03 KX500

Related:
Create New Tag

10/9/2018 11:06 AM


Made a little progress on my K5 this last week.

THANK YOU ZEKE FOR THE KIWI GREEN ; )


Photo

Photo

Photo
|

10/11/2018 1:42 PM

Looks awesome

|

10/12/2018 12:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2018 1:00 AM

Great job. You going the oem route?

|

10/12/2018 4:21 AM

am I crazy? I don't see any pics lol

|

10/13/2018 10:44 AM

Sidecar wrote:

Looks awesome

Thank you!
Typical money pit...lol

|

10/13/2018 10:47 AM

500crazy wrote:

Great job. You going the oem route?



Thank you!
Kind of. WPC treated transmission. Custom clutch cover mod. 2014 YZ450F KYB SSS front end
Smart performance shock. Custom CF silencer. Wossner rod and piston. KIPS polished. FMF pipe. Tusk wheels with SS spokes.
blah blah blah...lol.
|

10/13/2018 4:43 PM

Where can i get that paint? Whats a smart performance shock? Thanks ...

|

10/19/2018 7:36 AM

Joko wrote:

Where can i get that paint? Whats a smart performance shock? Thanks ...



https://www.prismaticpowders.com/

Dave at Smart Performance suspension. Great guy. Awesome suspension set up. He dialed the shock in using a his suspension dyno. He made my KYB SSS forks plusher than plush.
|

10/29/2018 3:48 PM

Do the kyb forks fit the stock clamps?

|

10/29/2018 5:00 PM

Garrett_Killian wrote:

Do the kyb forks fit the stock clamps?


Yes there are specific years that slide right in. Check KXguru FB page.
I used 2016 YZ250F forks.
I honed the bottom clamps out a few thousandths as opposed to prying the clamps open.
|

10/29/2018 7:33 PM

Garrett_Killian wrote:

Do the kyb forks fit the stock clamps?

Zerofear66 wrote:
Yes there are specific years that slide right in. Check KXguru FB page.
I used 2016 YZ250F forks.
I honed the bottom clamps ...more

What about the wheel what did you do for that

|

10/29/2018 8:43 PM

Garrett_Killian wrote:

Do the kyb forks fit the stock clamps?

Zerofear66 wrote:
Yes there are specific years that slide right in. Check KXguru FB page.
I used 2016 YZ250F forks.
I honed the bottom clamps ...more
Garrett_Killian wrote:

What about the wheel what did you do for that

I used a matching YZ wheel. Rotor, front brake set up.

|