Downvotegate 2019

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2019 1:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2019 12:25 AM

Dear admins, fellow companions on this forum

this is an open letter adressing something strange i encountered recently. In one particular thread it appeared to me that i downvoted multiple posts in there (those posts had more than one downvote which might not be related). I don't remember downvoting anything. I generally try to not downvote anything.

Has anyone ever encountered the same issue?

Thank you for adressing my concerns in foreseeable future.

Sincerely George from 2019 AD

|

- Filthy Euro
- Silly prankster
- Life-long Zook fan
- Rooting for all privateers on this rotating ball of carbon, hydrogen, silicon and poop

8/29/2019 2:35 PM

Last Braaap wrote:

Dear admins, fellow companions on this forum

this is an open letter adressing something strange i encountered recently. In one particular thread it appeared to me that i downvoted multiple posts in there (those posts had more than one downvote which might not be related). I don't remember downvoting anything. I generally try to not downvote anything.

Has anyone ever encountered the same issue?

Thank you for adressing my concerns in foreseeable future.

Sincerely George from 2019 AD

Hello, I just checked and do not see any forum posts downvoted by you (lots of upvotes, though). Did you happen to undo the downvotes that you saw? Also, in which forum topic did you see this issue? Thanks.

|

9/6/2019 12:13 AM

aaronvitalmx wrote:

Hello, I just checked and do not see any forum posts downvoted by you (lots of upvotes, though). Did you happen to undo the downvotes that you saw? Also, in which forum topic did you see this issue? Thanks.

Hello, thanks for response.

Yeah i did undo all the downvotes. Silly thing is i think they were all on one page of one thread (probably some MXoN or MXGP related stuff). i can't recall the exact threat now. Sry for inconvinience i keep checking and document it better if i even encounter it again. Thanks.

|

- Filthy Euro
- Silly prankster
- Life-long Zook fan
- Rooting for all privateers on this rotating ball of carbon, hydrogen, silicon and poop

11/1/2019 3:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2019 3:37 PM

I notice this often too! I came into this section to make a thread but somewhat glad to see I'm not losing my mind.

I will be reading through a thread and notice my little 'thumb down' icon is highlighted meaning I've downvoted the comment, but it's the first time I'm reading/seeing the comment and I know for a fact I haven't or wouldn't have gave it a thumbs down. I will then undo the thumbs down. The next time I come across one that I didn't actually vote on I will share it here to see if it helps.

Actually, This thread right here has a bunch of comments that it says I have downvoted:

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Works-Edition-Honda-Graphics-shrouds,1367202

Sometimes when I load it, the posts then have thumbs up because I cleared off the thumbs down.

|

11/5/2019 3:36 PM

Yep happens to me also, and when I'm not even logged in?

|

11/5/2019 5:58 PM

To anyone currently experiencing this - if you see this happening on a page, please add a post to that page (do not click on the thumbs to undo), check if your downvotes are gone after the page refreshes, and let me know here if that is the case. Hopefully that will shed some light on what is happening. Thanks!

|

11/22/2019 10:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2019 10:15 PM

This thread says I've downvoted the original post and Boomslangs post but I actually never voted on them either way.I haven't clicked them since that was suggested.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Traveling-Intern-job-Team-Tedder-KTM,1368266#post_4354513

|

11/26/2019 7:08 PM

|

11/29/2019 1:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2019 1:32 PM

Problem should be fixed now, if you see it again, please update this thread to let us know, thanks.

* Please note that the downvotes visible weren't actually owned by anyone experiencing the problem, it was just a caching issue that made it appear so.

|

12/16/2019 4:21 AM

aaronvitalmx wrote:

Problem should be fixed now, if you see it again, please update this thread to let us know, thanks.

* Please note that the downvotes visible weren't actually owned by anyone experiencing the problem, it was just a caching issue that made it appear so.

Thanks for resolving that. I came independently also to the realisation that those were "phantom" downvotes that showed only to me.

On the other hand now poll's numbers seem to be f...ridged big time. It's tought to be admin here i suppose.

|

- Filthy Euro
- Silly prankster
- Life-long Zook fan
- Rooting for all privateers on this rotating ball of carbon, hydrogen, silicon and poop