‘16 YZ250 Black Dragon Build

kdubsteezey
Fantasy
1247th
4/15/2019 9:28pm
Clear Hi-Temp Cerakote ✅ [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/04/10/337577/s1200_40166375_902C_49CD_9971_E2D860FECAA6.jpg[/img]
Clear Hi-Temp Cerakote ✅
Very rad! Really digging the simple clean look you're going for. Something I've always liked on my bikes too! I'm very curious how the Cerakote on the pipe works as I might try it on my build. Let us know you think of it after you get some time on it! And can't wait to see the bike all together!
4/17/2019 7:06am
Thanks man! definitely trying to keep things clean haha. Yeah I'm curious as to how it goes too, I started it up n ran it for about 5 minutes with no problem but we shall see once I get it out on the track-- I'll definitely let you all know, bike is officially done just waiting for it to stop raining here in the mid-Atlantic!
cdoggy81
4/17/2019 9:42am
I hope that stuff holds up as it looks awesome but I would not be surprised if by the snout where it mates up with the cylinder, that 2-3” section where exhaust temps are the highest, you will probably see some discoloration over time Sad
I hope not as I would like to do the same on my raw pipe but I will wait to see how yours works out. Keep up the good work!
zac_k3
4/18/2019 7:32pm
You can get the scotchbrite pads much cheaper off eBay if you look. 8" or 6" FN of VFN will work. Get a bunch they wear...
You can get the scotchbrite pads much cheaper off eBay if you look. 8" or 6" FN of VFN will work. Get a bunch they wear out fast! 6 or so will get you through a whole bike. Harbor freight sells the buffer for about $50 and a stand for $30. Trust me I've done it both ways, the buffer is worth it. And then there are small dremel bits on amazon you can get a bunch for $10 works for the tight areas.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075PVWJXX/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie…
i was looking on ebay for the pads and all i’m seeing is ones in China and Hong Kong with shipping estimates from mid May-June. Can you provide a link to the ones you bought or are those it?

The Shop

Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
4/18/2019 10:13pm
You can get the scotchbrite pads much cheaper off eBay if you look. 8" or 6" FN of VFN will work. Get a bunch they wear...
You can get the scotchbrite pads much cheaper off eBay if you look. 8" or 6" FN of VFN will work. Get a bunch they wear out fast! 6 or so will get you through a whole bike. Harbor freight sells the buffer for about $50 and a stand for $30. Trust me I've done it both ways, the buffer is worth it. And then there are small dremel bits on amazon you can get a bunch for $10 works for the tight areas.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075PVWJXX/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie…
zac_k3 wrote:
i was looking on ebay for the pads and all i’m seeing is ones in China and Hong Kong with shipping estimates from mid May-June. Can...
i was looking on ebay for the pads and all i’m seeing is ones in China and Hong Kong with shipping estimates from mid May-June. Can you provide a link to the ones you bought or are those it?
Here is the eBay links,
These were $4.64 when I bought them

So here are the 6 inch. Also search google for industrial supply places and maybe you can find a bulk buy of them.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-quot-x-1-2-quot-3M-00665-SCOTCH-BRITE-HIGH-S…
4/24/2019 5:23am
And I present the finished product! More photos to come, hope you all think it turned out as cool as I do haha

4/24/2019 5:25am
Complete parts list:

