04 rm125 rebuild

ecmx274
8/11/2020 5:13pm
romain524 wrote:
I almost never post on the forum but I look regularly, I’m currently rebuilding a low hours 05 myself and it’s super cool to see all...
I almost never post on the forum but I look regularly, I’m currently rebuilding a low hours 05 myself and it’s super cool to see all the RM125 threads
Right it is super cool! You can follow my build on instagram @ecmxbuilds as well.
ecmx274
8/12/2020 1:36pm
Bolted up the new carbon flap!
ecmx274
8/13/2020 5:26pm
Wheels finally showed up! I got them through ksr who where great to deal with and made everything easy. They are ti color haan hubs and gold excels. Going to mount some tires when I get a chance and bolt them on!

The Shop

ecmx274
8/15/2020 8:12am
I have had so many different color combinations of wheels over the years and learned I like silver spokes no matter what color I’m running they always look good and as for rims I like gold or black no matter what bike I’m on. I have never had ti hubs but I love them they look great. I tried getting ti talon hubs but they were months out and haan hubs come with bearings,seals,spacers and all the hardware for rotors and sprocket so I was sold on haans after talking to several wheel companies.
ecmx274
8/27/2020 3:23pm
I love the look of these clamps. They except the 2020 plastics with no brackets and the angle of the front plate is right.

It wasn’t easy finding rainbow ti with the right size head for the front caliper but I found some and they look great!
ecmx274
8/27/2020 3:45pm
As long as my tires show up by the weekend I can finish this think! I do have to do some work to the seat. I ordered a complete motoseat and its great fits perfect but I hate the seat foam. It’s not as flat and just looks taller although it’s not their tall seat. I have heard others having the same problem so the first thing I’m going to try is sanding it down to match the oem seat. If I fail Im not sure if I should order a oem seat and wait or try the blackbird racing seat foam. The reason I think the blackbird seat foam may be a solution is they offer foam for the 2005-2008 model separately from 01-04. Most companies offer it 01-08. I thought Suzuki lowerd the seat foam in 04 but maybe I’m wrong and it was 05? Either way I will figure it out but if anyone knows another brand of foam that matches the height and density of oem and has actually seen it in person let me know please.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
8/28/2020 10:26pm
ecmx274 wrote:
As long as my tires show up by the weekend I can finish this think! I do have to do some work to the seat. I...
As long as my tires show up by the weekend I can finish this think! I do have to do some work to the seat. I ordered a complete motoseat and its great fits perfect but I hate the seat foam. It’s not as flat and just looks taller although it’s not their tall seat. I have heard others having the same problem so the first thing I’m going to try is sanding it down to match the oem seat. If I fail Im not sure if I should order a oem seat and wait or try the blackbird racing seat foam. The reason I think the blackbird seat foam may be a solution is they offer foam for the 2005-2008 model separately from 01-04. Most companies offer it 01-08. I thought Suzuki lowerd the seat foam in 04 but maybe I’m wrong and it was 05? Either way I will figure it out but if anyone knows another brand of foam that matches the height and density of oem and has actually seen it in person let me know please.
i bought foam for an 05 cuz i wanted the different profile for my 04. the seat base is different that accommodated a different foam wedge profile. i had to trim the foam to make it fit appropriately

they changed the seat height in 04 then again in 05
ecmx274
8/29/2020 3:31am
ecmx274 wrote:
As long as my tires show up by the weekend I can finish this think! I do have to do some work to the seat. I...
i bought foam for an 05 cuz i wanted the different profile for my 04. the seat base is different that accommodated a different foam wedge...
i bought foam for an 05 cuz i wanted the different profile for my 04. the seat base is different that accommodated a different foam wedge profile. i had to trim the foam to make it fit appropriately

they changed the seat height in 04 then again in 05
Thanks that’s good information. Was the 05 profile slimmer?
ecmx274
9/12/2020 10:02am
Update motor is done an bolted up! Wheels are on as well!

ecmx274
9/12/2020 10:10am
Working on getting the lectron to fit better. I got a new Oem intake boot and took the rad valve off and it fit a little better but not how I would like. It binds the air boot up a little so after a little research I think I may put the rad valve back on and have lectron make a shorter boot than the one it comes with. I’m not trying to cut my air boot so if all else fails I plan on using the stock carb with the dicks racing mods.
9/12/2020 12:55pm
The DEP/ HGS pipe are the best twostroke pipes on the market, they just aren't marketed well. I always get all three for all my bikes, I have to see, even if it costs me a grand in pipes, I recoop slinging the other two. The best on every bike always ends up being the DEP or HGS with the Bud Racing spec silencer. The best material quality is always FMF. The PC, IMO has the worst sounding can, but that's subjective. The DEP always have a little more diameter in the first and second turn area on a 250 than the PC or FMF, and they always have more top and over rev. I should specify for racing moto competitively. FMF might be the tits for Hard Enduro, I have no idea.

