‘16 YZ250 Black Dragon Build

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2019 9:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2019 1:01 PM

Hi all, this is just an introductory post/pictures as I’ll post more once I have a chance to take more photos and parts come in. Below is the parts list off the top of my head as well as details about the other rad things I have in the (Suspension, graphics etc) that I have in the works.
Hope you all approve, Cheers! ????

Follow my Instagram @elite_2stroke_steeze (47,000 followers) for more Absurdly Nice Builds

Partial List of Parts:
Rtech Revolution Kit
Pro Pegs Titanium Pegs
Hammerhead Shifter
Hammerhead brake pedal
Pro circuit Triple Clamps
Haan Wheels (Bulldog spokes, Excel A60’s)
Twin Air Filter cage and bolt
Works connection elite perch
Galfer 280mm oversized front rotor
Works connection Steering stem bolt
Works connection rear brake reservoir cap
Works connection fork bleeders
Works connection tranny oil plug
Boyesen clutch and stator covers
Pro circuit 304 Silencer
Pro circuit Axel blocks
Pro taper Evo Bars (have 7/8 pc bar mount for Renthals)
Pro taper sprockets and chain
Factory effex B4 seat cover
Wiseco piston
Pro taper throttle tube
V-force V3

—Still to come—

Suspension:
Full racetech kit internals (I.e. gold valves etc. should be finished in a few weeks — here’s what it’s gonna look like
-rose gold Ti-nitride composite lowers n Hard anodized silver coated fork tubes and black lugs
-black hard anodized shock body, Bronze/rose gold accented components, Candy Red shock spring
— there’s more stuff going on internally and anodized parts externally that I’ll update on that once I get a rundown from Jason with SGB.

Graphics:
— Once Rtech’s US distributor gets their black Revo plastic kits in stock:
I will be employing N-style to make a custom set of blacked out (white accents) ‘00 or ‘01 YOT graphics with period seat cover
Cone Pipe:
—Dutch power racing (DPR) made to order cone pipe is on its way from holland, just cleared customs— this is a stock image in the mean time.
|

2/5/2019 5:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2019 5:57 AM

Cant wait to see it with the graphics. I dont know why everyone on Vital hates black plastics. I think they look super clean when done right. Tyler Beremans KX he rode in the X Games this year is one of my favorite bikes ever. Once you get it built you should just ride it over to Pastrana Land.. Haha

I grew up in Columbia not far from Annapolis. Have a couple of buddies that used to race BMX with Travis when they were kids.

|

2/5/2019 5:26 PM

Nice I like that pipe and those clamps and the wheels. Guess I like it all! I have a 2017 that is way too plain right now. Can’t wait to see the finished product

|

2/5/2019 6:26 PM

DistantReplay wrote:

Cant wait to see it with the graphics. I dont know why everyone on Vital hates black plastics. I think they look super clean when done right. Tyler Beremans KX he rode in the X Games this year is one of my favorite bikes ever. Once you get it built you should just ride it over to Pastrana Land.. Haha

I grew up in Columbia not far from Annapolis. Have a couple of buddies that used to race BMX with Travis when they were kids.

Thanks man! Tbh I’ve never had a black bike before and have a distaste for most of them— this one will be done right though— colorways are intended to balance everything out, white oem fork guards will stay— anyone who thinks blue Yz’s aren’t played out are fools— I’ve owned two, this is a 600 dollar aftermarket kit that you seldom see on the states— Who ever doesn’t think the black yot graphics are erection worthy are the same people that prolly use spoke Skins lol I live in Edgewater, road there a couple summers ago— his cousins track that butts up to his property is siick when properly tended to haha

|

2/5/2019 6:29 PM

Pirate421 wrote:

Nice I like that pipe and those clamps and the wheels. Guess I like it all! I have a 2017 that is way too plain right now. Can’t wait to see the finished product

Haha thanks man, it’s taken a lot of thought but I think when it’s all said and done it’ll be one of the most unique, clean looking yami builds we’ve seen mx fingers crosssed! Haha— Try our an rtech kit, so much you can do when you ditch the blue tank!

|

2/5/2019 8:04 PM

Excited to see how you like the DPR pipe! It looks awesome--- been thinking about one myself!