Haan Wheels, A60 Rims
Pro Pegs 58mm Titanium Footpegs
Dutch Power Racing (DPR) Handmade Cone Pipe w/ Clear Cerakote
Fabricated Carbon fiber Expansion chamber mounts
Pro circuit 304 Silencer
Throttle Syndicate (N-Style) custom ‘99 YOT graphics + seat cover
Pro Carbon Fiber chain guide
Pro Carbon Carbon Rear Rotor Guard
LightSpeed Carbon skid Plate
LightSpeed Carbon rear caliper Guard
Lightspeed front brake cable clamp
Pro Circult Triple Clamps
Hard Anodized Silver Fork Tubes
Ti-ni composite coated fork Stauncheons
Ti-ni composite coated rear shock shaft
Hard anodized black shock body
Hard anodized bronze rear linkage shock/linkage components
Hard Anodized Black Fork Legs
Racetech Gold Valves, Respring + Revalve
Core Braided Brake Lines
Galfer 270mm Front Rotor
michelin starcross 5 tires
Pro taper Windham bend Evo Bars (oversized clamp)
Renthal 7/8 Bar w/ Red+White super cross Bar pad (7/8’s clamp)
Works connection elite clutch perch/Lever
ODI Troy Lee Designs Grip (Soft)
Pro Taper Aluminum Throttle Tube w/ Bearing
Works Connection Steering stem Nut
Works connection Hour Meter
Works connection Front brake reservoir Cap
Works connection billet Rear Brake reservoir cap
Pro Circuit Forged Brake Lever
Ride engineering Front Brake Line Clamp
Ride Engineering Rear Shock Linkage
Motion Pro Wheel Locks
Works Connection Valve Stem Caps
Boyesen clutch cover, Magnesium
Boyesen stator cover, Magnesium
Boyesen Water Pump Cover/Impeller, Magnesium
Hinson Clutch Plates/Fibers/Springs
Wiseco Piston
Hammerhead Billet rear Brake pedal w/ snake
Hammerhead oversized Billet shift lever
Hammerhead rear brake clevis
Vforce V3 Reeds/Intake
Twin air Filter Cage
Pro circuit axle blocks
Pro taper 520 gold chain
Pro taper 51 tooth rear sprocket
Talon Engineering 14 tooth front sprocket
Extreme carbon rear mud flap

Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
4/24/2019 5:46am
Can you show the carbon pipe mount? I want to do that. What thickness sheet did you do?
Lynch
4/25/2019 1:14am
Bike looks insane! Super trick
4/25/2019 9:22am
Clear Hi-Temp Cerakote ✅ [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/04/10/337577/s1200_40166375_902C_49CD_9971_E2D860FECAA6.jpg[/img]
Clear Hi-Temp Cerakote ✅
For the first time I got a factory finish pipe for my bike. I looked in to hi temp clear coat and clear powder coat to...
For the first time I got a factory finish pipe for my bike. I looked in to hi temp clear coat and clear powder coat to get around having to scrub and wd40 it after every ride. But I have heard that people say those two options will chip or once they get heated up they become tacky and dirt will stick to it.

So I’m curious if you have experience with how this hi temp cerakote holds up, or if it has those issues as well?
a couple hours on it — coating isn’t holding up terribly well the first few inches at the head, but perfect elsewhere— still worth it imo as that’s only 2 inches I gotta clean at this point haha
4/25/2019 9:24am
Can you show the carbon pipe mount? I want to do that. What thickness sheet did you do?
I only had to end up making this one as the other one ended up working— I just measured the thickness of the steel mount and went with the same sheet size in carbon
kdubsteezey
Fantasy
1247th
4/25/2019 9:43am
Looks so good!! Nice work man. I think I might have to fab up some carbon mounts now for the CR250 build I have going on!

And thanks for the heads on the pipe. Weird it sounds like the heat made the Cerakote come off, I figured it would scratch off from dragging through dirt since its heat rated over 800 degrees lol
shuggs
4/25/2019 10:52am
Very, very nice
chewy4063
4/25/2019 2:44pm
looks awesome, just needs some black fork guards!
4/30/2019 2:50am
Looks so good!! Nice work man. I think I might have to fab up some carbon mounts now for the CR250 build I have going on...
Looks so good!! Nice work man. I think I might have to fab up some carbon mounts now for the CR250 build I have going on!

And thanks for the heads on the pipe. Weird it sounds like the heat made the Cerakote come off, I figured it would scratch off from dragging through dirt since its heat rated over 800 degrees lol
Thanks a lot man! Very pleased with how she turned out haha— the carbon mount worked out great, although was s bit of s pain in the ass cutting the carbon with a jig saw— specialty blades are needed

And of course, the coating on the pipe was an ‘no ones done it, let’s give it a whirl!” Kinda thing haha. I want to say that the coating up by the header is still at least partially there as it’s not rusting and still appears to have a bif of a glazed look as seen below — this is after about 5 hours, the heat issues with the coating had not progressed much if any since the first ride, doesn’t look like it’s scratching or wearing through from my boot uetchecuh I’m quite pleased with!

