'18 250sx build (update BNG!)

mx317
11/5/2018 1:32pm
sandman768 wrote:
Have you compared the cone valves to the AER forks side by side just looking at the Lengh of both? My conevalves are longer than my...
Have you compared the cone valves to the AER forks side by side just looking at the Lengh of both? My conevalves are longer than my stock 18 AER forks, I run mine in the 2nd or 3rd line depending on the track just to balance out the starting point of the suspension...
Depending on what year CVs you have they are different. I have older big axle and they are shorter. The top of my CVs are equal...
Depending on what year CVs you have they are different. I have older big axle and they are shorter.

The top of my CVs are equal to 2 lines down on AER. I run them flush with my clamps and sag 106ish
Not sure if AER forks come in different lengths, but stock on a KTM 450SXF and my Husky Rockstar 450 they are 950mm long. The Cones are either 940mm or 945mm (newer ones) depending on the year.
AJ565
11/5/2018 1:59pm
sandman768 wrote:
Have you compared the cone valves to the AER forks side by side just looking at the Lengh of both? My conevalves are longer than my...
Have you compared the cone valves to the AER forks side by side just looking at the Lengh of both? My conevalves are longer than my stock 18 AER forks, I run mine in the 2nd or 3rd line depending on the track just to balance out the starting point of the suspension...
Depending on what year CVs you have they are different. I have older big axle and they are shorter. The top of my CVs are equal...
Depending on what year CVs you have they are different. I have older big axle and they are shorter.

The top of my CVs are equal to 2 lines down on AER. I run them flush with my clamps and sag 106ish
From what I was told mine were new Sep/2017. I'm not sure on the length, I'll try and get a measurement on them and see. Billy said they were the older style because of the gold color with black DLC lowers. They fit my '18 with no axle changes so they are post big axle. I have them on the second line as that is where I had my AER's. I also have the Ride link on it set to 103mm. I'll be at a different track in 2 weeks so I'll see how the bike handles there as I'd tend to get some minor head shake late in the day there.
mx317
11/5/2018 3:23pm
AJ565 wrote:
From what I was told mine were new Sep/2017. I'm not sure on the length, I'll try and get a measurement on them and see. Billy...
From what I was told mine were new Sep/2017. I'm not sure on the length, I'll try and get a measurement on them and see. Billy said they were the older style because of the gold color with black DLC lowers. They fit my '18 with no axle changes so they are post big axle. I have them on the second line as that is where I had my AER's. I also have the Ride link on it set to 103mm. I'll be at a different track in 2 weeks so I'll see how the bike handles there as I'd tend to get some minor head shake late in the day there.

Yours sound like mine. These are 940mm long and the newer black ones are 945mm.
AJ565
11/5/2018 6:08pm
mx317 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/11/05/300297/s1200_IMG_1021.jpg[/img] Yours sound like mine. These are 940mm long and the newer black ones are 945mm.

Yours sound like mine. These are 940mm long and the newer black ones are 945mm.
Mine are exactly like those, but with a red band instead of black.

The Shop

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
11/5/2018 10:37pm
sandman768 wrote:

AJ565 wrote:
From what I was told mine were new Sep/2017. I'm not sure on the length, I'll try and get a measurement on them and see. Billy...
If you feel headshake, try going to 1 line up in the clamps or lower sag to 105. One or both options should help you.
AJ565
11/6/2018 5:41am
If you feel headshake, try going to 1 line up in the clamps or lower sag to 105. One or both options should help you.
I'll try both if I get any. I do need to check my front preload though, it looks a little low so that should help also.
cdoggy81
11/18/2018 8:21pm
Bump for updates, both the bike & car Smile
I’m dropping an LS3 in my 71 over the holidays

AJ565
11/19/2018 6:40am
The bike is still amazing. I was out this weekend on it and have some helmet cam video to go through and then I'll post that up. I did switch from u4.4 mixed at 44:1 to T2 which is mixed at 40:1 and noticed it rich on the bottom end with puffs of smoke out of corners. I do like u4.4 better so I'll be sticking with that as much as I can.

Car wise I actually don't get to work on my actual car anymore, I don't have any shop space to work on it. I've been working on dash parts and making molds for my bumper. I did get the interior rendering done though. If you want to follow my build thread on the car since I can't post car stuff on a moto board here is the link Camaro Build

I also have Instagram where I also post progress pics and bike stuff. CamaroAJ is my name on there.

cdoggy81
11/19/2018 7:30am
The T2 is not as oxygenated as the u4.4 so if you do switch to the T2 you should go a little leaner on the pilot and main.