Keep up the good work!

|

2/6/2019 2:43 AM

nch209 wrote:

Excited to see how you like the DPR pipe! It looks awesome--- been thinking about one myself!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks man! No lie I’ve wanted one for 3-4 years— I hear as far as cones are concerned DPR make the best curve all around — I had one guy tell me that the fitment was kinda shitty, but when you hand make these things one off I’m sure that happens on occasion- can’t omagine it’d be something I couldn’t get a local metal shop to heat n twist for me haha. Pete (who I assume is the owner) was always pretty good in responding to emails within a few days, but his English is virtually non existent so heads up. It took me 1 1/2 half’ months from placing the order (they’re made once order is placed) to now having just cleared customs. But it looks cool, makes for a good story, and shouldn’t be too bad to jet (hopefully lol)

Thanks again for the kind words, I’ll definitley keep updating the page with photos d progress — cheers!

|

2/6/2019 5:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2019 5:12 PM

Took almost 2 months, but this bit finally arrived from Holland— Dutch Power Racing or (DPR)
|

2/7/2019 8:11 PM

There is some sick shit going on right here boys & girls.... ?
Subscribed!

|

2/7/2019 8:45 PM

cdoggy81 wrote:

There is some sick shit going on right here boys & girls.... ?
Subscribed!

Thanks man! Just had to up my bike insurance to 20k for theft, if it don’t look good for that price you’re doin somethin wrong haha— hope to havd suspension back in the next couple weeks— had this bit arrived today, riding in Pa with any regularity has done a number on my frame under the cases — one cash so deep it inherently can’t be but a hair off from a full puncture into the tubing all the way through the frame tube

|

2/16/2019 5:12 PM

Vent or nah? Thoughts are appreciated for my final product haha

Side note: Also put my pipe on today, as to be expected not an oem glove-like fitment.. but it’ll do, might move a mounting bracket over half an inch on the front of the chamber..
|

2/16/2019 6:06 PM

^Its hard to see what actually the fitment issue is. Looks dope though! Any way you can make a spacer or something, or is it going to require chopping and rewelding the mount?

|

2/16/2019 6:15 PM

nch209 wrote:

^Its hard to see what actually the fitment issue is. Looks dope though! Any way you can make a spacer or something, or is it going to require chopping and rewelding the mount?

Thanks man! It took a bit of juxtaposition to get the two mounted sections lined up with their respective mounts- it looks like everything is where it should be but each spacer needs a quarter inch extra to hold the pipe without “putting s little force behind it to quickly slide a bolt through— if the makes sense - could perhaps remedy the front one by moving it up slightly

|

2/16/2019 8:40 PM

Yeah I mean it’s nothin on him, he’s building these pipes without having the bike so I’m pretty impressed— the fifth of this thing is much larger as well, hoping this thing puts out exactly what you describe— it’s taken me years to move away from the stocker since it’s so good— but heard dpr has healthy pull in low n mid then n a bit more noticeable meat on top— I’m lookin forward to kickin the ole girl over to say the least!

|

2/16/2019 8:42 PM

Couldn’t upload earlier, here’s thd Revo fender carved out where stamped
|

2/17/2019 12:19 AM

nch209 wrote:

Elite2StrokeSteeze wrote:

Thanks man! It took a bit of juxtaposition to get the two mounted sections lined up with their respective mounts- it looks like everything is where it should be but each spacer needs a quarter inch extra to hold the pipe without “putting s little force behind it to quickly slide a bolt through— if the makes sense - could perhaps remedy the front one by moving it up slightly

Gotcha. Wonder if you could heat and beat the front mount into submission...