If I was running shelf pipes, the DEP /HGS are all I'd get anymore. With the skinny DEP or the Bud spec which is the same thing.
ecmx274
9/12/2020 1:52pm
Good what got me started rebuilding this thing was I needed more top and over rev. Hopefully I achieve the curve I’m looking for. I went with the dep shorty and I have a bud carbon silencer as well. I considered hgs but with no experience with them on this bike I had to choose off research and I think a dep will get me closer to the power curve I’m looking for.
ecmx274
9/13/2020 7:31pm
Still need to do some final touches. Modifying the seat currently and I’m still waiting on a jd Cdi that procircuit had in their old stock. I didn’t use the carbon engine covers on this motor I have a 06 bottom end that I’m going to match to this cylinder once I get this thing going I will continue to post the spare motor build! The new swing arm is still on back order also.
ecmx274
9/14/2020 1:38pm
Parts starting to show up for my next build. Anyone with some trick yz125 parts for sale let me know what you have. I’m looking for anything carbon and if someone has a new rtech kit they are not using I would be interested.
ecmx274
9/14/2020 7:36pm
Plan on using this once I get the stuff to program it myself. I got the Cdi from pc and I ordered a switch for it off eBay. Jd says I can get the stuff to program it from any of their distributors problem is there are no longer any distributors in the USA. I wanted the hpi but it took the owner far to long to get back to me and I had already got this. If I can’t get the stuff I need to program the jd I may order up an hpi. You can do so much with hpi I’m disappointed it took him so long to respond. If I understood the owner correctly it comes preprogrammed similar to stock and you can change it up however you want and the pricing is great compared to a vortex.
Jmicmoto13
9/15/2020 3:20am
Nice build. Makes my 2005 jealous. I put the Lectron on my RM125 a few months ago and I'm truly impressed with the bottom end it gives this bike. I'm 215 with gear and ride some aggressive off-road and it pulls me everywhere.
ecmx274
9/15/2020 9:13am
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Nice build. Makes my 2005 jealous. I put the Lectron on my RM125 a few months ago and I'm truly impressed with the bottom end it...
Nice build. Makes my 2005 jealous. I put the Lectron on my RM125 a few months ago and I'm truly impressed with the bottom end it gives this bike. I'm 215 with gear and ride some aggressive off-road and it pulls me everywhere.
Thank you. I focused on making the power band broader and pretty much based every mod off that. Hopefully the lectron helps. There’s still a few more things I have been looking into. There’s a company that would do some kind of air box mod to these bikes and I’m having a carbon subframe and air box made for it now. I love these old rms I plan on keeping this one for awhile.
Jmicmoto13
9/15/2020 9:17am
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Nice build. Makes my 2005 jealous. I put the Lectron on my RM125 a few months ago and I'm truly impressed with the bottom end it...
ecmx274 wrote:
Thank you. I focused on making the power band broader and pretty much based every mod off that. Hopefully the lectron helps. There’s still a few...
Thank you. I focused on making the power band broader and pretty much based every mod off that. Hopefully the lectron helps. There’s still a few more things I have been looking into. There’s a company that would do some kind of air box mod to these bikes and I’m having a carbon subframe and air box made for it now. I love these old rms I plan on keeping this one for awhile.
That's awesome. Sounds like some great mods. I unfortunately will be selling mine as I just had my 3rd kid and hadn't ridden much in the last few years. I'm sure I'll be posting it on the bazaar on here by end of this week! Keep up the great build!
ecmx274
9/15/2020 9:25am
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
ecmx274 wrote:
Thank you. I focused on making the power band broader and pretty much based every mod off that. Hopefully the lectron helps. There’s still a few...
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
That's awesome. Sounds like some great mods. I unfortunately will be selling mine as I just had my 3rd kid and hadn't ridden much in the...
That's awesome. Sounds like some great mods. I unfortunately will be selling mine as I just had my 3rd kid and hadn't ridden much in the last few years. I'm sure I'll be posting it on the bazaar on here by end of this week! Keep up the great build!
How much are you asking?
Jmicmoto13
9/15/2020 9:41am
ecmx274 wrote:
How much are you asking?
I'm gonna list it at $3,400 obo. Still has the original factory top end. Hadn't been ridden much in it's life. I've had it since 2017 and only ridden it 4 times. Has Lectron carb, skid plate, Universal Triple Clamps, carbon frame guards, new set of Michelin's unmounted, and a Pro Circuit head pipe.
ecmx274
10/8/2020 6:46am
Very small update! It was not easy but I finally found the hardware/software needed to create my own maps on the jd Cdi. Pc said it comes preprogrammed and the two maps are the same. They also said jds maps are really good. I plan on leaving map1 alone and I will use map2 to create my own at least till I learn what I’m doing. I have no experience at all with this type of thing so it should be fun!
ecmx274
10/14/2020 8:36am
I still have not tried it out but I got everything I need hopefully! I have been having issues with my front caliper pistons not retracting all the way. After checking everything I think it’s from the cerakote inside the piston bore. Trick engineering did the cerakote so I assumed it wouldn’t be an issue but if it’s not that I don’t know what else it could be. Anyone have any ideas?is there a way to strip the cerakote from the inside without messing up the outside?

KVA_536
11/30/2020 1:02pm
ecmx274 wrote:
This awesome piece showed up today! The one on the bike now is new but it’s soft compared to the oem part. When I found this...
This awesome piece showed up today! The one on the bike now is new but it’s soft compared to the oem part. When I found this I had to have it and they actually had an option of soft or normal. I went with the normal.
Such a good find, I email them to see if they would produce any for the KX's 03+
KVA_536
11/30/2020 1:10pm
ecmx274 wrote:
I still have not tried it out but I got everything I need hopefully! I have been having issues with my front caliper pistons not retracting...
I still have not tried it out but I got everything I need hopefully! I have been having issues with my front caliper pistons not retracting all the way. After checking everything I think it’s from the cerakote inside the piston bore. Trick engineering did the cerakote so I assumed it wouldn’t be an issue but if it’s not that I don’t know what else it could be. Anyone have any ideas?is there a way to strip the cerakote from the inside without messing up the outside?

Where to buy?
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
11/30/2020 5:57pm
ecmx274 wrote:
I still have not tried it out but I got everything I need hopefully! I have been having issues with my front caliper pistons not retracting...

Have you reached out to Clayton? Guarantee you he will help you get sorted.

Post a reply to: 04 rm125 rebuild

The Latest