Kingman Motopark to change hands

motomojo
1/17/2016 8:05pm
Good luck!!

I hope i am mistaken but it seems the moto interest in Kingman is not so much.
I look at Cerbats Results page and there are only 1 to 2 riders in each class most is like 5 or 6 and those are 65's.

There is a new MX track AZ Playground which never runs a practice or a race at least not moto not sure what's up with that.

Not sure why the old Motopark closed as i moved here after it's closing but could be it was due to not enough support to stay open.

I wish you much luck and hope it works out for ya.

Cheers
KGM66
1/18/2016 8:22am
The issue with motx in Kingman is that there is no consistency. The two tracks that I deal with are not open on a regular basis, one has just shut down (creating adrenaline motopark) and he is now selling the property. Cerbat motosports at the fairgrounds is only open on race weekends is a narrow track and could be better. The MX playground was closed early last year and bulldozed.

Which is why me and my group are going to push to purchase a piece of property right off of route 66,
2/11/2016 7:25pm
I think the issue with MotoPark is the neighborhood has grown so much around it. Don't see it as being Moto friendly as a PUBLIC track in the forseeable future. Although the dirt is nice there, could be a sketchy investment for a sustainable Motocross track.
ROCKNDAWG
8/7/2016 5:51pm
I'm an old dude that that has been riding MX most of my life and just moved to Kingman....little bummed there seems to be no MX tracks around. I sold my bike so I didn't have to move it, but if there is nowhere to ride i might as well not buy another. Whats the MX story around Kingman. Thanks ed

The Shop

motomojo
8/8/2016 2:33pm
ROCKNDAWG wrote:
I'm an old dude that that has been riding MX most of my life and just moved to Kingman....little bummed there seems to be no MX...
I'm an old dude that that has been riding MX most of my life and just moved to Kingman....little bummed there seems to be no MX tracks around. I sold my bike so I didn't have to move it, but if there is nowhere to ride i might as well not buy another. Whats the MX story around Kingman. Thanks ed
When you say "old dude" you mean like 30ish or do you mean old dude like really old Ha! I'm 59 so i fit into the latter category obviously.
Anyway yeah not so much Moto in Kingman though the location you would figure it to be the place to have some good tracks.
There is a private track south of 40 east of 93 that is pretty good Gopher Gulch MX about 40 min east of Kingman.
Lot of elevation change some fun safe jumps and great dirt.

Here are a couple links to videos of the track.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrhuZ-FGtzGo_I3KoDfz9GQ

https://vimeo.com/channels/1058204

8/8/2016 4:35pm
ROCKNDAWG wrote:
I'm an old dude that that has been riding MX most of my life and just moved to Kingman....little bummed there seems to be no MX...
Looks like you've moved from the epicenter of Moto to a Moto ghost town. There is/was a fairground track? There's a track 60mi away in Lake Havasu. It's seasonal unless you can ride in 115 deg heat. Only good news is the Private Gopher Gulch track, you should check that one out!
ROCKNDAWG
8/8/2016 4:59pm
ROCKNDAWG wrote:
motomojo wrote:
When you say "old dude" you mean like 30ish or do you mean old dude like really old Ha! I'm 59 so i fit into the...
When you say "old dude" you mean like 30ish or do you mean old dude like really old Ha! I'm 59 so i fit into the latter category obviously.
Anyway yeah not so much Moto in Kingman though the location you would figure it to be the place to have some good tracks.
There is a private track south of 40 east of 93 that is pretty good Gopher Gulch MX about 40 min east of Kingman.
Lot of elevation change some fun safe jumps and great dirt.

Here are a couple links to videos of the track.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrhuZ-FGtzGo_I3KoDfz9GQ

https://vimeo.com/channels/1058204

Thanks for the info, even though its not sounding very good.
I'm an even older dude at 61 year old, I can still go fairly fast even though major back surgery slowed me down quit a bit.

How is the Lake Havasu track? (i will drive done a check it out)

And who do I contact about the private track???

Thinking of picking up something like a CRF250L so i can at least just putt around on some of the dirt roads around my house. (life out in Valle Vista)
8/8/2016 5:14pm
The Havasu track is a fun layout, vet friendly for the most part. If you're used to SoCal tracks this will seem quite hard and rocky but they do their best with prep. It's just the nature of the dirt out there.

Message Motomojo for info on the private track.

Post a reply to: Kingman Motopark to change hands

The Latest