Nemx vs Nesc

MSM
Pros and cons? Which one do you race and why?
|
pete24
8/2/2016 5:54pm
the fastest guys race NESC all the others are second rate series
Uncle Tony
8/8/2016 5:12pm
pete24 wrote:
Pete New England is so splintered now it's hard to tell what series is best, I've never done a J-DAY but they seem to be winning
MXD
8/9/2016 1:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2016 1:41pm
pete24 wrote:
I race the Winchester Speedpark series because the average 40B gate is 15+ riders whereas every other series is less than 10. On the off weekends, I usually race NEMX for a few reasons. The biggest one is that it is the least expensive so if I'm not invested in the points, it's a cheap way to gate a few gate drops on the off weekends. Another reason is that most of their races are on Saturdays which I prefer. The final reason is that most of the NEMX tracks are some of my favorites and I like the variety.

As far as NESC vs NEMX, it depends a lot on what class you race and what your goal is. If you are a young up and comer in the 250 or 450 class, NESC for sure. If you don't care much about turnout or competition, NEMX is fun and laid back. If you love to battle but can do without the 2 or 3 kids headed to a national at some point, it's hard to beat the turnout at Winchester. I think they draw the biggest crowds by far at this point.
MSM
8/12/2016 1:10pm
Yes Jday seems to be killing it in my area. Netra is still pretty strong as well, but I am looking to commit to full moto series for my first time with a 125. So I am better off with NEMX?

The Shop

MXD
8/14/2016 12:27pm
MSM wrote:
Yes Jday seems to be killing it in my area. Netra is still pretty strong as well, but I am looking to commit to full moto...
Yes Jday seems to be killing it in my area. Netra is still pretty strong as well, but I am looking to commit to full moto series for my first time with a 125. So I am better off with NEMX?
What class will you be racing and what are your goals?
pete24
9/4/2016 5:21pm
saturday races suk most people work during the week, i need saturday to get my stuff ready, the only reason saturday races even exist in new england is because when NEMX started NESC raced on sundays and they owned mx in new england, and there was no messing with the NESC , its got the fastest guys and the best tracks, how many national champs or national riders came from those other series? aaaaa none exactly,if you dont want to mess around with some kid who wants to be the next best thing i sugest you skip the racing and stick to the practice tracks, they are much smoother for your sorry ass
Henry_Van
9/4/2016 5:42pm
Wow this guy must be really fast with all that s**t talkSideways
10/8/2016 8:09am
IMO MX racing in New England took a real dive when Andy Calisewski was run out of the NESC back in the late 90's. Andy was the founder of the NESC and ran the best (most competive) local racing series probably anywhere in the country. Where else was there a 36 race championship series divided into a spring and fall series. Gates in every class were full every race from late March to the end of October, with only a small drop in attendance as the season wore on. IMO this is what allowed guys like Doug Henry, John Dowd and Keith Johnson, etc. to rise to National level competitors. Now it does seem like splintered shit show that exists in other parts of the country. Florida for example, dozens of great tracks with no cohesive race program or series. All the average guy can be is a "pro practicer".
10/8/2016 8:16am
pete24 wrote:
saturday races suk most people work during the week, i need saturday to get my stuff ready, the only reason saturday races even exist in new...
saturday races suk most people work during the week, i need saturday to get my stuff ready, the only reason saturday races even exist in new england is because when NEMX started NESC raced on sundays and they owned mx in new england, and there was no messing with the NESC , its got the fastest guys and the best tracks, how many national champs or national riders came from those other series? aaaaa none exactly,if you dont want to mess around with some kid who wants to be the next best thing i sugest you skip the racing and stick to the practice tracks, they are much smoother for your sorry ass
Nailed it!
Uncle Tony
10/10/2016 6:49am
IMO MX racing in New England took a real dive when Andy Calisewski was run out of the NESC back in the late 90's. Andy was...
IMO MX racing in New England took a real dive when Andy Calisewski was run out of the NESC back in the late 90's. Andy was the founder of the NESC and ran the best (most competive) local racing series probably anywhere in the country. Where else was there a 36 race championship series divided into a spring and fall series. Gates in every class were full every race from late March to the end of October, with only a small drop in attendance as the season wore on. IMO this is what allowed guys like Doug Henry, John Dowd and Keith Johnson, etc. to rise to National level competitors. Now it does seem like splintered shit show that exists in other parts of the country. Florida for example, dozens of great tracks with no cohesive race program or series. All the average guy can be is a "pro practicer".
To me NESC was at its best when they had just 4 tracks, southwick, central village, middleboro and bull run, clearly bull run is gone, I was talking with Andy once and he said, and I quote "NESC works with just 4 tracks"
MSM
12/26/2016 4:52pm
I apologize, I know this thread is pretty old but.. you know, life and stuff. Anyways sounds to me like I am better off with nemx. Like I said I ride a 125 and I am under 30. I would be racing in C250 I supose?