Interior looks sharp!
AJ565
11/24/2018 6:10am
Video from the last ride. It was later in the day stuff after I was tired. Bike still sounds good, you know, because its a 2 stroke.

https://youtu.be/YObz51ZJjWk
Keating
12/26/2018 7:45pm Edited Date/Time 12/26/2018 7:47pm
What track are you riding in your last video?

Looks like they work the corners so some nice ruts develop on the inside.....

Btw, your '71 TA is Super Sick!!! Love it!!
AJ565
12/26/2018 8:04pm
Keating wrote:
What track are you riding in your last video? Looks like they work the corners so some nice ruts develop on the inside..... Btw, your '71...
What track are you riding in your last video?

Looks like they work the corners so some nice ruts develop on the inside.....

Btw, your '71 TA is Super Sick!!! Love it!!
Murphy’s MX in redrock, Tx. It’s a fun track. The turns are ok. There is always 2 real good ones and the rest of the turns on days they cut it deep or add a sand mix to the track.

The TA isn’t mine, I have a ‘69 Camaro I’m building.
cdoggy81
12/26/2018 10:32pm
The 1971 TA is mine, AJ has a 1969 Camaro that is going to be bad a$$. Thanks though for the kind words ?
Keating
12/27/2018 7:09am
That's awesome guys!! Sweet cars!! I have a '67 c10.
AJ565
1/2/2019 10:31am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2019 10:31am
I picked up a Trax shock on here from the ClubMX team. After getting it from PowerBand (who handles ClubMX suspension) and on the bike I finally got to ride with it yesterday. The Trax system is turned off and that is how the pro teams are running this shock. I also went from a stock 42 spring to a 45 spring to match my weight and speed. I set the sag to 103mm which is where the ClubMX bikes get setup to and the RE link is recommended for.

I rode at Cycle Ranch with it and the track was unprepped so it was nice and rough to really get a feel. After a few laps on it I felt nothing. Like I don't see what the big deal was about this shock when it doesn't feel any different than stock unlike the switch from AER to CV which was a noticeable change. The thing I noticed first is I had less under fender marks because of the heavier spring. So after a resting for a bit and thinking about my stock shock and how it performed at CR I went back out on track and payed more attention to what the bike was doing under me in the heavy braking bumps on the down hills and in the back section where they have a kicker single half way down the hill that normally kicks my rear end up.

During my second session paying attention to the areas I knew the shock suspension would kick, buck and sometimes swap a little in I really noticed what the Trax shock did, nothing. The faster I went into the braking bumps the better the rear of the bike felt. Same with the down hill kicker, nothing. The bike didn't buck or swap and basically just made the bumps disappear. Overall I was impressed with the shock performance. Now that I have a LITPro I'm going to try and line up my stock forks and swap the stock shock back and do back to back motos with them so I can see what the data looks like. That will be the real way to see if it improves track times or just comfort.

AJ565
7/15/2019 7:41am
I have almost 52 hours on the bike now and haven't changed any of my set up as I have it really dialed in and love how it handles. I did a compression test yesterday morning before I went riding and I'm still at 200 psi. So with proper jetting and good fuel and oil that really helps extend the life of the piston.

However, it was time for a graphics refresh. A buddy of mine owns the company that does the graphics for me and I told him it was time and he said he wanted to change some stuff and I let him handle the design from there. He recently got a new printer that does the exact KTM orange and wanted to put some of that into it. I'm not sure what material he uses, but I've never had graphics peel off without leaving all the glue. The old ones left none and took less than 5 min to peel and prep for the new graphics.

Before, they held up very well for being over a year old.

Naked

Done

jpatz319
Fantasy
1295th
7/19/2019 8:44am
Who did you get the graphics through with redbull logo? If you don't want to reveal your sources I understand with the bull being very protective.
AJ565
7/19/2019 11:25am
jpatz319 wrote:
Who did you get the graphics through with redbull logo? If you don't want to reveal your sources I understand with the bull being very protective.
A local company that does a ton of stuff for the local riders. Top quality work, but yeah not trying to get them into trouble. Maybe in your comments on your profile there is an answer for you.

Post a reply to: '18 250sx build (update BNG!)

The Latest