Supercross Racers Chad Reed, Justin Brayton And Cody Gilmore Wear Blue At Cowboy Stadium To Support Autism Awareness
Texas Wesleyan University, The Comfort Suites in North Fossil Creek, and Gaylord Texan Hotel Will Light Up Blue on April 1 and 2 as Part of Global Initiative to Shine a Bright Light on a Growing Public Health Crisis
Supercross racers Chad Reed, Justin Brayton and Cody Gilmore will wear blue shirts all weekend at Dallas Cowboy Stadium during the Monster Energy AMA Supercross to support World Autism Awareness Day and Autism Awareness Month. They join other local supporters including Dallas/Fort Worth’s Texas Wesleyan University, The Comfort Suites North Fossil Creek, and Gaylord Texan Hotel which will illuminate with special blue lights on the evening of Friday, April 1 and/or April 2 in support of Autism Speaks’ global Light It Up Blue campaign to celebrate World Autism Awareness Day (April 2) and Autism Awareness Month. Over 700 iconic landmarks, airports, bridges, sports arenas, museums, concert halls, restaurants as well as retail, corporate and media partners in over 120 U.S. cities and 30 countries will light up in bright blue that evening to raise awareness and shine a light on autism as a growing public health crisis now affecting 1 in every 110 American children.
Ways members of the community can support Autism Speaks Light It Up Blue campaign:
· Light windows or homes with specially marked blue light bulbs and LED lanterns sold exclusively at Home Depot stores nationwide
· Download the FREE LIUB iPhone App at the iTunes Store and turn your own pictures blue with a choice of five different style frames
· Bake puzzle piece shaped cookies and frost them with blue icing, then bring them to your school, work or place of worship to raise autism awareness
- Wear blue clothing and the Autism Speaks puzzle piece pin on April 2 and ask your co-workers, schools and friends to wear blue too. Take pictures and add them to our Flickr gallery at www.lightitupblue.org
· Build a Blue Website and ask friends and family to support Autism Speaks by making a donation to your personal page
- For other unique and fun ideas visit Light It Up Blue website at www.lightitupblue.org
DATE: Friday April 1
TIME: Beginning at dusk
PLACE: Texas Wesleyan University – Fort Worth – 1201 Wesleyan St
The Comfort Suites North Fossil Creek – Fort Worth - 3751 Tanacross Drive
Gaylord Texan Hotel – Grapevine - 1501 Gaylord Trail
Supercross at Cowboy Stadium - 1 Legends Way, Arlington, Go to stadium.dallascowboys.com for times and ticket availability.