Hate to do it to a brand new pipe, but metal can be quite forgiving...

Best of luck! Looks wild!

|

2/17/2019 8:00 AM

nch209 wrote:

nch209 wrote:

Gotcha. Wonder if you could heat and beat the front mount into submission...

Hate to do it to a brand new pipe, but metal can be quite forgiving...

Best of luck! Looks wild!

I had briefly entertained that idea, but there’s only 4 spot welds holding the bracket on— just as easy to have it moved haha- and thanks for thd midn words man, I’m calling n-style tomorrow to start talks of having them make me a blacked out set of YOT graphics for thd rtech Revolution kit I run— hence the build name black dragon lol

|

2/17/2019 8:01 AM

If anyone has any ideas relative to the following I’m all ears!

Was thinking of trying to find a place that sells printer paper size sheets of carbon fiber and just fabricating extended versions of the oem anchors that are a bit short for the pipe- any idea where I could acquire such things? Any insight would gd great, cheers!

|

2/18/2019 3:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2019 3:32 PM

Buffed and ground excess welds, then used a hobby sized butane torch to achieve the desired effect.. tbh one of the top 5 most aggravating, surprisingly time consuming tasks in my 31 years on earth lol
|

2/18/2019 5:20 PM

“one of the top 5 most aggravating, surprisingly time consuming tasks in my 31 years on earth”
Truth!
Make sure to get all the good pics now bc the first time this bad boy touches the dirt it ain’t never gonna look this good again ? Ask me how I know... ?
On a serious note though it is looking really good!

|

2/19/2019 1:13 AM

nch209 wrote:

That back bracket should be flipped 180 degrees. The rubber side should bolt to the frame. Might help alittle with the fitment

|

2/19/2019 6:28 AM

nch209 wrote:

mwilcox349 wrote:

That back bracket should be flipped 180 degrees. The rubber side should bolt to the frame. Might help alittle with the fitment

Haha yeah I realize this-- unfortunately its the length of the bracket not the off set!

|

2/19/2019 6:39 AM

cdoggy81 wrote:

“one of the top 5 most aggravating, surprisingly time consuming tasks in my 31 years on earth”
Truth!
Make sure to get all the good pics now bc the first time this bad boy touches the dirt it ain’t never gonna look this good again ? Ask me how I know... ?
On a serious note though it is looking really good!

haha it hit me right after I finished that I'm gonna have to hop on getting the graphics made stat cuz I don't wanna put this thing on there before I have everything finalized for the photo shoot. I thought about maybe getting it clear ceramic coated, but haven't decided if that's the route I'm gonna go! Thanks for the kind words man, the feedback on it has made the aggravation worthwhile!

|

2/19/2019 9:27 AM

That would be a great idea to clear ceramic coat the pipe ??

|

2/19/2019 10:52 AM

cdoggy81 wrote:

That would be a great idea to clear ceramic coat the pipe ??

I'm on it! just got a quote for 90 bucks, well worth it imo haha

|

2/20/2019 6:37 PM

Can i buy just that tank and shrouds? I have an 18.

|

2/21/2019 6:56 AM

dedi684 wrote:

Can i buy just that tank and shrouds? I have an 18.

Yeah you should be able to find just the tank n shrouds from an Rtech distributor

|

3/7/2019 3:07 PM

Few more pics of my pipe after a lil more work with the torch. Off to get clear cerakoted, suspension should be back this week

|

3/7/2019 4:24 PM

Few more pics of my pipe after a lil more work with the torch. Off to get clear cerakoted, suspension should be back this week

How did you get a picture of brody pipe before him ? ( ps rm125 still competitive )

|

3/7/2019 4:36 PM

Clark_Griswold wrote:

How did you get a picture of brody pipe before him ? ( ps rm125 still competitive )

huh? Can’t say I understand the question man haha

|