04 rm125 rebuild

ecmx274
12/1/2020 4:35am
ecmx274 wrote:
I still have not tried it out but I got everything I need hopefully! I have been having issues with my front caliper pistons not retracting...
I still have not tried it out but I got everything I need hopefully! I have been having issues with my front caliper pistons not retracting all the way. After checking everything I think it’s from the cerakote inside the piston bore. Trick engineering did the cerakote so I assumed it wouldn’t be an issue but if it’s not that I don’t know what else it could be. Anyone have any ideas?is there a way to strip the cerakote from the inside without messing up the outside?

KVA_536 wrote:
Where to buy?
Man it took me a long time to find I ended up finding it used and then got the manuals on how to use it from jd. I did find a guy in Italy that may be able to get you the stuff. Pm me a pic of your Cdi and pics of all the connections. I can get you the map switch from another guy here in the USA $60.
12/1/2020 8:34am
ecmx274 wrote:
I had icw weld the seams on my radiators and make sure they were straight with no leaks. He does great work and has really fast...
I had icw weld the seams on my radiators and make sure they were straight with no leaks. He does great work and has really fast turn around times.
new galfer rotors I got a great deal off another vital member! Not sure if I will use the front yet as I may go with a oversized set up but we will see.

Do you have the part numbers for the Brake discs ? - Amazing build ..
ecmx274
12/1/2020 8:51am
ecmx274 wrote:
I still have not tried it out but I got everything I need hopefully! I have been having issues with my front caliper pistons not retracting...
I still have not tried it out but I got everything I need hopefully! I have been having issues with my front caliper pistons not retracting all the way. After checking everything I think it’s from the cerakote inside the piston bore. Trick engineering did the cerakote so I assumed it wouldn’t be an issue but if it’s not that I don’t know what else it could be. Anyone have any ideas?is there a way to strip the cerakote from the inside without messing up the outside?

jhansen510 wrote:
Have you reached out to Clayton? Guarantee you he will help you get sorted.
I have not I wanted to make sure it wasn’t my wrong doing first. I know he will he has the best customer service and turn around time I have dealt with within the industry. I know it’s a big argument if you should mask the bore on a caliper when cerakoting it. Some guys say you should and some say you shouldn’t I just know mine won’t retract. I used a prox rebuild kit and moose pistons on front and rear. Brake lines are new and both masters have been rebuilt. I have tried bleeding them everyway possible.
ecmx274
12/1/2020 8:53am
ecmx274 wrote:
I had icw weld the seams on my radiators and make sure they were straight with no leaks. He does great work and has really fast...
I had icw weld the seams on my radiators and make sure they were straight with no leaks. He does great work and has really fast turn around times.
new galfer rotors I got a great deal off another vital member! Not sure if I will use the front yet as I may go with a oversized set up but we will see.

Do you have the part numbers for the Brake discs ? - Amazing build ..
I do I checked them they are right.

The Shop

ecmx274
12/26/2020 3:13pm
Since it’s winter and I have not finished this build I decided I’m going to take it much farther then I already have. I’m going to cut as much weight as possible and do some other stuff I have in mind.
To start I decided to do ditch the 04 brakes and upgrade to a brand new take off 2017 rmz450 caliper and bracket on the front. Caliper was purchased from another vital member its cerakoted tungsten and I plan to cerakote the bracket shimmering silver. I took the rear caliper and hanger off my 06 and plan to cerakote the same. The 06 mounts up to the 04 perfectly you can use the 04 or 06 bracket, I plan to use the 06. The 06 design works much better in my opinion. The tusk brake lines I used are ok but the rear line has a different bend than stock where it mounts to the master cylinder and makes the line bend oddly. I ordered up some core Moto lines they have the right bends. Here’s a pic of the new front caliper, carbon rear caliper guard and a factory Suzuki billet exhaust to muffler connector.

ecmx274
12/26/2020 3:14pm
I do plan on adding all titanium hardware to both calipers including the pistons.
ecmx274
1/1/2021 1:47pm
Getting the rear caliper bracket ready for cerakote. Buffing is not necessary you can just clean it and go straight to sand blast but I like to get it nice and smooth then use 100 grit aluminum oxide media to blast. Incase your curious what I use for buffing and sanding it’s in the picture. I do use a 8” bench buffer as well but on these small parts I mostly use a dremel. I decided I’m going to do the cerakoting myself this time which I do have some experience with so it should turn out good. Like I mentioned in a previous post I’m using the rear caliper from a 06, it’s a direct bolt on to a 04. The 06 design does use a different caliper guard so if you plan to do the swap keep that in mind. You can also use the 06 caliper with the 04 bracket I opted for the 06 bracket due to being able to use the newer guard as there are more options available.

Post a reply to: 04 rm125 rebuild

The Latest