Best NE MX Tracks!!!

jndmx
1/12/2011 3:36am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2011 3:38am
Hemonds is a beautiful track, they are a great family and the place is always well taken care of.
The elevation changes are insane and they have some awesome dirt.
It is kind of too bad they are so far out away from anything because that is a gorgeous location, some of the nicest pits of any track.....grass as far as the eye can see.

On the other side of the state of Maine there is MX 207 in Lyman.
Really nice long layout, high-speed sections and some big jumps.
They run races with a lot of the NE race orgs and also have practice during the week.

If you are looking for a good practice track check out CT River MX in Rocky Hill, owned by Tony Lorusso local pro and one of the winningest riders in the NESC.
It is a pretty long layout with some good size jumps but nothing that can't be rolled or jumped in some smaller combos for the newer riders.
Only thing about Rocky Hill is they get kind of busy so the best time to go is during the week if you can or very early Sat/Sun.

Of course I am partial to Winchester Speedpark in southern New Hampshire being as I work there.
We have two tracks one is a natural terrain MX track with some incredible dirt....loamy and soft which builds up some excellent lines and ruts.
We also have a pretty good sized Supercross layout which is designed and built with a different layout every year.
The track owner Dave worked for about 5 years with the guys from Dirt Wurx so it is usually a challenging but fun track to race.

Crow Hill MX in Templeton Mass is a very cool practice track, owned by Robby Marshalls family and they have been involved in racing forever.
They have added a lot of new dirt which has breatly improved the surface plus they have an incredible sand section for you Southwick fans.
A couple race orgs run there but they are primarily a practice track.
Ds164
1/18/2011 9:45pm
my opinion may me biased, due to the fact that I haven't really made it to many tracks over the last few years, or something along those lines, but man, MX207 is a place I choose to spend a LOT of time at Wink

Steve236
1/18/2011 10:12pm
Mx 207 is defiantly my track of choice, always groomed to perfection
jndmx
1/19/2011 12:38pm
Yeah I have heard nothing but good stuff about 207 we just haven't had a chance to get there yet.

Was supposed to go to an open ride day last year courtesy of Pete's Cycle but it was rained out.

The Shop

mxpunk
10/5/2011 8:06pm
Englishtown's race track and practice track are REALLY good tracks.

Cant wait to get a bike again and head up north to CT/MA/ME and check out the tracks up there Smile
Desiree Wyatt
1/1/2012 9:56pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2012 9:57pm
Hemond's is awesome, but I agree that it is way out of the way for routine riding. Hickory Hill in Granville, NY has similar issues re: out in the boonies. It too is a fun track but not the caliber of Hemond's. I personally don't enjoy riding @ MX 207 b/c I am a wimp, don't appreciate gap jumps and the steep whoops. However, that being said, there are many riders who love the place and rave about it. I did like the sandy-ness of the track. I am a member of Winchester and, like jndmx really enjoy the terrain and challenges there. I have also ridden at Canaan (NH) Lions Club Motocross track. It doesn't look like much but it can give you some surprises. It has some sand and loose, loamy-like sections, particularly around the hairpin turns. It is a well run event. I miss Mototown and wish they would reopen.
Top End
1/4/2012 1:24am
In upstate NY Hickory Hill is nice. I like the setting with the ponds and green grass. Walden has a similar fell to it with the pond in the middle. I like Walden the best. They keep changing it up during the year making it interesting and fun.
Gabriel J
1/6/2012 7:31pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2012 7:32pm
I've heard rave reviews about Hemonds, but the extra drive isn't to appealing with MX207 that much closer. I LOVE that place!..Every time I go up there it just gets more and more fun. I would happily pay $1,000 a year to be able to ride a comparable track in my local area...But none exist..
1/12/2012 8:06am
No love for Jolly Roger MX?

Sure the track is kind of sketchy, but the natural terrain is great, and the track itself is effin huge
Desiree Wyatt
1/19/2012 3:59pm
No love for Jolly Roger MX? Sure the track is kind of sketchy, but the natural terrain is great, and the track itself is effin huge...

