2013 Fox Instinct Reed A1 LE Boots 1
Developed in conjunction with the assistance of Ricky Carmichael, the new Instinct Boot from Fox is a premium offering which is soon to lead the pack.
The Fox Instinct Reed Boots have undergone the most extensive product wear testing in the history of Fox. Six prototypes and hundreds of test boots over three-years evolved into the Instinct of today, with the final result being a clear elevation of motocross boots and performance. The Instinct objective was to produce a boot with exceptional ankle support with a hinge design that keeps a subtle, leather boot feel with instant comfort and no break-in time. A unique, new buckle utilizes a lever system with friction enclosure. No pins are used. This buckle is made to last the life of boot.
- Comfort and Support:
- Insole: The athletic footbed acting as the first stage in Instincts progressive cushioning system is similar to one that you would find in a running shoe.
- Shank: Imbedded in the Polyurethane midsole, the shank design is perfectly positioned to provide arch support while letting the front of the foot and boot flex for bike interface and walking comfort.
- Midsole: The PU (Polyurethane) midsole provides amazing step-in comfort and vibration dampening. The embedded tempered Steel Shank is encapsulated in the PU material giving the Instinct footpeg arch support and awesome comfort (Patented Design).
- Heel: The strategically placed TPU Heel Stabilizer provides heel and arch support.
- Out sole: Features Fox's DURATAC rubber compound that disperses vibrations from the bike, provides amazing grip and outstanding durability (Lifetime Guarantee).
- All new Patented buckle design that utilizes a pivoting clasp system.
- By using a spherical locking head, the Instinct buckle works like a ball and socket joint. The clasp pivots 8 degrees in both directions allowing for automatic natural alignment of the straps.
- Easy to use, smooth operation time and time again.
- Buckles move with boot as it flexes.
- RCI (Ride Control Interface): The entire outsole and medial side of the boot is shaped and textured to provide the rider with unobstructed contact with the bike.
- LRC (Low Ride Chassis): Gets the riders foot lower and closer to the footpeg. Lower toe box provides easier shifting and better rear brake feel and control.
- DURATAC rubber compound on the outsole, burn guard and hinge cover was engineered exclusively by Fox's development team. The goal was to achieve optimal grip with bulletproof durability.
- Fluid Movement:
- FRE Hinge design (Full Response Engineering): Provides a controlled range of movement allowing effortless linear mobility and incredible lateral stability.
- Patented hinge lock-out stops rear motion before hyper extension.
- Top of boot gasket creates a secure seal. hook-and-loop was eliminated to offer increased mobility.
- Limited Sole Warranty:
- The DURATAC outsole carries a limited wear warranty. Consult the Users Manual for warranty details.
Motosport.com Price: $549.99