Albany MX track discussion

wheelieking
Edited Date/Time 3/24/2016 8:50am
I've been riding at albany mx for years, not because its great (in fact i think its crappy and run down, not worth the money to ride half the time) but because its the only place close to Salem. What is everyone else's opinions on the track? can someone please tell the owners to make it better? the track has gotten worse over the years with no improvements. they bring in sand they don't even know how to mix it in right, track prep is shitty, track layouts suck, and im tired of it, because the track is sketchy, one-lined and narrow. all the jumps need to be re-made. i guess im just frustrated with paying $25 to ride the same old run down track that sees no improvements. i see why they are losing riders and its sad.
|
Moto810
8/18/2015 4:58pm
I did go down to ride there once. It was a scary day because they had built some killer woops right next to the concrete wall. The fastest riders there could not manage them and I boy broke his leg right in front of us. I could see where that facility could be good if maybe the focused their attention on just that one track. They have a flat track, pool, and some other things there that is not needed. Maybe just bring in some good dirt and make one good layout and people will come! I always like to try an support the tracks but they have to make an effort also.
holverson34
9/16/2015 10:00am
I agree they could use some new jumps, there's some single roller type jumps that I wouldn't mind seeing disapear. I really enjoyed the track layout back around 06 where the finish section had big jumps rather than the whoops.
Moto810
3/24/2016 8:50am
Albany should work on fixing up their track and I would bet they would get more riding coming down from Portland. Riders have said that same thing to me again and again.

Post a reply to: Albany MX track discussion

The Latest