Whibco/Port Elizabeth

propp2531
Edited Date/Time 1/31/2015 9:27am
I know that cops have been cracking down on that area lately but does anyone still ride there? I grew up riding down there every weekend and just got back into riding and was wondering how bad the cops were.
|
mx621
1/30/2015 10:19am
its pretty much a no go unless u have private property to park nearby or your a local and know all the spots to avoid... last time I rode there was 09.. first time I had been there in about 7-8 years. I couldn't believe all those rough whooped tracks were still there and looked well riden.. I too grew up riding there and rode there all the time till about 2001-02 when cops started really cracking down hard. looking back that place was pretty crazy.. guys drag racing 4 wheelers for $ on the main road. was like mad maxx..
propp2531
1/30/2015 10:57am
Thats what I figured. Parking would be the biggest issue. Im sure its almost not worth it at this point but was wondering if anyone still went out there. Im sure people have spots to park but dont blame them for not telling. I plan on riding at FOD when the weather breaks but the biggest issue for me is the ability to free ride. A track is fun but its also a lot of fun to carve out a jump or your own little track every once in a while.
mx621
1/30/2015 11:37am
Free riding like that has been gone for me since port got shut down. Ive narrowly escaped getting busted there a few times and threw in the towel. Again this was back in I think 02. I have a bunch of buddies that woods race and they ride there a lot still. But all they wanna do it ride woods. BORING! I wanna bring a shovel, make cool shit and ride the whooped sand tracks.
propp2531
1/31/2015 9:27am
I agree. I love riding trails but nothing beats riding a pit and just playing on the bike. I assume the Chatsworth area is just as bad. I didn't ride there much but spent some time there too. Oh well. I guess I'll be hitting up FOD which is better than nothing. I Wish I knew someone who lived in the area that I could park at their place.

Post a reply to: Whibco/Port Elizabeth

The Latest