Madison moto scene

forensic
Fantasy
1620th
Edited Date/Time 11/29/2015 5:02pm
what can anyone tell me about living in Madison and riding moto, bmx, or mountain biking. is there a good scene, tracks nearby the city etc.
|
mj731
10/10/2014 11:12am
I live about 20 minutes from Madison. The only tracks close are Aztalan and Sugar Maple. Aztalan has open riding for members only and has races once a month. I'm not a fan of that track because of the layout, hard clay dirt, and prep even though it has gotten a little better. Sugar Maple is a newer track and they are putting a lot of time and money into it to make the dirt and prep really good and they have open riding every weekend and a few races a year. Northern IL has some really nice tracks that would be about 2-2/12 hours away but well worth the drive. I just started mountain biking and there are a few places in the area for that. At Blue Mounds state park there are quite a few trails that seem to get good reviews from enthusiasts. Hope that helps. Are you moving to Madison?
forensic
Fantasy
1620th
1/7/2015 11:44am
mj731 wrote:
I live about 20 minutes from Madison. The only tracks close are Aztalan and Sugar Maple. Aztalan has open riding for members only and has races...
I live about 20 minutes from Madison. The only tracks close are Aztalan and Sugar Maple. Aztalan has open riding for members only and has races once a month. I'm not a fan of that track because of the layout, hard clay dirt, and prep even though it has gotten a little better. Sugar Maple is a newer track and they are putting a lot of time and money into it to make the dirt and prep really good and they have open riding every weekend and a few races a year. Northern IL has some really nice tracks that would be about 2-2/12 hours away but well worth the drive. I just started mountain biking and there are a few places in the area for that. At Blue Mounds state park there are quite a few trails that seem to get good reviews from enthusiasts. Hope that helps. Are you moving to Madison?
yeah I might be. I checked out Madison when I was there and it didn't seem like the town had much going on other than a college scene, so I wasn't that interested. but everyone I run into keeps telling me how awesome madison is. i might give it a shot. thanks for the reply. If I move there I will have to hit you up to go riding!
lp223
11/21/2015 10:42pm
A little late for this season now but I own a track about 1 1/2 hours south west of Madison that is decent and growing every year. It is free to ride but we accept donations to help with track maintenance. If you want more info or some pics let me know.
moto804
11/26/2015 5:23pm
lp223 wrote:
A little late for this season now but I own a track about 1 1/2 hours south west of Madison that is decent and growing every...
A little late for this season now but I own a track about 1 1/2 hours south west of Madison that is decent and growing every year. It is free to ride but we accept donations to help with track maintenance. If you want more info or some pics let me know.
You have me interested. 1 1/2 hrs south west of Madison has to be pretty close to the IL border. Would be interested to possibly check it out next spring. Can you post up some pics or location info?

The Shop

lp223
11/29/2015 5:02pm
lp223 wrote:
A little late for this season now but I own a track about 1 1/2 hours south west of Madison that is decent and growing every...
moto804 wrote:
You have me interested. 1 1/2 hrs south west of Madison has to be pretty close to the IL border. Would be interested to possibly check...
You have me interested. 1 1/2 hrs south west of Madison has to be pretty close to the IL border. Would be interested to possibly check it out next spring. Can you post up some pics or location info?
My zip code is 53816. If you have face book send me a friend request my name is luke padrutt and the track has a face book page it is called "the ranch mx track" there is a few pics on it.

Post a reply to: Madison moto scene

The Latest