Interference of Race at District 41 Championship Series Event

Superman
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 8:02am
I am wanting to know what the AMA rules say is or is not a direct interference of a rider during a moto on the track with racing in progress!

It was an AMA sanctioned District 41 Championship Series event race that I was at with my son & there are a lot of details so I'm going to try to make it short by listing the facts in a list so please follow me on this because it is a series issue that I don't understand & with considerations that I know it was not intentionally done to integer!

* 2nd Motos started without any between break 4 track maintenance
* Owner is in water truck shooting water on jumps & technical areas of track (hard packed & blue grooved landings faces)
* Races were on the track in start to finish progress never paused of not stoped
* water truck hits a couple of riders with blasts of water

* water is shot on to the hard packed surface of a bind landing of a big jump just seconds before the 2nd place rider is approaching the jump for his 3rd lap of the race which upon completing 1 more lap would become the series point leader! As the rider makes the jump he can not see the landing but was in belief that it was just as it was on laps 1 & 2 since. there was not a yellow caution flag to alert a potentially hazardous situation, seeing how this is motocross & was a championship series event with the district title for class champion on an agenda he was racing for the common goal of the sport so he was in full MX mode as he came down to the surface as slick as oil on pavement & as soon as the tires touched the ground they both immediately slid out from underneath slamming the rider down and smacking the ground!

As soon as he crashed the yellow caution flag was waived alerting the other 23+ riders starting to approach the jump! I was told that one other rider, not sure what position I believe it was 3rd crashed as well & broke his nose. AMA rule is NO JUMP NO PASS under a yellow flag so it helped to keep from becoming a major pile up!

The 2nd place rider got up & finished the race but collapsed trying to get to the medics for help afterward! He had to be taken to the emergency room right after & missed his 6th & final race moto of the day!

I would like to know what the thoughts of the riders & motocross public on rather they feel it was a serious danger to water the hard surfaces or any part of the track altering the conditions with a race on the track
|
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
10/25/2011 7:12pm
Hell yea its dangerous! I hate when they do that on practice days but during a moto??? I would want to fight.

Post a reply to: Interference of Race at District 41 Championship Series Event

The Latest