Vital Admins, Programmers, Staff, IT Guys

Anonymous (not verified)
5/7/2019 6:44am
Hello,

I posted about this in the Dumbgeon, but don't want it to get lost in the shuffle, so thought I'd post it up here too.

Would you please consider adding an ignore feature? It would be so nice, with just a click, to put some of these angry dummies on ignore. Ideally, such a feature would completely hide any and all posts from the person selected to be ignored. If you have facebook, think of their block feature. Once someone is blocked, they can't see your posts and you can't see theirs.

I do realize that I can self-monitor by not selecting to read threads posted by the known grifters, liars, know-it-alls, charlatans, scammers, fakers, angry dummies etc. However, Vital has so many posters that it is often hard to remember who the posters are with the mental disorders, anger issues, passive-aggressive tendencies, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, phobias, bipolar disorder, mood disorders, eating disorders, etc. Not to mention the nuts with numerous accounts.

What do you think? Is it doable? Thank you for your time.
|
bmcd70
5/7/2019 8:53am
Anonymous wrote:
Hello, I posted about this in the Dumbgeon, but don't want it to get lost in the shuffle, so thought I'd post it up here too...
Hello,

I posted about this in the Dumbgeon, but don't want it to get lost in the shuffle, so thought I'd post it up here too.

Would you please consider adding an ignore feature? It would be so nice, with just a click, to put some of these angry dummies on ignore. Ideally, such a feature would completely hide any and all posts from the person selected to be ignored. If you have facebook, think of their block feature. Once someone is blocked, they can't see your posts and you can't see theirs.

I do realize that I can self-monitor by not selecting to read threads posted by the known grifters, liars, know-it-alls, charlatans, scammers, fakers, angry dummies etc. However, Vital has so many posters that it is often hard to remember who the posters are with the mental disorders, anger issues, passive-aggressive tendencies, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, phobias, bipolar disorder, mood disorders, eating disorders, etc. Not to mention the nuts with numerous accounts.

Thanks for the input. We have no immediate plans to implement a blocking feature, but it is an idea that we discuss every so often.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4250th
7/26/2019 2:23am
Anonymous wrote:
Hello, I posted about this in the Dumbgeon, but don't want it to get lost in the shuffle, so thought I'd post it up here too...
Hello,

Hey!!! Eating disorders are fine unless they stain your keyboard and make it all sticky. Unsure

I don't see the "hard" version of ignore as feasable. It could be used to banish some decent people... ffs... even photo threads get downvotes these days.

But "soft" version of ignore that basically reports thread/post and suggests mods to act is good idea and quite common on the interwebz.
7/30/2019 5:53pm
Dear Vital it guys, more, etc. It seems as if an ignore "angry dummies" feature is not coming anytime soon. Probably best for me as I'd have to ignore myself.

Beyond that, I hate the mobile app. Don't feel bad, I pretty much hate all mobile apps. However, I can't post pictures using "desktop" on my phone. All other features are available and useable on my phone. I use Chrome. I get nothing when I select "Upload Photos" on my phone. Never a problem on my desktop.

While we're at it, lately I've been unable to send PMs on my desktop. No problem on my phone. Weird.

Any ideas?
LoudLove
8/3/2019 12:56pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2019 12:56pm
And what's a "500 Error"? We had a cool little aviation discussion going and it appears to have disappeared. Stealth thread, maybe?

The Shop

8/4/2019 5:24pm
LoudLove wrote:
And what's a "500 Error"? We had a cool little aviation discussion going and it appears to have disappeared. Stealth thread, maybe?
As you can see, the chance of receiving an answer here runs about 50-50. Not sure why that is. No money to hire folks? Laziness? Not knowledgeable enough to answer? It's a crap shoot.
MasonMan
7/11/2020 6:29pm
The big boys learn to live with trolls

Post a reply to: Vital Admins, Programmers, Staff, IT Guys

The Latest