do you like the bike so far ? What did you ride before the kawi ?
I absolutely love the bike! I had a 17 crf450 before this one, however before the 17 yz250f I had previous to that the last 5 or 6 bikes I had were all kawi 450/250, so I was a pretty big Kawi guy there for some time.

I honestly feel like the 17 crf450 I had was all around Faster/ more powerful than this bike. However, the Kawi is so much more rideable for me. I gelled instantly and had faster lap times at my track before even sending suspension off or anything with the bike. But like I said I've always felt really comfortable on Kawi so that's probably a contributing factor.
9/30/2018 12:52pm
bm201 wrote:
At first glance I thought that said 93.5 hours and was trying to figure out how you’ve been riding it almost 14 hours a day since...
At first glance I thought that said 93.5 hours and was trying to figure out how you’ve been riding it almost 14 hours a day since you started this post a week ago ? newborns robbing my sleep...nice build man!
Haha boy do I wish I was able to ride that much. Appreciate it!
EHink450
9/30/2018 12:54pm
Nice build ! Looking forward to the final result ! How do you like the bike so far ? What did you ride before the kawi...
I absolutely love the bike! I had a 17 crf450 before this one, however before the 17 yz250f I had previous to that the last 5...
I absolutely love the bike! I had a 17 crf450 before this one, however before the 17 yz250f I had previous to that the last 5 or 6 bikes I had were all kawi 450/250, so I was a pretty big Kawi guy there for some time.

I honestly feel like the 17 crf450 I had was all around Faster/ more powerful than this bike. However, the Kawi is so much more rideable for me. I gelled instantly and had faster lap times at my track before even sending suspension off or anything with the bike. But like I said I've always felt really comfortable on Kawi so that's probably a contributing factor.
I feel the same way. The kawi just fits me so much better than my yamaha or my honda did even though I felt like they were more powerful. The kawi is just more controlable and comfortable
mxb2
9/30/2018 12:56pm
Well, have some more bad news for ya... just got off the phone with PC and they said it's the subframe itself that's the problem and...
DB97 wrote:
Yeah I'm aware I just got mine braced should have it back Monday. Should hold me over untill they give us a subframe or something. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/27/289897/s1200_Screenshot_20180927_144259.jpg[/img]...
Yeah I'm aware I just got mine braced should have it back Monday. Should hold me over untill they give us a subframe or something.

If there ever was a recall, would it still help you,since you repaired yours? If that makes sense.
9/30/2018 1:00pm
I absolutely love the bike! I had a 17 crf450 before this one, however before the 17 yz250f I had previous to that the last 5...

Thanks for the info and compared to your 250 how would you review the kawi in terms of handling ? I ride a 250 sxf and i’m really thinking abt trading it for the new kawi
DB97
9/30/2018 1:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2018 1:25pm
mxb2 wrote:
If there ever was a recall, would it still help you,since you repaired yours? If that makes sense.
Mine didn't break but I didn't want to risk it. I don't see why they wouldn't but if they don't mine will be stronger. If they do a recall I would imagine it will take months and I don't want a dealer taking my bike apart anyway. Pro Circuit are the ones that told me to brace it.
mxb2
9/30/2018 1:56pm
mxb2 wrote:
DB97 wrote:
Mine didn't break but I didn't want to risk it. I don't see why they wouldn't but if they don't mine will be stronger. If they...
Mine didn't break but I didn't want to risk it. I don't see why they wouldn't but if they don't mine will be stronger. If they do a recall I would imagine it will take months and I don't want a dealer taking my bike apart anyway. Pro Circuit are the ones that told me to brace it.
Cool. Thanks . Good info.

Post a reply to: 19 KX450 build (For Sale)

The Latest