That brings up a question I had before I forget, What purpose does open c/novice class serve? Why not just enter your appropriate C class (for example: ride a 250f, enter C250)?

As far as goals I would really like to progress threw the series, have fun, and see how competitive I can get. I've hit some private and public tracks this year and love it. Some of my friends are AA woods riders and the rest, well EVERYONE I know rides netra or jday. To me I just dont have that much fun in the woods. Do nemx guys get practice in the am on race day? Part of my problem is I am married to my job. If I commit to any series race days will pretty much be my only productive ride time, though I do intend to take this as seriously as life allows. I am in a pretty terrible location. Pretty close to southwick which has very limited practice days as all of you know. Rocky hill being next in line (still over an hour and a half) when they close doors next year I am really going to be in a tuff place. Btw thanks for all the opinions
MXD
12/26/2016 5:22pm
I still say Winchester. The track is competitive, challenging and safe. The gates are also jammed in the 250c class. If you live in CT near Southwick, Winchester might not be too far for you.
opyguy
12/26/2016 5:43pm
Crow hill does Tuesday Thursday Saturday practices, not sure if that's close enough. I have 2 kids doing sports so my weekends are shot, I live and die by my Thursday night ride sessions.....
DE262
12/26/2016 6:56pm
I feel like I am reading another language.
Had no idea there were 47 different racing series out there- you guys are lucky! Enjoy.
Lightning78
12/26/2016 7:16pm
pete24 wrote:
saturday races suk most people work during the week, i need saturday to get my stuff ready, the only reason saturday races even exist in new...
Brah, you sound wicked pissed brah.
dedi684
12/26/2016 7:33pm
check the results you can get an idea of how many racers are in either series and at any particular track. Kind of sucks racing only 5 guys so you may want to see how your classes look.
hellion
12/26/2016 7:46pm
It was nice in a way back when you raced NEMA until you graduated to big bikes, then you raced NESC. Simple as that. We lost a few tracks and gained some, but many years with Andy running the show we had more than four. Southwick, Lanesboro, Pepperel, Middleboro, Waterboro, Loudon, Charlemont, Central Village if I'm not forgetting some. They didn't all exist at the same time, but there were years with six tracks. I really liked the variety.
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
12/26/2016 10:08pm Edited Date/Time 12/26/2016 10:14pm
hellion wrote:
It was nice in a way back when you raced NEMA until you graduated to big bikes, then you raced NESC. Simple as that. We lost...
It was nice in a way back when you raced NEMA until you graduated to big bikes, then you raced NESC. Simple as that. We lost a few tracks and gained some, but many years with Andy running the show we had more than four. Southwick, Lanesboro, Pepperel, Middleboro, Waterboro, Loudon, Charlemont, Central Village if I'm not forgetting some. They didn't all exist at the same time, but there were years with six tracks. I really liked the variety.
Jolly Roger for a minute.

NESC has always been it. Pete has it right.

As mentioned NEMA was for the kids and they would have a Dads race mixed it. NESC is the series. I also thought NEMX started for all people scared to race NESC. Pretty sure that was the reason.
Starcrossed
12/27/2016 5:47am
MSM wrote:
I apologize, I know this thread is pretty old but.. you know, life and stuff. Anyways sounds to me like I am better off with nemx...
I apologize, I know this thread is pretty old but.. you know, life and stuff. Anyways sounds to me like I am better off with nemx. Like I said I ride a 125 and I am under 30. I would be racing in C250 I supose?

