Create New Tag

7/29/2020 3:21 AM

Framed and powder coated black. Photo

|

7/29/2020 3:27 AM

Anodized Kashima colorPhoto

|

7/29/2020 3:50 AM

I had both calipers cerakoted burnt bronze and the hangers black. The sight glass on both master cylinders were deleted then cerakoted burnt bronze. I actually found both power valve covers on eBay already coated the same color.
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

7/29/2020 3:52 AM

Some carbon Photo

|

7/29/2020 5:16 AM

The first time I built this bike i only did the motor and graphics. This time I want everything new or at least modified in some way. It had a 134 egr kit in it and I took that off purchased a new 05 cylinder and sent it to Tom Morgan for porting and to install the new power valves. I also purchased a wossner piston from him as he modifies them. I wanted to stay stock bore this time and compare. I sent along a phathead racing head with a 105+ octane insert for Tom to look at and make sure it would work well with his mods. He said it was as close as you could get to what he would have done if I had sent him a blank insert so no mods to the head were needed. Photo
Photo

|

7/29/2020 1:17 PM

Graphics by skda Photo

|

7/29/2020 3:12 PM

I got a surprise when I took the chain slider off so I sent the swingarm to motowhips to be welded. I wanted to have it polished and anodized but with it having a repair I was worried the color would vary to much so I had them powder coat it. It turned out great but I’m not a big fan of powder coat on a swingarm for durability purposes so I do have a new one on back order. This one looks so good I figure run it till I decide it looks bad and I will swap it to the new one. Photo
Photo
Photo

|

7/29/2020 3:20 PM

I decided to go with Tom Morgan’s recommendations so I ordered up red line oil and the dumonde tech break in oil. Every bike needs a hour meter so i went with a prox as I have had good luck with them on my other bikes. Photo

|

7/29/2020 5:31 PM

Man its going to be bad ass !

|

7/29/2020 6:23 PM

RAD60 wrote:

Man its going to be bad ass !

Thank you

|

7/29/2020 6:33 PM

Had Racetech respiring/revalve the forks for me. They also hard anodized the uppers bronze. I put new yellow polisport fork guards and if you look closely some bling with ss as3 black fork lug bolts and a zeta brake line guide. Photo

|

7/29/2020 6:46 PM

Excited to try out a lectron I have never had one till now! Photo

|

7/30/2020 3:37 AM

More parts! Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

7/30/2020 3:55 AM

Started bolting stuff up. The shock turned out great. Racetech resprung/revalved it and anodized the shock body. I had the smaller parts of the shock anodized blue to match the spring. I had some new ims ss pegs laying around so I bolted those on with the as3 ss bolt on foot peg pins. The bolt on pins are pretty cool I have never tried them but they look good. I used new oem hardware for the linkage.Photo

|

7/30/2020 4:16 AM

This is where I’m at now with it. There’s a few things i may change. The mud flap is new but I have a carbon one on the way so that will be swapped out. I may get some ti pegs as well.Photo

|

7/30/2020 4:19 AM

I went with the nickel plated bolts for the engine. Photo

|

7/30/2020 4:25 AM

Close up of the rear master! You can see I used some ti bolts in some areas as well.Photo

|

7/30/2020 5:49 AM

So I sent the bottom end out to be rebuilt months ago and the builder I sent it to never touched it so I had him send it back. I should have done it myself but at the time I did not have time and I need this done by September so I sent it to a local guy with all new parts after getting it back from the other builder. Got it back from the local guy and all looked good but I decided I would take the inner clutch cover off to put a 05 power valve governor in it ( the 04 did not open at the right time the 05 is much better) and I found he did not use any of the new parts except the crank. I ended up tearing it apart and doing it myself. I’m glad I tore it down the trans bearings needed replacing and upon inspection they did not replace with the new ones I sent it still had the originals. I should have sent it to Tom Morgan but at the time I was not aware of toms great work he did a great job on my top end and I will use him for years to come.

|

7/30/2020 1:42 PM

More carbon!Photo

|

7/30/2020 3:26 PM

I had icw weld the seams on my radiators and make sure they were straight with no leaks. He does great work and has really fast turn around times.Photo
new galfer rotors I got a great deal off another vital member! Not sure if I will use the front yet as I may go with a oversized set up but we will see.
Photo

|

7/30/2020 3:30 PM

I’m stuck on what i should do with the wheels. I don’t know if I want to go with gold or black rims and I think I have decided on hann hubs but not sure on color yet. I am keeping the stock wheels for spares.

|

7/30/2020 5:50 PM

Killer build so far. Who did you use for the nickel plated hardware?
I'm a sucker for gold wheels on a Zook. Gold wheels with red hubs could look real good on your bike.

|

7/30/2020 7:28 PM

Rickyisms wrote:

Killer build so far. Who did you use for the nickel plated hardware?
I'm a sucker for gold wheels on a Zook. Gold wheels with red hubs could look real good on your bike.

Thanks and I got them from fast metric

|

8/1/2020 9:36 AM

Front master rebuilt! I had to bolt the lever up I wanted to see how the rubber guard looked over stock. Also got my glide plate I feel is a must on a rm125. Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

8/1/2020 10:41 AM

Seat showed up I went with a complete seat from Moto seat. Photo

|

8/2/2020 9:30 AM

Ordering up wheels now! Should be about 10 to 15 days due to high demand right now. If anyone knows the guy that was making replica factory water pump guards for this bike please let me know as I would love to have one.

|

8/2/2020 7:48 PM

I’m doing a build on a rm125 right now too, but mines a 2002. Seeing your build makes me want to get my bike done ASAP! Your bike is looking amazing btw!

|

8/3/2020 4:45 AM

Jordan94 wrote:

I’m doing a build on a rm125 right now too, but mines a 2002. Seeing your build makes me want to get my bike done ASAP! Your bike is looking amazing btw!

I just checked it out looks great I had an 02 years ago it was a great bike. Mine will be done soon as I’m waiting on some pins for the bottom end should be here in the next few days and I can bolt the motor up. I have a 10 day wait before they will ship my wheels and hopefully I can find a triple clamp that I like in that time frame and I should able to finish it up but we will see. Thanks

|

8/5/2020 1:29 PM

Update triple clamps and forks on! Photo

|