|| Key Features:
- Ongoing refinement to chassis and engine produce an amazingly balanced, light-handling machine with performance that's accessible to all levels of riders.
- Five-titanium valve engine spins out amazing torque and horsepower all the way to 13,500 RPM.
- A carefully tuned aluminum frame made up of forgings, weldings, castings and tubing means sharp, super-precise handling.
- Increased mass centralization and 2.5-pound weight reduction provides fantastic overall balance and performance.
- A ProTaper aluminum handlebar in adjustable clamps, Excel rims, titanium footpegs and shock spring are just a few tricks up the YZ250F's sleeve.
New for 2007:
- Carburetion, ignition and other modifications provide more top-end performance and over-rev ability.
- The engine mounting angle has been changed; rotating the cylinder head rearward changes the balance of the machine for compactness and sharp handling. Smaller engine mounting bolts and other things add up to 2.5 pounds less weight.
- Moving the steering head 3mm rearward makes the bike super-nimble turning into tight corners and carves tight lines.
- Replacing the upper cast triple clamp with a light and strong forging, slightly reducing steering head rigidity, and the use of lighter outer fork tubes, lighter wheel rims and light wave-type brake rotors add up to super-accurate, super-responsive steering.
- A lighter front brake caliper and master cylinder with smaller pistons saves weight; a new front brake lever gives excellent feel. The result is outstanding braking power and less unsprung front-end weight.
- Increasing the length of the rear shock by 1.5mm further sharpens handling. Replacing steel damping adjusters with aluminum ones removes more weight from the four-way adjustable, titanium-sprung rear suspension unit.
- New exhaust pipe works with engine changes to boost top-end response while adhering to 2007 AMA noise regulations.
- This year’s ProTaper aluminum handlebar bend raises the grips 8mm for an expanded cockpit. Forged bar clamps reduce weight for superior handling.
- Liquid-cooled, 249cc, five-titanium-valved, DOHC, four-stroke is powerful and highly tractable, with a 13,500-rpm redline for broad, competition-crushing pulling power.
- 37mm Keihin FCR flat-slide carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS) ensures precise fuel/air mixing and lightning-quick throttle response.
- CDI ignition provides a hot, consistent spark across the powerband for right-now throttle response.
- Light, dished forged piston reduces reciprocal mass and friction for faster revving and excellent durability.
- Lightweight titanium header pipe (with titanium heat shield) flows into a new aluminum silencer for maximum power.
- Cylinder body and crankcase feature a large cut-away section to reduce pumping loss and increase mid-range performance.
- Primary kickstarting with automatic decompression and convenient handlebar-mounted hot start lever ensures easy restarts.
- Slick, five-speed transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch features an involute spline set-up, ensuring smooth shifting and instant hook-up under power.
- Magnesium cylinder head cover helps shave weight.
- Trick, works-style clutch lever features race-spec barrel adjuster for on-the-fly adjustability.
- The dry sump oil tank now has an internal partition for better oil flow, and revised oil lines reduce weight.
- Aluminum frame uses a mix of alloy castings, forgings and extrusions to produce a tuned-flex frame that makes the YZ250F the best handling bike in its class.
- Speed-Sensitive System 48mm Kayaba fork places transfer control valves (TCV) above the fork springs, so that damping force is controlled by piston speed: Eliminating mid-stroke damping force changes provides a smoother, more precise ride.
- Titanium-sprung four-way adjustable rear shock with Kashima-coated internals reduces friction for fantastic compliance and great handling.
- Removable aluminum rear subframe constructed of square-section tubing for light weight and easy maintenance - lighter fasteners for 2007 enhance weight distribution and handling.
- Lightweight front wheel hub for reduced unsprung weight and increased durability.
- Lightweight front and rear brake calipers with aluminum pistons, combined with new wave-style rotors reduce unsprung weight and deliver strong stopping power with progressive feel.
- Premium Dunlop knobbies offer unbeatable, competition-spec traction and great wear.
- Lightweight 21-inch front and 19-inch rear Excel rims are exceptionally durable and reduce unsprung weight.
- “Gripper” style seat cover offers excellent feel and control.
- Wide, cleated, folding titanium footpegs are lightweight and provide excellent comfort, grip and ground clearance.
- Cleated rear brake lever and folding shift lever tip offer superb grip and excellent durability.
- Durable, comfortable handlebar grips.
- Stainless steel clutch cable for longer life.