That brings up a question I had before I forget, What purpose does open c/novice class serve? Why not just enter your appropriate C class (for example: ride a 250f, enter C250)?

As far as goals I would really like to progress threw the series, have fun, and see how competitive I can get. I've hit some private and public tracks this year and love it. Some of my friends are AA woods riders and the rest, well EVERYONE I know rides netra or jday. To me I just dont have that much fun in the woods. Do nemx guys get practice in the am on race day? Part of my problem is I am married to my job. If I commit to any series race days will pretty much be my only productive ride time, though I do intend to take this as seriously as life allows. I am in a pretty terrible location. Pretty close to southwick which has very limited practice days as all of you know. Rocky hill being next in line (still over an hour and a half) when they close doors next year I am really going to be in a tuff place. Btw thanks for all the opinions
To answer your question open novice would be an option for a second class for riders who otherwise may not be eligible for another class. If you can't sign up for at least two classes it may not be worth going.

Why do you need to decide between the two series? Do you want to race for a championship? With your constraints it may be better to pick and choose the locations and dates that you want to race and register as a one day rider. You will get a feel for the different tracks and the way each series is run, and if you like one much more then you could commit to a fall points series. For the most part, I agree with pete's assessment, and prefer NESC.
Sixeightone
12/27/2016 6:02am Edited Date/Time 12/27/2016 6:54am
Nemx is Winchester, Winchester bought Nema and combined it with their Winchester series. Nema was always geared towards the youth riders and their fathers. Nesc was always the local fast guys. Lately it seems as though both have died down since the rise of the Jday series. I manage the parts department at a shop in central Connecticut and hear all the time how the politics at the races have made people not attend the traditional motocross race anymore. On any given weekend at a Jday you can expect to see a minimum of a 300 rider turn out. The last Southwick race of 2016 the pits were packed. It was as packed as walking around during the National there.

But to get back on track, Nesc is more geared toward 18+ year old racing, or someone who is going to be taking an entire series more seriously. Nemx is definitely geared toward the youth riders 50s all the way through the Schoolboy class, and then you will see tons of the Fathers who are there with the kids racing in the vet classes. Both are really fun, and if you get the chance to get up to NHMX or formerly known as (Jolly Rodgers) you should go. That track is hands down the best track in New England after Tony Lorusso got his hands on it! Fresh loam with loads of elevation!

Stooperbike
12/27/2016 9:21am
Henry_Van wrote:
He is as a matter of fact, one of the toughest MX guys I know
Digger29
12/27/2016 10:33am Edited Date/Time 12/27/2016 10:37am
Henry_Van wrote:
He is as a matter of fact, one of the toughest MX guys I know
I'm not sure that I'd label Pete as one of the toughest guys but I'd certainly say in my 30+ yrs of knowing and racing against him that he's without a doubt one of the nicest and most helpful guys that you'll ever meet. He's definitely one smartest and funniest guys that you'll ever meet and it's my pleasure to call him my friend.
MXD
12/27/2016 2:08pm
Thats funny because he comes across as a tard on here
The keyboard has no "tone of voice" key so a lot gets lost in translation especially with some of the ah hmmm, "older guys". Pete's good people.
Uncle Tony
12/27/2016 2:13pm
MXD wrote:
The keyboard has no "tone of voice" key so a lot gets lost in translation especially with some of the ah hmmm, "older guys". Pete's good...
The keyboard has no "tone of voice" key so a lot gets lost in translation especially with some of the ah hmmm, "older guys". Pete's good people.
Pete24 = great guy
pete24
12/27/2016 5:20pm
i prefer Fucktard, thanks
Vet57
12/28/2016 6:20am
Hey Fucktard....are you running that Kaw next season or the YZ? Sorry couldn't resist!
pete24
12/28/2016 7:12am
ill ride the cucca suka at least until i ride a new honda 450
ill always have a yz 250 just in case

Post a reply to: Nemx vs Nesc

The Latest