03’ CR125 Build

ktm_34
Edited Date/Time 12/12/2018 5:56am
Hi guys .

After seeing many many builds in the forums , I decided that I would love to do my own build !

To see what some of you guys managed to do is nothing short of amazing . It really inspired me to go and do the same .

I first started to check online for a CR125 that wasn’t in too bad shape , then saw this puppy . Bought the bike then in August .

Bike definitely needed some work , but I was up for the challenge.

This was after the first wash , was already looking way better at that point.

I had a very strict (low) budget that I needed to keep to, So I accumulated most of the parts over a few months.

Things started to get some traction in November , was able to get most of the stuff done .

First up it was the shock. It was in horrible condition . My friend at Cycleworx suspension helped me out with a full Shock rebuild

Then the time came for the wheels to be stripped.

Unfortunately couldn’t get some spokes loose so I had to cut a few . Luckily I had a few spare spokes lying around and my guy doing the engine had a few nipples laying around his workshop .

As you can see below , the wheels were in bad shap , oxidation started to form , I guess it was due to water being in between the rim and tube ?

Next up it was cleaning up the rims and take them to get anodized .

This is after anodizing was done and I already started lacing up the front wheel .

Think this is it for now , don’t want to get ahead of myself Smile

Will do another update later on .
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/5/2018 7:46pm
Awesome man! Never was a fan of the cr’s then, but I dig the builds now!
ktm_34
12/12/2018 5:56am
Thanks guys Smile

Next update will be up shortly

Post a reply to: 03’ CR125 Build

The Latest