'00 Splitfire/PC KX125

Related:
Create New Tag

9/8/2017 12:16 AM

Photo

|

9/8/2017 12:18 AM

Photo

|

9/8/2017 12:23 AM

Photo

|

9/8/2017 12:24 AM

Photo

|

9/8/2017 3:37 AM

You're a pretty good machinist that carb canister and stuff looks so cool.

|

9/8/2017 3:47 AM

motomike894 wrote:

Oh trust me I got access to anything and everything I want.

And when I get my bikes all done I will post them and then ...more

You own a kx125 yet the only PC part on the bike is a pipe. If you know Mitch so well I would expect at least a few other things since he is so hand and foot to your part needs.

|

9/8/2017 5:14 AM

m.hardesty16 wrote:

You're a pretty good machinist that carb canister and stuff looks so cool.

Thanks man, I try!! I still have to put it on the bike!

|

9/8/2017 12:01 PM

Kyle220 wrote:

Thanks man, I try!! I still have to put it on the bike!

Where does it go on the bike? Considering its round I would imagine it doesnt go up against the frame like most do. Do you also do machining for a living?

|

9/9/2017 8:57 PM

m.hardesty16 wrote:

You're a pretty good machinist that carb canister and stuff looks so cool.

Kyle220 wrote:

Thanks man, I try!! I still have to put it on the bike!

m.hardesty16 wrote:

Where does it go on the bike? Considering its round I would imagine it doesnt go up against the frame like most do. Do you ...more

You can pretty much mount it anywhere the hoses will reach, most people including the actual team mounted it at the bottom of the frame above the Kickstarter. If you zip tie it with a piece of foam behind it it will stay in place.

|

9/11/2017 12:06 PM

Kyle220 wrote:

You can pretty much mount it anywhere the hoses will reach, most people including the actual team mounted it at the bottom of ...more

Can you machine stuff for other people like a lowering link? I can't find one for my bike any where.

|

9/12/2017 6:18 AM

Awesome job!! Labor of love

|

9/14/2017 9:49 AM

Photo

Carbon mud flap braces I machine cut and hand finished.
|

9/14/2017 10:26 AM

Awesome Kyle been following/lurking smile Who did you user for your raw carbon for these? I have an idea smile

|

9/14/2017 4:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2018 4:48 AM

rhalsted wrote:

Awesome Kyle been following/lurking smile Who did you user for your raw carbon for these? I have an idea smile

.

|

9/15/2017 7:57 AM

Great job, dream bike!

|

9/17/2017 12:23 AM

One of the pieces I've been wanting to have on the bike is the super rare DSP lower fork lug guard. I saw one on eBay for $200 but couldn't pull the trigger on it. I've made a few carbon pieces for my builds using raw carbon weave and 2 part resin so I decided to give it a shot. Took 2 tries but was totally worth it!Photo

|

9/17/2017 12:24 AM

Photo

|

9/17/2017 12:25 AM

Photo

|

9/17/2017 4:37 AM

Photo

|

9/17/2017 4:38 AM

Photo

|

9/17/2017 5:07 AM

BigDaddyG wrote:

Great job, dream bike!

Thanks man!

|

9/17/2017 6:43 AM

Looks great Kyle.

|

9/17/2017 10:23 AM

Sweet build!

|

#1
KX125

9/17/2017 6:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/17/2017 6:44 PM

Such a huge thumbs up on this one. The lower guard you recently posted looks great! Will have to go back to page one again tomorrow evening.w00t

|

9/17/2017 6:42 PM

Photo

|

9/18/2017 6:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2017 6:04 PM

Sweet build! My buddy actually has one of the Carmichael bikes from this year they plan to restore. He raced it and a Scott Sheak bike as 125 Mod bikes back in the day.

PS that fork guard is sick!

|

9/19/2017 8:59 PM

KMacD720 wrote:

Sweet build! My buddy actually has one of the Carmichael bikes from this year they plan to restore. He raced it and a Scott ...more

That's badass. If I had an actual Carmichael bike I'd never sell it haha. And thanks, that fork guard took me a long ass time to make and I'm glad it turned out good! This bike wasn't supposed to go as far as it has, but it's to the point now where I'm trying to work out every little detail. It will probably never be finished haha.

|

9/28/2017 10:33 AM

Photo

Finally got the carbon mudflap brace on the bike!
|

9/29/2017 7:10 PM

Wow, awesome build Kyle!
-Joe

|

9/30/2017 11:03 AM

Kyle220 wrote: Photo

Finally got the carbon mudflap brace on the bike!

Look Awsome, give me a call when you can

|