Pro Speed Secrets " Go Faster Safer Now"

NeWskoolmxer
1/27/2012 3:44pm
when going through a corner I know to put weight on the outside peg. But how much? Should I weight the peg so much I am basically standing a small bit off the seat or just put a bit of pressure on the peg?
1/27/2012 8:24pm
when going through a corner I know to put weight on the outside peg. But how much? Should I weight the peg so much I am...
when going through a corner I know to put weight on the outside peg. But how much? Should I weight the peg so much I am basically standing a small bit off the seat or just put a bit of pressure on the peg?
So everyone hears about weighting the outside peg and that its so important and why. Well, its important for cornering speed, getting your tires to bite and not push or hold the line. Its like a downhill skier, when they are making their turns they lift the inside leg and press hard on their edge to get the ski to turn and hold a line. The harder you press on the bike the more your tires will bite. Timing is critical to sit down just prior to apex while driving your weight into the peg, to get the bike to follow the line you choose, while getting back on the throttle. The more traction you have the faster you will be able to make transition changes. As for coming off the seat, its more of a shifting of weight to the outside. So how much weight, the faster you need to go the more weight you need, and the slicker the surface or flatter not rut or berm, even more pressure is applied.

Now here is your pro tip. Great riders adjust their rear brake so they can keep weight on the peg and still work and feather
the rear brake without ever lifting pressure from the peg.

For more information on how to go fast go to www.motocrossuniversity.com
1/27/2012 8:31pm
RudyRayMo wrote:
Jumping is my weak point, got any tips>?
Jumping can be difficult. You want to stay centered over the machine in somewhat of a neutral position. There are so many techniques. Start off slow, running up the face of a jump sitting down with the gas at medium throttle, as you leave the face of the jump let the force lift you up and out of your seat, and stand up with your head up over the triple clamps. If its a table top lean forward a bit and get the bike to settle at the same angle as the downside of the jump. Start on slow jumps doing this and slowly work your way up. The faster you go off of jumps the more you need to be standing up.

Going with the flow of the machine, staying in a neutral position and flowing with the bike is key to jumping. Go watch some supercross racing action, rewind and watch the top guys and do your best to do what they are doing. Monkey see monkey do.

For more tips on riding faster and safer go to motocrossuniversity.com

Post a reply to: Pro Speed Secrets " Go Faster Safer Now"

The Latest