New For 2011:
• New clutch lever and pushrod for more consistent clutch feel during long motos.
• The rearward-slanted engine allowed engineers to design straight intake and exhaust ports, creating the most direct path for air flow into the fuel-injected engine for incredible performance.
• The YZ450F uses a battery-less fuel injection system with a 12-hole injector for superb fuel atomization. The 44mm Keihin® throttle body is designed for easy starting, with an integrated cold start and idle speed adjustment knob. Yamaha FI provides optimal air/fuel mixtures in all altitudes and wide range of temperatures for outstanding throttle response.
• 14 volt / 110W high output generator powers the battery less fuel injection system.
• 4-titanium valve cylinder head with a “pent-roof” design combustion chamber provides excellent combustion efficiency and unequalled power output.
• Intake and exhaust camshaft profile changes to increase valve working angle and valve lift for most excellent performance at all rpm.
• The bigger 97.0mm bore and shorter 60.8mm stroke, along with a higher 12.5:1 compression ratio, create a combustion chamber that delivers really impressive power.
• The air filter case is changed to accommodate the engine layout. Putting it up front keeps dirt and dust kicked up from the rear tire away from the intake system.
• “Tornado-style” exhaust header with resonator efficiently scavenges exhaust gasses and helps the engine achieve its exceptional low-to-mid range torque characteristics, while the 150mm-longer muffler comfortably meets the latest noise standards without a sacrifice of power.
• Clutch and transmission components have been designed to give the rider great shifting feel.
• The aluminum Bilateral Beam frame is crafted from a carefully chosen combination of forged and extruded aluminum, 16 components in all, for the right rigidity balance and light weight. A very symmetrical chassis design promotes nimble handling, letting riders enter and exit corners as quickly as possible to put the competition behind them.
• Skid plate is constructed from tough polypropylene for great protection and low weight.
• The swingarm and rear shock are redesigned, with the shock mounted along the central axis of the frame, taking advantage of the space no longer needed for the front-mounted airbox. This optimized combination delivers exceptionally linear performance for excellent bump absorption and awesome cornering ability.
• The KYB® Speed Sensitive front fork has excellent feel and shock absorption.
• KYB® rear shock with large capacity piggy back reservoir and 50mm piston for more consistent damping control.
• Fuel tank is positioned underneath the seat, contributing to the centralized mass. The seat is long and flat for to allow free rider movement.
• Rear sprocket shape has a trick appearance and is light weight.
• The triple clamps are designed, with a change in offset from 25 to 22 mm for unequalled cornering performance. The ProTaper® bars are four-way adjustable to accommodate a wide range of riders.
• The front and rear fenders, along with the number plate, side cover and front fork protector have been designed for an aggressive look. A minimalistic design is used to accentuate the handling character of the bike. Less plastic is used to expose and enhance the lightweight aluminum frame.
• Fuel pump is small and lightweight, as is the compact transistor ignition unit.
• Riders have a choice of two color options: Team Yamaha Blue and White or White and Red.
Please refer to the Yamaha Accessories & Apparel Catalog or go to yamaha-motor.com.
* Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.