• 249cc liquid-cooled reed-valve-inducted two-stroke engine is lightweight, compact and features an incredibly wide, hard-hitting powerband.
• Patented YPVS® power-valve system combines crisp, hard-hitting, bottom-end acceleration with strong midrange and eye-opening top-end.
• Special-design carbon fiber reed-valve petals improve throttle response and engine performance across the entire rpm range.
• Smooth-shifting, five-speed, close-ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch.
• Primary kickstarter ensures smooth, easy starting action and reduced weight.
• Large-capacity radiator features a ten-row core with four louvers for maximum cooling efficiency.
• 38mm Keihin® PWK carburetor with power jet and throttle position sensor (TPS) ensures precise fuel/air mixing and extra-crisp throttle response throughout the powerband.
• Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark for faster, stronger response anywhere in the powerband.
• Trick, works-style clutch lever features race-spec barrel adjuster for on-the-fly adjustability.
• YZ250F-style front-brake caliper and wave-style front and rear discs minimize unsprung weight and provide excellent stopping power.
• The KYB® 48mm forks feature the Speed-Sensitive System that uses piston speed to control damping force for super-precise handling and a smooth ride.
• A carefully engineered, advanced aluminum frame and swingarm give the YZ250 the best handling in the 250 class.
• Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
• Rear, fully adjustable KYB® shock features a super-light titanium shock spring and reduced-friction Kashima coating of internals. 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort all add up to fantastic rear wheel control and a sweet ride.
• Lightweight 21-inch front and 19-inch rear Excel rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension, performance and handling.
• Tapered rear wheel spacers ease sliding the rear wheel into place for quicker tire changes.
• Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer race-spec traction and wear.
• Wide, cleated, folding titanium footpegs are lightweight and provide excellent comfort, grip and ground clearance.
• Special-design “gripper” type seat and fuel tank, forward-canted steering crown and low handlebar provide excellent movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
• Wide-diameter fuel tank cap ensures easier usage, while larger tank opening means faster, hassle-free refueling.
• A light and strong ProTaper® aluminum handlebar in adjustable mounts means comfort and control.
• Premium drive chain has gold-colored plates for outstanding looks.
• Use of light box-head bolts throughout the chassis eases maintenance while reducing weight and increasing performance.
• Repackable exhaust silencer.
• Durable, comfortable handlebar grips.