4/30/2019 2:52am
chewy4063 wrote:
looks awesome, just needs some black fork guards!
Haha I actually like the look of the stock ones which is why I bought them— I was however planning on having black number plates to limit the white but rtech is sold out of replacement plastics globally
4/30/2019 2:54am
This is definitely one of my favorite carbon pieces on the bike— extreme carbon out of Spain I believe
kdubsteezey
Fantasy
1247th
4/30/2019 8:07am
Looks so good!! Nice work man. I think I might have to fab up some carbon mounts now for the CR250 build I have going on...

Thanks a lot man! Very pleased with how she turned out haha— the carbon mount worked out great, although was s bit of s pain in...
Thanks a lot man! Very pleased with how she turned out haha— the carbon mount worked out great, although was s bit of s pain in the ass cutting the carbon with a jig saw— specialty blades are needed

And of course, the coating on the pipe was an ‘no ones done it, let’s give it a whirl!” Kinda thing haha. I want to say that the coating up by the header is still at least partially there as it’s not rusting and still appears to have a bif of a glazed look as seen below — this is after about 5 hours, the heat issues with the coating had not progressed much if any since the first ride, doesn’t look like it’s scratching or wearing through from my boot uetchecuh I’m quite pleased with!

Oh yeah that still looks really good! I'd be stoked with that. I might have to give this a try... Running raw pipes up here in the PNW can be bit of a pain with all the rain and mud haha.
4/30/2019 8:11am

Thanks a lot man! Very pleased with how she turned out haha— the carbon mount worked out great, although was s bit of s pain in...

Oh yeah that still looks really good! I'd be stoked with that. I might have to give this a try... Running raw pipes up here in...
Oh yeah that still looks really good! I'd be stoked with that. I might have to give this a try... Running raw pipes up here in the PNW can be bit of a pain with all the rain and mud haha.
I feel your pain brother, I not only live in the mid Atlantic but 1/4 mile away from the Chesapeake bay haha.. corrosion n rust run shit— I’d definitely give it a go man, I’ll even give you title as vice pioneer of clear Cerakoting pipes! Lol
kdubsteezey
Fantasy
1247th
4/30/2019 9:13am
I feel your pain brother, I not only live in the mid Atlantic but 1/4 mile away from the Chesapeake bay haha.. corrosion n rust run...
I feel your pain brother, I not only live in the mid Atlantic but 1/4 mile away from the Chesapeake bay haha.. corrosion n rust run shit— I’d definitely give it a go man, I’ll even give you title as vice pioneer of clear Cerakoting pipes! Lol
Hahaha I'm stoked to be vice pioneer, I guess I better jump on it before someone else beats me to the punch and claims the title lol. We'd be like East and West coast Cerakote champions ??

You know what I'm talking bout then! haha All the rain makes the dirt rad tho!!!

I checked out and gave your IG a follow, looks good I can't get enough of those ?? 2 stroke builds!
5/1/2019 7:03am
I feel your pain brother, I not only live in the mid Atlantic but 1/4 mile away from the Chesapeake bay haha.. corrosion n rust run...
Hahaha I'm stoked to be vice pioneer, I guess I better jump on it before someone else beats me to the punch and claims the title...
Hahaha I'm stoked to be vice pioneer, I guess I better jump on it before someone else beats me to the punch and claims the title lol. We'd be like East and West coast Cerakote champions ??

You know what I'm talking bout then! haha All the rain makes the dirt rad tho!!!

I checked out and gave your IG a follow, looks good I can't get enough of those ?? 2 stroke builds!
Haha can definitely relate, rain does make for some superb track conditions— but it can also make riding tracks from March to early May near impossible! Appreciate the follow brotha, I started the page to fill the void related to a 2 stroke page that exclusively features high dollar custom builds— no one wants clapped out 99 CR125’s cloggin up their feed lol cheers!
bents
Fantasy
694th
5/2/2019 10:17pm
Amazeballs! One of the nicest YZ's I have ever seen. Congrats and the graphics kick ass.
5/3/2019 8:28am
bents wrote:
Amazeballs! One of the nicest YZ's I have ever seen. Congrats and the graphics kick ass.
Thanks brotha, appreciate it!! Yeah the graphics were an essential part of this build turning out the way it did, certainly a defining factor which I believe separates it from so many other nice Yz builds

Post a reply to: ‘16 YZ250 Black Dragon Build

The Latest