Sure the track is kind of sketchy, but the natural terrain is great, and the track itself is effin huge
Actually Jolly's is a great track, but needs more modifications to be run safely. Blind spots, not enough flagger coverage- therefore-slow rescue response. I think Marko has lost his mojo for the place, and has not done as much as he could have done. I have gone there to spectate and watch some friends race - was surprised that the turn-out was notably less than what would have been only a year ago. Some rider complaints are poor service, poorly-maintained porta-pots, spectators (including little kids) standing on the outside lines of berms. And yet, in one instance, if it weren't for the spectators on another turn, a fallen rider would have been hit - there were no flaggers at that blindspot. The bleachers are splintery. There is just an overall lack of maintenance. It's too bad, because that track has such potential.
MxRewind
2/5/2013 2:47pm
Hemmonds and Mx207. I wonder why you chose Mx207 Danny? Wink
lt76c5
2/23/2013 6:13am
I race Canaan NH and love it. Small track, only 7/10ths of a mile but definately fun. I don't want to start any unfounded rumors but Jolly rogers may be opening back up under new ownership. Not a definate yet but I'll keep everyone posted if it does happen. It would be nice if it happens as I'm only 10 minutes away.
12/31/2013 4:36pm
Are there any places to ride near the NorthShore area. I ride Epping NH MX101 and it's about an hour away. I've heard of a place in Peabody, it's a private track, Bostik I think it is called, or what people call it. Anyone know about it? I have no idea were it is but it would be nice to go mess around there, much closer to home.
1/18/2014 12:03pm
Wareham mx, rocky hill, and mx207 are my top three but there all great though.
9/27/2014 10:06pm
New england has some amazing tracks i personally loved southwick. I would love togo to the tracks in maine but thats a hike for me.im alittle surprised a couple of ya's mentioned englishtown. I pretty much quit racing cause of that place lol. That place hasnt changed since the 80's. Yea the track has changed but the facility itself is horrible.the best track nj ever had was "powerline park!" Now that was a mx track!
Mungusman
12/29/2014 12:05pm
Miles mountain Mx, in elkland, pa. 1.5 mile track. Awesome soil, always well taken care of, beautiful area. Everyone I tell to go there are always you were right man, about that place. Get there if you can, you won't regret it.
Bugdeath
1/25/2015 2:42pm
Winchester Speed Park, MX207, and Central Village are my favorites in New England. But, in all of the North East, I have to say Englishtown NJ is my favorite.
GFMM647
6/12/2015 10:12am
For those of you who haven't heard, Tony Lorusso has taken over ownership of Jolly Rogers. He already has started to work on the track and facilities. There is a new website nhmotocross.com with some pictures posted of the progress. Can't wait to see the finished result and improvements he is going to bring to the place. One of my all time favorite places to ride. Lived 5 min down the road from there when I was younger and went there all the time to ride when it first opened. Marco use to let us ride there for free if we picked rocks afterwards.
MHR401
6/12/2015 7:07pm
Keeping it local.......Southwick MX for races and Rocky Hill MX for practice. best of both worlds!!
Bugdeath
7/20/2016 5:21am
No love for Jolly Roger MX? Sure the track is kind of sketchy, but the natural terrain is great, and the track itself is effin huge...

Actually Jolly's is a great track, but needs more modifications to be run safely. Blind spots, not enough flagger coverage- therefore-slow rescue response. I think Marko...
Actually Jolly's is a great track, but needs more modifications to be run safely. Blind spots, not enough flagger coverage- therefore-slow rescue response. I think Marko has lost his mojo for the place, and has not done as much as he could have done. I have gone there to spectate and watch some friends race - was surprised that the turn-out was notably less than what would have been only a year ago. Some rider complaints are poor service, poorly-maintained porta-pots, spectators (including little kids) standing on the outside lines of berms. And yet, in one instance, if it weren't for the spectators on another turn, a fallen rider would have been hit - there were no flaggers at that blindspot. The bleachers are splintery. There is just an overall lack of maintenance. It's too bad, because that track has such potential.
NHMX is great! (Formerly known as Jolly Rogers). New England Pro rider, Tony Lorusso has done an incredible amount of work to the track, bringing it back to its former glory. No more rocks and ledge sticking out from the former owner, Marco's stripping off the soil and selling it.
The place gets better every time I go there.

Post a reply to: Best NE MX Tracks!!!

The Latest