Quail Canyon MX

Hallzilla
11/26/2012 8:27pm
Anyone been out there lately? Its the new i-5mx now ran by the state i believe.
Welcome to 3 years ago. Its a great track considering the state runs it. Monday and thursday prep every week. They throw water down every morning on the off prep days, plus there are water hoses everywhere so you can always touch up .
They have been all over the sparky deal lately so keep it in. I've seen guys get jumped on after pulling the spakry out, riding, and as they come off the track the ranger's waiting. No worries on the red/green sticker, they don't check ..... Just don't go outside the fence line without a sticker. Layout could use a few more jumps, but the Himilaya is still there, along with a few other decent hit's. For 5 bucks a truckload you CANNOT BEAT IT.

Here's one of my helmet cams from a while ago, but the layout is identical.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6H1GDSlLks
wydopen
4/30/2013 5:14am
^^^ dont know if you havent been there is awhile but i had to go to bakersfield yesterday so i brought my bike and stopped at quail canyon on the way back....

it was awful...so hardpack i literally could have run street tires....there was acceleration chop from last year comming out of the corners...they also didnt prep it and it was monday..or maybe they did and thats what they consider prep..

did one lap and packed it up...it was that bad...ended up riding the trails which wasnt very fun either by myself on a full moto setup..just found some whoop sections and pounded those out just to at least get some practice...i wouldnt ride that track again even if i got paid it was that bad...looked nothing like in your helmet cam..
Hallzilla
4/30/2013 7:06am
wydopen wrote:
^^^ dont know if you havent been there is awhile but i had to go to bakersfield yesterday so i brought my bike and stopped at...
^^^ dont know if you havent been there is awhile but i had to go to bakersfield yesterday so i brought my bike and stopped at quail canyon on the way back....

it was awful...so hardpack i literally could have run street tires....there was acceleration chop from last year comming out of the corners...they also didnt prep it and it was monday..or maybe they did and thats what they consider prep..

did one lap and packed it up...it was that bad...ended up riding the trails which wasnt very fun either by myself on a full moto setup..just found some whoop sections and pounded those out just to at least get some practice...i wouldnt ride that track again even if i got paid it was that bad...looked nothing like in your helmet cam..
Bummer. I have not been there much lately, but I do know they recently changed the prep days from Monday / Thursday to Tuesday and Friday. So that was probably the worst day to go considering there is a decent Friday crowd plus the weekend. The prep days are great and if your ever passing through on one of those days give it another try. We will be at zaca this Saturday if your interested.
wydopen
4/30/2013 3:10pm
yea idk..some of the breaking bumps were like concrete..they had to have been there for while..i was hoping it would be like your helmet cam..that looked fun

The Shop

wydopen
4/30/2013 3:11pm
think im riding zaca sunday..my buddy works saturdays and he just got a new ktm fe so i was gonna go with him sunday..it was really good this last weekend..sands all mixed in its perfect..
Hallzilla
4/30/2013 6:49pm
I feel ya on the concrete and chatter, When i take my son on the weekends to ride the vintage track, I always load my bike up thinking i will ride. But after looking at the track the bike never gets unloaded. Have fun sunday.
Hallzilla
5/4/2013 6:09pm
Zaca was kill today. Really light crowd and everyone was fighting over oak trees Wink
Have fun 2mro. Could be even better with the weather wish I lived closer and would join ya.

Post a reply to: Quail Canyon MX

The Latest